Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 minute ago, Erotico said:

it could be time for...

Drowned World/Substitute for Love - August 24, 1998
Causing a Commotion - August 25, 1987

weird we don't have who's that girl ep yet...

The "Causing A Commotion" remixes fan uploads are not copyrighted on YouTube but "DW/SFL" are, so there's your answer...

It doesn't mean "DW" is coming this Friday 100% but at least we know it's already planned and coming.

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

we know it's already planned and coming.

And what would it have? Something like:

BT And Sasha's Bucklodge Ashram Remix/BT & Sasha's Ashram Remix/BT & Sasha Buck Lodge Mix (9:28)

SKY FITS HEAVEN
Sasha Remix (7:24)
Sasha Remix Edit/Sasha's The Drug Fits Face Mix, Edit/Sasha's The Drug Fits Face Mix (Edit)/Sasha's 4 Minute Edited Mix (4:08)
Victor Calderone Remix Edit (5:49)
Victor Calderone Roxy Anthem/Anthem Mix (10:14)
Victor Calderone Future Mix (10:26)

5 minutes ago, Frank said:

BT And Sasha's Bucklodge Ashram Remix/BT & Sasha's Ashram Remix/BT & Sasha Buck Lodge Mix (9:28)

SKY FITS HEAVEN
Sasha Remix Edit/Sasha's The Drug Fits Face Mix, Edit/Sasha's The Drug Fits Face Mix (Edit)/Sasha's 4 Minute Edited Mix (4:08)

This is going to be an interesting one cause there were no US release (usually those are the start point for the digital singles) and also no US remixes CD-R/promo etc (just a promo with an edit of the song, this one: https://www.discogs.com/es/release/20803597-Madonna-Drowned-WorldSubstitute-For-Love).

So we'll see!

Oh well, fingers crossed for Drowned World EP this week then.

There’s no US EP track listing for them to default to.

I’d love it if they gave us the Edit of "Drowned World/Substitute for Love" (BT & Sasha's Ashram remix).

But that’s never going to happen. 

Or any more Drowned World mixes that didn’t make it on to the official sales chart releases on an expanded version of Ray of Light album.

I won’t be holding my breath for that happening either though 

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

Oh well, fingers crossed for Drowned World EP this week then.

There’s no US EP track listing for them to default to.

I’d love it if they gave us the Edit of "Drowned World/Substitute for Love" (BT & Sasha's Ashram remix).

But that’s never going to happen. 

Or any more Drowned World mixes that didn’t make it on to the official sales chart releases on an expanded version of Ray of Light album.

I won’t be holding my breath for that happening either though 

It seems we are not getting any new unreleased mix or Any promo only

I think that this is tracklist for Sky Fits Heaven section

1:Sasha Remix

2.Sasha Remix Edit

3.Victor Calderone Remix Edit

Here's a recap of everything official and promo that was released internationally under that single release:

- Drowned World/Substitute For Love (Album Version)

- Drowned World/Substitute For Love (BT And Sasha's Bucklodge Ashram Remix)

- Sky Fits Heaven (Sasha Remix Edit)

- Sky Fits Heaven (Sasha Remix)

- Sky Fits Heaven (Victor Calderone Remix Edit)

- Drowned World / Substitute For Love (BT & Sasha Bucklodge Ashram Remix Edit) Promo only

- Drowned World / Substitute For Love (Radio Edit) Promo only

The Australian CD1 and CD 2 had different names but I think they were the same remixes? Anyone can confirm?

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/2138927-Madonna-Drowned-World-Substitute-For-Love

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/2138944-Madonna-Drowned-World-Substitute-For-Love

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Here's a recap of everything official and promo that was released internationally under that single release:

- Drowned World / Substitute For Love (BT & Sasha Bucklodge Ashram Remix Edit) Promo only

The Australian CD1 and CD 2 had different names but I think they were the same remixes? Anyone can confirm?

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/2138927-Madonna-Drowned-World-Substitute-For-Love

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/2138944-Madonna-Drowned-World-Substitute-For-Love

Can't wait for the jacques lu cont thin white duke breakdown of the drowned world remix 

Also I think they are the same

1 hour ago, Frank said:

SKY FITS HEAVEN

Victor Calderone Anthem Mix lasts for 10:28

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

Yes I believe they are the same. 

I’m currently pessimistic about any of these releases, so I think this is what we're getting:

1. Drowned World/Substitute For Love

2. Drowned World/Substitute For Love (BT & Sasha's Bucklodge Ashram Remix)

3. Sky Fits Heaven (Sasha Remix Edit)

4. Sky Fits Heaven (Shasha Remix)

5. Sky Fits Heaven (Victor Calderone Remix Edit)

2 hours ago, MPowered said:

I’m currently pessimistic about any of these releases, so I think this is what we're getting:

1. Drowned World/Substitute For Love

2. Drowned World/Substitute For Love (BT & Sasha's Bucklodge Ashram Remix)

3. Sky Fits Heaven (Sasha Remix Edit)

4. Sky Fits Heaven (Shasha Remix)

5. Sky Fits Heaven (Victor Calderone Remix Edit)

Same!

34 minutes ago, Erotico said:

ok but the cd doesn't feat the remix edit... let's keep fingers crossed

The remix edit was never officially commissioned. It’s apparently a private mix and the source isn’t even lossless apparently.

The remix edit is the most unlikely mix.

These are more likely but I wouldn’t count on these actually making an appearance:

• Drowned World/Substitute For Love (Radio Edit)
  • Sky Fits Heaven (Victor Calderone Remix) [full length]

20 hours ago, Prayer said:

"TAB" remixes are a little bit boring, to be honest. But I don't know what else they could do with that song, maybe some kind of poppier remix production? Instead, they made it even more mellow...

We don't talk about "The Power" remixes. :Madonna009: (Wonder what happened there).

Honestly, an Orchestral version of TAB would have been amazing. Babyface's production hasn’t aged well.

I also think a Mariah/J.Lo-esque type of remix that featured a rapper and had a different melody, production and slightly different lyrics would have been interesting. They were all the rage back in the 90s and early 00s.

Maybe a remix with a bit of an Asian vibe could have been cool or a trip hop remix by Nellee Hooper.

I think Madonna wasn’t particularly passionate about it. It must have felt like a total resignation for her to follow a trend and not be the trend setter and being forced to release a ballad like this over Human Nature and/or Bedtime Story.

8 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Babyface's production hasn’t aged well.

What???? 

I also think a Mariah/J.Lo-esque type of remix that featured a rapper and had a different melody, production and slightly different lyrics would have been interesting. They were all the rage back in the 90s and early 00s.   

Ah.... hell no!

11 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Honestly, an Orchestral version of TAB would have been amazing. Babyface's production hasn’t aged well.

Maybe a remix with a bit of an Asian vibe could have been cool or a trip hop remix by Nellee Hooper.

I think Madonna wasn’t particularly passionate about it. It must have felt like a total resignation for her to follow a trend and not be the trend setter and being forced to release a ballad like this over Human Nature and/or Bedtime Story.

I agree. While the final product was good ("Take A Bow" and "Forbidden Love"), Madonna working with Babyface was damage control and her "playing the game" and being a good girl to the label and the audience, more than anything else. Plus she hasn't really gone back to the song since its release, except for some dates during the "Rebel Heart Tour".

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW