Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 hours ago, Arckangel said:

If they want people to stream it and listen to it legally, putting it on the EP would be a smart move.

9 hours ago, club78boy said:

Actually, the commercial release of Dress You Up in Canada did include the remix/edit - untitled. I own a copy and can confirm.

Thanks for confirming it! I really wasn’t aware it ever appeared on any commercial release. That makes it a bit more likely to appear on the single, thankfully!

17 hours ago, Adonna said:

Well of course!  As I've said before, I don't take it too seriously if they don't come.  Still, we've been sitting and wating three weeks now, thinking WTG was coming and it yet has to come.  We can hope it will happen this coming week!!  :party:

Was 'Who's That Girl' sort of confirmed for 12 July?

1 hour ago, JustinTimes said:

I have no idea what is going on in here, everyone seems to be talking about different things. It's really annoying going on about things that hasn't been confirmed. 

Exactly everyone has a hard on for songs we already have for decades just because they want to listen to them on their precious phones 🙄 never mind there are other ways to consume music 😂

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

Exactly everyone has a hard on for songs we already have for decades just because they want to listen to them on their precious phones 🙄 never mind there are other ways to consume music 😂

I think for a lot of people they want the official versions to play which streaming brings. All the illegal downloads of the mixes or even CD rips don't count towards her stats so it feels more like giving her the dues for those songs rather than the major desire for it to be on streaming. 

4 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

Was 'Who's That Girl' sort of confirmed for 12 July?

Nothing was confirmed by anyone officially.  People are speculating based on the song being copyrighted and some website like Popjustice says it might happen.  But I am not sure the latter actually happened.  Not to say this won't get a digital/streaming release, but no one 'Official" are actually confirming these releases ahead of time. 

1 hour ago, pjackson3 said:

I think for a lot of people they want the official versions to play which streaming brings. All the illegal downloads of the mixes or even CD rips don't count towards her stats so it feels more like giving her the dues for those songs rather than the major desire for it to be on streaming. 

Yet, they still won't stream them and then complain her streaming numbers are down.  Anyway, I consume my music in many different ways.  I'm all for all options being available.  But at the same time, I don't feel like every single "edit" or "fade"  or mix needs to always go up.  I think some of the rare physical items such as Vinyl mixes should remain "exclusive" to that format.  It's an incentive to those who collect her or want things on Vinyl, etc.

Can we just stick to facts, I saw tracklisting for Who's That Girl and Dress You Up and thought they were coming, but no. Just made up and speculation by people on here. I can't seem to enjoy the last release on streaming because the next day someone on here is talking about what's next. Just breathe, people.

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Being angry at or mocking fans for wanting all the old singles on streaming would be the equivalent of being angry in the mid 90s when the original 80s singles were reissued on CD (the Yellow singles). "But I already got them on vinyl!". AND?

What's the point in complaining about that? The more accessible her material is, for old and new generations, the better, right? And streaming is the most accessible format now.

No one is asking for all the old vinyls, cassettes and CDs to BURN in hell, let's also keep them, thank you very much.

Honestly my patience with that users persistent negativity is wearing thin. It's almost like begging for attention. They sure as hell spend a long time in the Singles Reissue thread moaning about the Reissued Singles.

Make it make sense?

1645615408_Screenshot2024-07-01at16_39_33.png.f5966257aaf619f621fd2c94d6fde7fe.png

Just had a search on Youtube for ‘Who’s That Girl remix edit’ to see what came up. I presume all fan made edits 

3:23 

4:41

3:14

And finally this with no intro ‘wind’ synth sound at all, which I quite like as an alternative option(!)

Fans always fill in these discography gaps, like lack of an official remix edit :) 

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

45 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

Just had a search on Youtube for ‘Who’s That Girl remix edit’ to see what came up. I presume all fan made edits 

3:23 

4:41

3:14

And finally this with no intro ‘wind’ synth sound at all, which I quite like as an alternative option(!)

Fans always fill in these discography gaps, like lack of an official remix edit :) 

You can find another one here:

12 hours ago, Prayer said:

Being angry at or mocking fans for wanting all the old singles on streaming would be the equivalent of being angry in the mid 90s when the original 80s singles were reissued on CD (the Yellow singles). "But I already got them on vinyl!". AND?

What's the point in complaining about that? The more accessible her material is, for old and new generations, the better, right? And streaming is the most accessible format now.

No one is asking for all the old vinyls, cassettes and CDs to BURN in hell, let's also keep them, thank you very much.

Every exclusive will be out so  we all can get it and enjoy it equally. NO ONE WILL BE SPECIAL. ……..