Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

While, I personally would love every promo mix on digital (not so so worried about the edits - but actual remixes) - I'm not phased as these are widely available to d/l anyway.

So let's not get too hung up on what is or is not included and be happy that some of it is being released - if you look at other artists, it's a mess and hit and miss - so we are so lucky that her team and her are doing this for let's face it - the fans.

1 minute ago, MPowered said:

We've heard you the first time, Missy!

Once again, this thread is an anticipation thread for DIGITAL RE-ISSUES OF HER SINGLES CATALOGUE. Many of these had vinyl or promo only mixes included. Our theories are not entirely unfounded based on previous instances.

If you don’t care about that, please please please take yourself out of this thread instead of constantly shaming us for collecting or caring about these things. You are literally being extremely repetitive at this point. There is actually quite a large group of people on here that are collectors and many of us don’t have the money to buy rare and elusive promo releases or in-house reference CDs.

Having these OFFICIALLY released version that were only pressed on analogue and lossy sources (vinyl or cassette) in digital form (and available as download) is a dream come true for many of us. 

It's literally so so annoying for you to always come in here and rain on our parade. So what if we're disappointed occasionally? The anticipation and speculation is the most fun part anyway. I really don’t understand what your goal in this thread is other than to annoy us and make yourself look superior to us.

Also I think that the reason why I am so hyped is because the public copyright hinted a vinyl mix we don't even know if was mislabeled 

If it was me snooping through a private database and finding the lost and having one removed I wouldn't be angry because it's not my business but look basically they put the vinyl mix on public copyright watch now better give it to the fans

1 minute ago, Jackie said:

While, I personally would love every promo mix on digital (not so so worried about the edits - but actual remixes) - I'm not phased as these are widely available to d/l anyway.

So let's not get too hung up on what is or is not included and be happy that some of it is being released - if you look at other artists, it's a mess and hit and miss - so we are so lucky that her team and her are doing this for let's face it - the fans.

Indeed but the inconsistency and lack of transparency regarding these releases is so annoying. I'd rather they take their time to carefully curate these collections and give us all versions.

They have done that for J.Lo, Kylie and Janet occasionally. It’s annoying that Madonna's team is seemingly clueless about her back catalogue or keeps putting people in charge that are not knowledgeable and lazy.

Just now, Would You Like To Try said:

Also I think that the reason why I am so hyped is because the public copyright hinted a vinyl mix we don't even know if was mislabeled 

If it was me snooping through a private database and finding the lost and having one removed I wouldn't be angry because it's not my business but look basically they put the vinyl mix on public copyright watch now better give it to the fans

It’s very very likely that we're getting it. All the later releases of the Bedtime Stories, Something To Remember and Erotica eras had either the promo only or much of the 12" vinyl tracklists released.

We've gotten the FULL 12" REMIX EP of Rain including Fever (Edit Two), we've gotten all available versions of You'll See (including the b-side) and the list goes on. That period of Madonna's catalogue seems to be available to them.

16 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Indeed but the inconsistency and lack of transparency regarding these releases is so annoying. I'd rather they take their time to carefully curate these collections and give us all versions.

They have done that for J.Lo, Kylie and Janet occasionally. It’s annoying that Madonna's team is seemingly clueless about her back catalogue or keeps putting people in charge that are not knowledgeable and lazy.

But, you need to remember, it's Madonna that signs off on every thing that get's released - she has the final say - we don't know what's presented to her and we cannot make assumptions. 

There is no lack of transparency, it's her catalogue.  She can release whatever she wants.

5 minutes ago, Jackie said:

But, you need to remember, it's Madonna that signs off on every thing that get's released - she has the final say - we don't know what's presented to her and we cannot make assumptions. 

There is no lack of transparency, it's her catalogue.  She can release whatever she wants.

They should stop letting her sign lol if we are getting these half releases

36 minutes ago, Jackie said:

14 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Perfectly said.  I just don't see the point in getting worked up over something that never was promised to us, nor really was available commercially in the first place.  I for one appreciate whatever is uploaded and I certainly welcome all conversations about it, whether I agree or not.  In this case, it's fun to talk about what could be, but as well as our different perspective on it all.  Like you said, it's HER catalog. She can release whatever she pleases, and i do feel like much of her catalog is greatly represented on digital and streaming platforms compared to most other artists.  :party:

3 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Perfectly said.  I just don't see the point in getting worked up over something that never was promised to us, nor really was available commercially in the first place.  I for one appreciate whatever is uploaded and I certainly welcome all conversations about it, whether I agree or not.  In this case, it's fun to talk about what could be, but as well as our different perspective on it all.  Like you said, it's HER catalog. She can release whatever she pleases, and i do feel like much of her catalog is greatly represented on digital and streaming platforms compared to most other artists.  :party:

Well the vinyl mixes were commercialy available just not on digital

3 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Well the vinyl mixes were commercialy available just not on digital

It all depends on what mixes you are referring to.  And like I've said, I'm not opposed to any of this being available on streaming and digital platforms. I just don't expect it will be as perfect as I would like, nor am I bothered that not every mix or edit is available on these platforms. And as @Jackiestated, most of these are easily found on the net!  :)

7 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

That if someone asks him by social media that if he can release the vinyl only mixes on digital by download privately to the user

You do know that he's most likely legally permitted from doing so?  As much as I understand some fans wanting these rare mixes, but once any producer gets in bed with Madonna musically, they are most likely legally bonded to not release anything without her say-so.  I prefer this because if not, that means anyone of her collaborators could start releasing unfinished songs or songs that she isn't happy with, nor wanted anyone to hear.  As much as we love to hear some songs we know exist from the past, that never gotten released, we have to respect Madonna's wishes.  There's a great chance that some songs that she's recorded and vaulted, won't ever be heard until she passes, and only then if her Estate is willing to release it.  Warners will definitely have a say, depending on the legalities of certain songs as well. 

6 minutes ago, McDonna said:

You do know that he's most likely legally permitted from doing so?  As much as I understand some fans wanting these rare mixes, but once any producer gets in bed with Madonna musically, they are most likely legally bonded to not release anything without her say-so.  I prefer this because if not, that means anyone of her collaborators could start releasing unfinished songs or songs that she isn't happy with, nor wanted anyone to hear.  As much as we love to hear some songs we know exist from the past, that never gotten released, we have to respect Madonna's wishes.  There's a great chance that some songs that she's recorded and vaulted, won't ever be heard until she passes, and only then if her Estate is willing to release it.  Warners will definitely have a say, depending on the legalities of certain songs as well. 

Patrick Leonard released some rare mixes in acceptable quality in YouTube and he was a album producer in both her time and in those leaks,in case William was also a album producer but has no real involvement in the tracks production! 

8 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Patrick Leonard released some rare mixes in acceptable quality in YouTube and he was a album producer in both her time and in those leaks,in case William was also a album producer but has no real involvement in the tracks production! 

Yes because he was trying to counter the auction that was happening at the time to devalue the price people would ask for them.  My guess Madonna approved it before he did so, knowing if he didn't do it, it would eventually have ended up being on the internet unofficially.  Also, let's remember he had intentions in building on that, by releasing an album based on new interpretations of the songs they worked on, but we all saw that quickly squashed and oddly, he hasn't been so active on social media since.

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

Do you really believe that?

I really doubt Madonna specifically double-checks every tracklist of every re-issue and SPECIFICALLY decides to leave out Momo's Fantasy from the Deeper And Deeper EP but instead pushes for the wrong edit of Borderline to be uploaded. 💀😂

She is probably not THAT involved. She gives the go for a re-issue, sure. She most likely doesn’t curate the actual tracklist herself. She doesn’t have time for that.

On 3/14/2023 at 12:26 AM, MPowered said:

OFFICIAL / PROMO MIXES OMITTED FROM RE-ISSUE

GAMBLER

All tracks released on re-issue.

JUSTIFY MY LOVE

Justify My Love - Q-Sound Edit (4:34)

RESCUE ME

Rescue Me - Lifeboat Dub (6:01)
Rescue Me - Houseboat Dub (5:24)
Rescue Me - Disaster Dub (3:21)

Local Versions:
Rescue Me - Houseboat Mix Edit (6:15) [UK]

B-Sides:
Spotlight - Fade (6:16) [UK]

YOU'LL SEE

LOVE DON'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE

Love Don't Live Here Anymore - Soulpower Radio Remix Edit [Short] (3:13) [Promo]
Love Don't Live Here Anymore - Extended Journey (8:01) [Promo]
Love Don't Live Here Anymore - Hot Mix Edit (6:43) [Promo]
Love Don't Live Here Anymore - Hot Mix w/ True:129 Edit (4:38) [Promo]
Love Don't Live Here Anymore - Early Morning Dub (10:00) [Promo]
Love Don't Live Here Anymore - Edge Factor Dub (8:28) [Promo]
Love Don't Live Here Anymore - Mark!s Full On Vocal (10:04) [Promo]
Love Don't Live Here Anymore - Mark!s It's A Girl Dub (8:03) [Promo]
Love Don't Live Here Anymore - Mark!s It's A Boy Dub (9:37) [Promo]

DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA

BEAUTIFUL STRANGER

AMERICAN PIE

American Pie - Victor Calderone Radio Edit (4:10) [Promo]

After the early bunch of single re-issues (incl. JML & RM) pretty much EVERY non-album single has had every officially released version included in the tracklist (that includes the versions released exclusively on vinyl).

The promo only versions and edits are always less likely to appear but the Orbit Alternative and Guerilla Groove Mix both appeared on several commercial releases in the US and Europe.

They are definitely coming, especially if the YT copyright system recognizes it NOW (which it seemingly didn’t before).

1 minute ago, MPowered said:

After the early bunch of single re-issues (incl. JML & RM) pretty much EVERY non-album single has had every officially released version included in the tracklist (that includes the versions released exclusively on vinyl).

The promo only versions and edits are always less likely to appear but the Orbit Alternative and Guerilla Groove Mix both appeared on several commercial releases in the US and Europe.

They are definitely coming, especially if the YT copyright system recognizes it NOW (which it seemingly didn’t before).

But the new database I think system Bertrand told gives us all the copyrighted versions and one of them is mislabeled! Hopefully it's just a error and we get them but I stop believing a bit of it

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW