Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW

New_Boy

47 minutes ago, planetbenjamin said:

"Who's That Girl" was released as single in the UK on July 6, 1987. I always thought the US got it on July 7. Wikipedia might have the wrong date (or I might have the wrong date).

I distinctly remember it was the end of June when that song was released in the U.S.  The song debuted the following week (of July 11th) on Billboard 100 at 43.  My guess; that the digital release is happening this coming week to coincide to both U.S and UK release which was nearly a week apart.  Here's the Billboard Chart link for that week:

https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100/1987-07-11/

2 minutes ago, Donna said:

I distinctly remember it was the end of June when that song was released in the U.S.  The song debuted the following week (of July 11th) on Billboard 100 at 43.  Here's the Billboard Chart link for that week:

https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100/1987-07-11/

You distinctly remember? How old are you???!? 😂🤔

2 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

One was widely released but the other one was a US promo only mix so I doubt it, I have seen people who want it everywhere but I doubt it 

I was the remix/edit, but as it was promo only track, I agree they won’t give it it to us

If I was Warner I would release a second remix compilation. It would be the perfect home for the remix / edit of Dress You Up. 

A compilation of single length mixes has got to have been good for Madonna’s streaming stats. There’s a lot of great remixes that aren’t readily available (outside of fan uploads on YouTube) in a single length edit that they could compile. 

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

16 hours ago, AceOfMadonna said:

I use an app called Doppler that allows you to upload your own files (mp3, flac etc). You can also change the metadata or covers of the file. 

Thank you for the recommendation. Downloading it now to give it a try :)

17 hours ago, anjoel said:

If you have a YouTube account (which is free to setup), you can use YouTube Music and upload up to 100,000 songs for free to listen to on the app.

Thank you for the recommendation. I’ve got a YouTube account and I’m downloading the YouTube Music app to give it a try 

7 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

None except Who's That Girl is confirmed but they are probably coming considering they have been releasing the singles of both albums since this year (Keep It Together, Material Girl, Angel)

Well of course!  As I've said before, I don't take it too seriously if they don't come.  Still, we've been sitting and wating three weeks now, thinking WTG was coming and it yet has to come.  We can hope it will happen this coming week!!  :party:

On 6/29/2024 at 2:00 PM, Would You Like To Try said:

One was widely released but the other one was a US promo only mix so I doubt it, I have seen people who want it everywhere but I doubt it 

Other remixes that were previously promo only have been released to streaming recently, right? (I.e. “Love Don’t Live Here Anymore” & “I’ll Remember”)

8 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

Other remixes that were previously promo only have been released to streaming recently, right? (I.e. “Love Don’t Live Here Anymore” & “I’ll Remember”)

I'll remember was commercial! Also it doesn't belong to any album in specific and Dress You Up does belong to a album and has a US exclusive promo mix edit so I doubt it