Filming of new tour - part 2

Bat-Fan

10 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

I actually didn't like the inserting photos during the number but I do appreciate what she tried to do with it. The black and white filter works for that section and her body looked amazing. The performance truly morphed from the first Chicago date.

Most of it was down to the fact a lot of fans were hoping with all the request songs she did along with Take a Bow (though it was released) and other bits like LDLHA, WTG and others were omitted without a clear answer. Then again, compiling footage from different dates, jump cuts was a little. It's better than MDNA in terms of quality and less frantic editing so hoping this one is more laid back during the slower moments of the show. I expect a lot of the similar editing patterns during God Control and the more energetic dance numbers.

Most of the vocals on the DVD's are a mix of studio, live and touched up audio. Confessions was an example of good editing, filters and effects so hoping she gets a good editor to help get back to that level of delivery because it worked and is one a lof non-Madonna fans cite as an amazing tour when they watch.

The corset jokes will never die. Lol. Will Madonna's outfits be digitally colored? Or the knee tape? I can already see an MX being inserted because "PROMO!" :laughing: Maybe we can see Oxana scamming fans and the fake Polaroid too!

Oh yes, in a couple of years we will be arguing about the knee tape.  Maybe it will be an argument if she digitally added the knee tape or not!  LOL!

I'm sure she'll film a few Lisbon shows. I honestly think the best way to capture the close shots is to film a dress rehearsal (this will allow multiple cameras set up in the theatre without blocking views) and 1-2 regular shows. I agree about the editing; it should be kept minimal this time to capture the intimate experience. And as someone else said, just a few cameras will do the trick - much like how Adele's Royal Albert Hall show was filmed; it was perfect. And of course, edit down the speeches - we don't need 30 minutes of her chit chatting throughout.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
10 hours ago, musicinferno said:

I'm sure she'll film a few Lisbon shows. I honestly think the best way to capture the close shots is to film a dress rehearsal (this will allow multiple cameras set up in the theatre without blocking views) and 1-2 regular shows. I agree about the editing; it should be kept minimal this time to capture the intimate experience. And as someone else said, just a few cameras will do the trick - much like how Adele's Royal Albert Hall show was filmed; it was perfect. And of course, edit down the speeches - we don't need 30 minutes of her chit chatting throughout.

I really hope we don’t have another Rebel Heart Tour editing disaster. I couldn’t enjoy the tour with that DVD.

on the show at BAM on 9/24 it looked like there was video equipment alongside the projection and lighting equipment in the tech booth in front of the mezzanine. and the booths on either side of the stage had what I assumed were discreet security and VIP audience members (or possibly other tour personnel...I saw several people who kept coming and going, and they seemed to be 'observing' rather than watching the show, if that makes sense?

I'm sure an A/V person would know the difference of all the equipment, which didn't really seem like much up front or in the tech deck, but there were definitely a lot of pieces of what I assumed was audio equipment in the upper box sections.

the benefit of staying in one venue for many nights gives the production the ability to know the angles and sweet spots for placing video recording equipment the audience may never see. Camera recording tech has come a long way in being small and discreet with plenty of capability to capture great footage in such a small and intimate space...

Maybe she will use gopros. Or, perhaps customized and super hi def ones not on the consumer market.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
7 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

RH was fine, have you seen MDNA dvd? ?

Yes. I didn’t really mind The MDNA Tour DVD because the over-editing sort of went with the mood the show, whereas RHT is a more intimate and human show and therefore did not require the over-editing. 

Also, after reading the history of the filming of The MDNA Tour, it’s understandable why it’s edited so poorly, but like I said, I don’t mind that DVD. 

5 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Yes. I didn’t really mind The MDNA Tour DVD because the over-editing sort of went with the mood the show, whereas RHT is a more intimate and human show and therefore did not require the over-editing. 

Also, after reading the history of the filming of The MDNA Tour, it’s understandable why it’s edited so poorly, but like I said, I don’t mind that DVD. 

Have you seen the video that Tait Towers put up in 2013?  It's all about building the stage and putting the show together.  I think it is still on YouTube.

On 1/4/2020 at 3:53 PM, Adrian said:

There are to many "talking parts" - I belive if filmed it will be edited down a lot, also it would be great if filmed like a theater piece... only 3-4 cameras and long shots without to much editing and fx...

I'm more concerned of the audio CD. They really left in the full Unapologetic Bitch montage and random blips like her yelling 'oh shit' after pulling out that girls boob and stuff like 'Who wants Idris' banana?' makes sense to listeners. :stare:

On 1/4/2020 at 5:59 PM, RUADJAI said:

If she says "Blood, Sweat, and Tears" in the recording I'll scream.

On 1/4/2020 at 6:09 PM, MarXus said:

What about, "I want to start a Revolution!". 

What about if someone shouts 'Kill your baby'?

Guest Nobody Knows Me

A Netflix release of the tour could also be possible for this tour. I seem to recall rumours of her having meetings with Netflix or Amazon before Madame X was released :Madonna021:

30 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

A Netflix release of the tour could also be possible for this tour. I seem to recall rumours of her having meetings with Netflix or Amazon before Madame X was released :Madonna021:

I remember she had meetings with Netlix, but 'World Of Madame X' ended on Amazon.. and not available worldwide :( 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, remixed224 said:

I remember she had meetings with Netlix, but 'World Of Madame X' ended on Amazon.. and not available worldwide :( 

I forgot about that :Madonna017: but a Netflix release of the tour and a live album on streaming services could be likely.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
21 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

anyone who is going to the Lisbon shows keep an eye out of cameras of any kind

Wish they would show it in cinemas like they did with Kylie's Aphrodite Tour and other concert films

That would be fantastic. Praying for a great recording of some sort. :Madonna001: 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
41 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

That would be a dream come true!

It’d be great if they edited the show like the Aphrodite Tour as well :Madonna052: