Stunning

Redha DBL

The thing is that we all change as we age. Let's first accept that. Secondly, yes, she has decided to have a bit more control over that process, and it's totally fine. At this point, we should also learn that just as we complain about her "current" face, she surprises us, and looks stunning again... it kind of comes and goes... but since, these days, we have mostly seen her without a lot of make-up and in lounging clothes, it's probably fair to say that she will look just fine next time she comes up with a proper project (and photoshoot). Just as some have pointed out, she looked fab for the Madame X videos (particularly "Crave"), so don't worry, LOL! I attended the MTV Special where she debuted the "Medellin" video lat year and I couldn't believe how gorgeous she looked (the makeup, the legs, the hair, the BOOBS!)... We all have bad days, and she probably even takes photos right after she undergoes her filler treatments... I actually admire her "don't give an F" attitude towards what she posts on IG and instead of giving us highly curated/sanitised posts (which I know some, if not most, fans would prefer!), she opts to share a little bit of everything... Madonna lounging in her PJs, Madonna and her post-op scars, Madonna being silly around her house in an ugly grandpa sweater... I mean... that's also kind of cute. To me, it's quite clear she doesn't use IG to sell anything; unlike most celebs, wanna be celebs, influencers, etc., she just uses the platform to have fun, share random stuff, troll us, and even be stupid at times. Even when she tries to actually sell a product (MDNA Skin crap or the awful MX perfume), it really doesn't go too well... So, If all that (even seeing her without makeup and in really unflattering ways) annoys you, just don't follow her.

Do I miss some of her previous faces/looks? Sure (1995-96/2004/2012 M in particular). But I'm actually more interested in witnessing Madonna's on-going and neverending evolution(s) as a person and artist. Even the way she alters her looks and body in the process is super enjoyable to analyse/think about. The social commentary that has developed over the last decade around her in regards to ageing, respectability, motherhood, cosmetic surgery, success, dating after 60, etc. are quite fascinating imo. The sociologist in me, I suppose! LOL

Edited by madfan13_86 (see edit history)

Madonna was goals during Rebel Heart and we never appreciated it enough. But for me her prettiest was Bedtime Stories/ Something To Remember era. I've always seen her as an ever changing entity, so even with her looks now I see her having just a transformation of the times, only lasting for so long.