Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

15 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

Her team. Do they even know what they are doing?! 
Love Profusion is a compilation album by Various Artists on Spotify. 

I think they know by now since they don't release older singles as new albums anymore. 

Spotify is going to fire a lot of employees and that kind of technical issues will occur often. People are being replaced by automatic solutions like those miserable algorithms that put singles under compilations.

18 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I hope tomorrow when I wake up it's solved or Emily is going to hear my words

We need her to gain streams and also it looks messy as a compilation in my library just checked the Spotify link and saved it to my library to see how it looks and looks messy with the Various Artists tag

I don't believe Madonna's team has anything to do with this.  It's a platform issue.  Still, no one really cares about this.  Also, Love Profusion is hardly a track people will sought out to play, other than fans.  I know many fans will not care.  And no one is going to get canned over these silly technical mistakes.

55 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I don't believe Madonna's team has anything to do with this.  It's a platform issue.  Still, no one really cares about this.  Also, Love Profusion is hardly a track people will sought out to play, other than fans.  I know many fans will not care.  And no one is going to get canned over these silly technical mistakes.

This is true - interesting that it's the platform not the label that decides where something sits (singles/albums/compilations).  Although, surely the label can reach out and request it be corrected.

1 minute ago, Jackie said:

This is true - interesting that it's the platform not the label that decides where something sits (singles/albums/compilations).  Although, surely the label can reach out and request it be corrected.

But what's the difference between Don't tell me and Love Profusion? Both had lots of artists tagged and both had another song in it (Cyberraga and Nobody knows me). How come they went to different places?

28 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Same thought 

The difference is that one is a Madonna album and the other is "Various artists", and that's her team's fuck up, not Spotify I think. If it was a Madonna-only release, Spotify would probably put it under albums and then her team would move it to the correct place

27 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Someone please tag me when this issue is corrected

Can they even correct this without taking the whole EP down and re-uploading it? They have to change the "Album artist" entry of the release. I think @Jackieknows about this stuff. If they have to take it down and re-upload it, they probably won't...

1 minute ago, Fabiolous said:

Can they even correct this without taking the whole EP down and re-uploading it? They have to change the "Album artist" entry of the release. I think @Jackieknows about this stuff. If they have to take it down and re-upload it, they probably won't...

They can do this at midnight and put the new version in the users library

7 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

The difference is that one is a Madonna album and the other is "Various artists", and that's her team's fuck up, not Spotify I think. If it was a Madonna-only release, Spotify would probably put it under albums and then her team would move it to the correct place

Why would her team be responsible for how Spotify places streaming files?  Her team doesn't have access to Spotify.  In fact, it's probably the record company that submits the files to Spotify.  Anyway, it's not a big deal.  I'm sure this will be fixed before it goes completely live world-wide or shortly after.  We've had other songs placed incorrectly and they were fixed at some point, and didn't have to remove and re-upload. It's just a matter of indexing the files in the proper place on the site.

11 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Why would her team be responsible for how Spotify places streaming files?  Her team doesn't have access to Spotify.  In fact, it's probably the record company that submits the files to Spotify.  Anyway, it's not a big deal.  I'm sure this will be fixed before it goes completely live world-wide or shortly after.  We've had other songs placed incorrectly and they were fixed at some point, and didn't have to remove and re-upload. It's just a matter of indexing the files in the proper place on the site.

We've never had a release uploaded under the wrong artist name

12 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

We've never had a release uploaded under the wrong artist name

Again, it's not been released world-wide.  It's possible this will be properly placed by tomorrow.  Again, this has nothing to do with her team.  Spotify obviously goofed.  And I'm pretty sure this isn't uncommon for them with other artists, it's just as usual we as Madonna fans immediately magnify things before even things are officially released, only for it to be not such a big deal.  I'm sure this will be rectified once it's live world-wide.

5 hours ago, VictoriaL7 said:

Yes 👍 BUY IT. ENJOY IT.  

IMG_0897.thumb.jpeg.005356dd6da9c0fcd74873e1986d353d.jpegIMG_0898.thumb.jpeg.718471295a6c1af733ea2c191dc7719c.jpeg

My friend, I really need to go back here to tell you Love Profusion is listed on Apple Music as a compilation not because 4 Minutes is too, but because Apple needed to spot the newly added maxisingle to a place of visibity given they uploaded it to the original date (same reason why Nothing Fails and Don't Tell Me maxis are still listed as "albums," not as "singles"). I honestly, firmly believe when all missing maxis got available to streaming/digital download platforms, every single platform, even YouTube Music - the messier one by far - will fix and display the maxis as in their correct date and section. We need to remember they've come only since 3 years ago after years of unavailabity. They need to get some visibility in the platforms to people outside M forums get aware of them. After all, they're not being uploaded by chance nor because all of a sudden they're "repairing the longtime injustice" - but as to make some profit somehow, someway. C U!

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW