MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

On 2/18/2022 at 8:40 AM, Prayer said:

While some people complain and cry about everything, let's remember the real important stuff:

She's getting her best results EVER on Spotify, thanks to the two TikTok trends with the "Frozen" remix and "Material Girl". But keep complaining about a 2019 interview and how she's not relevant enough anymore. I'm sure you'll be complaining too as soon as the first reissue is announced: it'll be about the tracklist, or the cover or how your favorite demo is not included. Or how the "Like A Prayer" box set doesn't smell of patchouli. Anything.

You're welcome.

oh stuff it

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Meanwhile Madonna has finally reached 19 million monthly listeners and has entered the top 200 most streamed artists list for the first time in a long time. And she doesn't even have new material out!

She went from 17 millions to 19 in just a few days, and there's no telling how fast she'll continue to grow from here on. She might even enter the top 100! Her team is doing God's work

Let's see when she releases a new original song. I think viral songs like Frozen can help give her and her team a way to perfect how to give her another hit without worrying. If this enters the hot 100 hopefully it'll give them the confidence boost. Even my sister and brother who is a Madonna hater have been raving about the remix. I dont even talk to them about her so them bringing it up to me has been a pleasant shock.

15 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Let's see when she releases a new original song. I think viral songs like Frozen can help give her and her team a way to perfect how to give her another hit without worrying. If this enters the hot 100 hopefully it'll give them the confidence boost. Even my sister and brother who is a Madonna hater have been raving about the remix. I dont even talk to them about her so them bringing it up to me has been a pleasant shock.

They're playing their cards 100% right with the "Frozen" and "Material Girl" trends. I don't know if it's Warner, her new press team, herself of all of them together, but this would have been impossible, let's say, two years ago. They didn't seem to care of the world and what was happening with her music. Now they do, so the future looks good.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

They're playing their cards 100% right with the "Frozen" and "Material Girl" trends. I don't know if it's Warner, her new press team, herself of all of them together, but this would have been impossible, let's say, two years ago. They didn't seem to care of the world and what was happening with her music. Now they do, so the future looks good.

It such a shame they had to wait until her brand and image were this damaged to start managing her properly. It's very uphill from here.

2 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

It such a shame they had to wait until her brand and image were this damaged to start managing her properly. It's very uphill from here.

Its a complicated issue that was hard to catch up on. Madonna was fairly late on social media. While other celebs had it she didnt get an insta until almost 2013. It wasnt until about a year or two ago it became curated. 

1 minute ago, wtg1987 said:

She has a long way to go then …. I think at this point it will take more than a tik tok to get her in the top 100 and seeing as she is the biggest selling female why isn’t she so much higher anyway ? 

Because old fans dont stream. Once they buy the CD thats it. Younger people don't have an incentive to stream if they dont know the music. There's a reason why Frozen became popular so fast on spotify. A couple of years ago Material Girl got a boost from Stranger Things. She really needs to let her music be used more. Whether the biopic is a critical flop or not you're going to see her streams go up because even if they don't wanna buy a ticket, the curiosity will be there and they can check her music out for "free". While reaction videos on youtube are very contrived at this point, when they were at the starting point many young people were genuinely impressed and shocked how good her music and videos are. Just gotta help exposing.

11 minutes ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

It really is encouraging to see her get such a boost on her Spotify, I just hope that this will last until she drops another major project.

It won't if they dont keep up the momentum. She also needs to be more out there in terms of music. What would be REALLY cool is if she did weekly or bi weekly or hell maybe even monthly videos on youtube talking about her music. Also...why hasnt she done a Vogue or Allure video? Gaga Kylie and Cher have done videos for Vogue about past looks, Janet has done one for Allure on MV fashion. So many little things she can do. Before record day she could EASILY do a 10 minute video talking about Whos that Girl and its creation before plugging it's sale. 

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

What would be REALLY cool is if she did weekly or bi weekly or hell maybe even monthly videos on youtube talking about her music. Also...why hasnt she done a Vogue or Allure video? Gaga Kylie and Cher have done videos for Vogue about past looks, Janet has done one for Allure on MV fashion. So many little things she can do.

I would love if she did something like that. Vogue is such a great tool for exposure and Madonna is a fashion icon. Now its actually really got me wondering why she has not been on there. I have seen the ones with Cher and Elton recently.

20 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Because old fans dont stream. Once they buy the CD thats it. Younger people don't have an incentive to stream if they dont know the music. There's a reason why Frozen became popular so fast on spotify. A couple of years ago Material Girl got a boost from Stranger Things. She really needs to let her music be used more. Whether the biopic is a critical flop or not you're going to see her streams go up because even if they don't wanna buy a ticket, the curiosity will be there and they can check her music out for "free". While reaction videos on youtube are very contrived at this point, when they were at the starting point many young people were genuinely impressed and shocked how good her music and videos are. Just gotta help exposing.

Now why cant Madonna have someone like you running her team?

3 minutes ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

I would love if she did something like that. Vogue is such a great tool for exposure and Madonna is a fashion icon. If actual fans with good ideas were running her team and we would be getting much more than SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON every day.

I do think they are saving good stuff prior to the biopic. She also needs to do TV stuff. Something like Project Runway or something connected to fashion/art/music and before anyone says ITS BENEATH HER...these are different times. Positive exposure is positive exposure.

1 minute ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

Now why cant Madonna have someone like you running her team?

Don't even get me started...ive been trying to get their attention with my album/single art designs but alas...i guess she will only let that specific fan design for her lol

Her team at Warner definitely knows what they're doing.

Material Girl and Frozen are helping her to enter into the Top 200 most listened artists. And once the Remixes album comes out with the rumored feats from Katy Perry and Doja Cat, her numbers will continue to grow up (even if it's just from curiosity by pop fans).

it's like there’s finally an strategy.

2 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Seeing as some fans are obsessed with the relevance of streaming numbers - how does she stack up against her contemporaries like Prince , MJ , Mariah and Janet then ? I don’t see how these would affect the still unannounced first re-issue though …

Its interesting Madonna is in the top 200 while Cyndi is in top 400 yet Cyndi's songs have more individual streams but I'm gonna say its because Madonna has a more diverse catalog with more hits.

11 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Seeing as some fans are obsessed with the relevance of streaming numbers - how does she stack up against her contemporaries like Prince , MJ , Mariah and Janet then ? I don’t see how these would affect the still unannounced first re-issue though …

I'm looking at Janet and it doesnt say so I'm going to assume shes not even in the top 500 of streamed artists neither does Prince. Michael is in top 100 at 90, Mariah is 263. So out of the legends MJ and Madonna are the top two followed by Mariah and Cyndi. Just to also show...Lady Gaga is at 40 while Katy is at 26.