Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 minutes ago, McDonna said:

So um? Do I dare ask? What's wrong with what's available currently?  It has nearly all the remixes except the DUBS? How is this "horrible"?  Why would you want the core remixes to be removed completely?  I can see if you like to have the dubs  added, but why remove the whole thing? What's the point?  In the end, what is it really harming?

Junior extended remix,dubs are missing,some other vocal mixes are missing,it's embarrassing we have to use this sad excuse as a remix pack 

2 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Junior extended remix,dubs are missing,some other vocal mixes are missing,it's embarrassing we have to use this sad excuse as a remix pack 

I'm looking at the official commercial release of all the mixes for this song.  I only see two dubs and an Extended remix missing. While I agree it would be nice if they were added, I am not sure how this is "embarrassing" or why the whole thing should be removed?  How it's a "sad excuse" just because a couple of dubs and a mix is missing?  I just don't see the point in removing what's already up when you could hope one day they will add the few missing mixes instead?  At the end of the day, no one but a few hardcore fans even care!

14 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Currently I'm loving her catalog variety and how it is apart of some mess ups and some horrible EP's like Secret (Un-Remixes) EP which should be taken down forever and changed forever for some full ep's

lol They can’t. But they can release part 2. Vol 2 or whatever they wanna call it. Just like Medellin. IMG_1296.thumb.jpeg.1f7a3780b2dce19ccca1bb001d0f94b0.jpeg

Edited by VictoriaL7 (see edit history)

Landmark albums with Madonna are kind of funny really. The obvious ones are

• Like A Virgin
  • True Blue
  • Like A Prayer
  • Ray Of Light

I suppose Confessions would count as one but in reality Bedtime Stories was three times more successful in the US than Confessions with four highly rotated videos and her longest number 1 (7 weeks) a number 3 hit in Secret and two more top 50 billboard singles. Confessions just had hung up at number 7 and nothing else charted within the top 50. (Sorry at 58). So it really depends on what metric they are following. Some would really consider Bedtime a landmark album considering its huge commercial success after the Erotica debacle. Any other artist would consider it a landmark album, whereas most of us consider Erotica a huge landmark album. I suppose controversy, commercial success and critical acclaim have always been the three main pillars of what we consider a landmark album for Madonna. 

• Madonna
  • Erotica
  • Music
  • Confessions

are probably the next tier

• Bedtime Stories
  • American Life
  • Hand Candy

are next and the iIterscope albums at the bottom of the pile which is kinda sad really. Just shows leaving Warner threw her off a commercial cliff. 

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

Landmark albums with Madonna are kind of funny really. The obvious ones are

• Like A Virgin
  • True Blue
  • Like A Prayer
  • Ray Of Light

I suppose Confessions would count as one but in reality Bedtime Stories was three times more successful in the US than Confessions with four highly rotated videos and her longest number 1 (7 weeks) a number 3 hit in Secret and two more top 50 billboard singles. Confessions just had hung up at number 7 and nothing else charted within the top 50. (Sorry at 58). So it really depends on what metric they are following. Some would really consider Bedtime a landmark album considering its huge commercial success after the Erotica debacle. Any other artist would consider it a landmark album, whereas most of us consider Erotica a huge landmark album. I suppose controversy, commercial success and critical acclaim have always been the three main pillars of what we consider a landmark album for Madonna. 

• Madonna
  • Erotica
  • Music
  • Confessions

are probably the next tier

• Bedtime Stories
  • American Life
  • Hand Candy

are next and the iIterscope albums at the bottom of the pile which is kinda sad really. Just shows leaving Warner threw her off a commercial cliff. 

Unfortunately, I agree here.  Though, I'm sure when they are considering what's "landmark", it's about the popularity and success of these album world-wide rather just the U.S. 

Then there is the thought that LAV and Debut album are being package together in a Deluxe version.  I know someone posted about it sometime back, but of course, it's probably not true!

6 minutes ago, club78boy said:

I lost track here with all the back and forth. What's next on the release schedule? if we even know...

Nothing official. Just a lot of speculation based on copyrights being tagged to certain songs and anniversary dates! Angel, maybe?  Let's let it be a surprise....

madonna-madonna-ciccone.gif

9 minutes ago, club78boy said:

I was pretty happy with I'll Remember and looking forward to more releases!

They're coming.  They're just sporadic.  I prefer the surprise element to what is coming next.  And like you I was so happy with the I'LL REMEMBER release too.  In fact, I just enjoy the fact her songs are being added to digital and streaming platforms. :party: 

Me also, I'm enjoying it all really. :D

What I am excited for is to have all the hard to get single versions and the 90s maxi remixes.

I'm excited now to get Dress You Up, Causing A Commotion and Cherish most.

Also excited to soon have all the 7" versions of The Immaculate Collection so I can listen to it like that.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW