MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

SHOCKED BY THE SPOILER FOR 'FROZEN' ?? VIADOOOOOO! THE QUEEN WILL DELIVER A LOT!!!!

WE ARE DEAD

google translate from Portuguese, this may be wrong 

What visuals are we going to get? I feel like it is going to be the Frozen music video mixed with new visuals Madonna filmed.

What are peoples thoughts on the artwork for the upcoming physical special editions. 
All her interscope albums had special edition artworks and we also got a new True Blue 35 cover. 
Prince, Phil Collins, George Michael all changed some of their artworks for the special edition. 

How would we feel if the original albums ALL had different artworks for the physicals?

I definitely think that this will happen. Collectors will want to purchase albums with new artwork.

I just hope Aldo Diaz is on holiday when the call comes in. 

It’s Madonna. She’ll want to bring something fresh. 

I love the ROL and MUSIC album covers, but I'd be honestly so curious to see different covers for these albums! Unlike most of the artists who only put a generic photo as album cover, M is also a visual artist, so a different cover would still reflect the album perfectly imo, especially those with very iconic photo shoots such as Music ^^

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

What are peoples thoughts on the artwork for the upcoming physical special editions. 
All her interscope albums had special edition artworks and we also got a new True Blue 35 cover. 
Prince, Phil Collins, George Michael all changed some of their artworks for the special edition. 

How would we feel if the original albums ALL had different artworks for the physicals?

I definitely think that this will happen. Collectors will want to purchase albums with new artwork.

Her covers are so iconic I can’t really imagine the albums with alternate images. For example TB 35 used a beautiful image but it’s no match for the original. 
Maybe they can package them in a box that’s using alternate artwork but not the albums themselves. 
Also I’m a bit concerned about the artwork for 12”s. I’m hoping these releases will be flawless and Rhino has not done a great job with the covers so far…

2 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I mean her album artwork is as iconic as her music imo, if it was changed for a special edition i don't know how i'd feel about it

I am down for it as long as it is better than the Like a Prayer 30 cover.  That was blasphemy.  I do think that any alternate covers should be photos from the appropriate era as with True Blue 35.

6 hours ago, steady75 said:

Oh you just KNOW he's gotten the job already. I think what makes her album covers gorgeous is that they are simple captured images. Too many effects age badly etc. Look at her first three album covers. They're just perfect. I would be interested in image variants though but nothing with crazy effects or tacky gradients or color changes like that True Blue one. A gorgeous image ruined.

26 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

I don’t care about differing artwork. 

the only important thing to me is the music. U released stuff. Proper remasters. The end. 

Madonna's album art is definitely beautiful.  I would not mind a different cover for the new releases but the concept should be attached to the original project just as in the case with True Blue 35.  

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Oh you just KNOW he's gotten the job already. I think what makes her album covers gorgeous is that they are simple captured images. Too many effects age badly etc. Look at her first three album covers. They're just perfect. I would be interested in image variants though but nothing with crazy effects or tacky gradients or color changes like that True Blue one. A gorgeous image ruined.

I love the True Blue 35 cover, especially when you hold it up next to the Like a Prayer 30 cover.  Haha

It shouldn’t be done by an in-house label designer. Get in touch with the original designer, or hire a professional designer to create something that’s slightly different.

I like the approach of what the Prince estate does.

I even wouldn’t even mind if an alternate unused cover option from the original designers were used too.

7 minutes ago, deathproof said:

It shouldn’t be done by an in-house label designer. Get in touch with the original designer, or hire a professional designer to create something that’s slightly different.

I like the approach of what the Prince estate does.

I even wouldn’t even mind if an alternate unused cover option from the original designers were used too.

The Prince estates work has been very impressive, infinitely beyond anything I have anyone else doing as far as album reissues. That 1999 reissue is the gold standard of what a perfect reissue should look like, Madonna's team should watch and learn. Reissues are not meant to feel like something totally new, rather they are an expansion and celebration of classic material which is why I am against a total overhaul of the original album cover. 

2 hours ago, DaddyZ said:

I don’t care about differing artwork. 

the only important thing to me is the music. U released stuff. Proper remasters. The end. 

You might not care. But visuals are a very intricate part of her legacy and a very important aspect of her releases. 

30 minutes ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

The Prince estates work has been very impressive, infinitely beyond anything I have anyone else doing as far as album reissues. That 1999 reissue is the gold standard of what a perfect reissue should look like, Madonna's team should watch and learn. Reissues are not meant to feel like something totally new, rather they are an expansion and celebration of classic material which is why I am against a total overhaul of the original album cover. 

Ugh I would kill for a 10 vinyl reissue of any of Madonna’s albums

17 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

You might not care. But visuals are a very intricate part of her legacy and a very important aspect of her releases. 

I never said they weren’t. But let’s get real, only a few hardcore fanatics will buy these reissues. The main art work is what is engrained into the fabric of music history. ??‍♂️