MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think whats most irritating about all this is how her legacy depends on an app like TikTok now ? The releases so far announced are just scraps imo and not what we were expecting as per August 2021 announcement. I know shes busy working on the biopic and this odd remix collection but i would rather warner hadnt made the announcement now last year considering there have been NO updates since which just seems ridiculous to me ???

38 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I think whats most irritating about all this is how her legacy depends on an app like TikTok now ? The releases so far announced are just scraps imo and not what we were expecting as per August 2021 announcement. I know shes busy working on the biopic and this odd remix collection but i would rather warner hadnt made the announcement now last year considering there have been NO updates since which just seems ridiculous to me ???

Anyone starting out in music now depends on tik tok it’s not like she’s alone. There are record company marketing teams who make artists career decisions and whole campaigns based on the success of going viral on tik tok. It’s madness but it’s what it is. TV is useless now and awards shows largely redundant. It’s festivals and tik tok that generate the biggest sales bumps annually. 

8 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I think they’re just focused on staying omni present. She used to release every 2.5 yrs and it’s been more like double that in the last 15 years so the prolonged tease has been a way to fill the voids. I think now the rerelease campaign is getting underway and the biopic is incoming they can lay off the “promise I’m still an active artist” routine.

Social media content has replaced what used to be a music video and new single every two months. Which is sad but she’s in the fortieth  year of her career. 

Id love a random single or EP every six months rather than four yearly campaign gaps. 

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

Her legacy doesn’t depend on anything. 
Her success with young audiences depends on TikTok just like it depended on MTV back in the day…

27 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Her legacy doesn’t depend on anything. 
Her success with young audiences depends on TikTok just like it depended on MTV back in the day…

Wait, you got a point there. I like that.

If anything, TikTok is a way for the new generation to slowly go into Madonna's vast discography and see what she has been delivering. Wait until the get to her songs like Sorry, Hung Up, What It Feels Like For A Girl, Iconic or Like a Prayer, have a complete meltdown then use it for their TikToks.

I know Madonna is glad that her songs are getting the recognition it deserves and we are glad too.

Ok as long as tiktok is so wonderful then I will wait another 10 years then for an announcement - I don’t recall the announcement last year mentioning tiktok or tweens - just fans that have been waiting a long time ? Surely that’s whom these are aimed at ? As I said many times before why would tiktok generation fickle cell phone morons be interested in music from 30 years ago ?? The demographic is just not for them sorry if that’s hard for people to swallow on here ?

14 minutes ago, steady75 said:

They said 2022.

It's February 16th.

They announced a new 12" re-issue yesterday in a new design of your favourite era

There is a new 50+ remix on it's way which would never have happened without the Warner deal

New remix of Frozen by Swae Lee 

Hints of a Katy Perry duet

Honey Dijon is in the mix somewhere 

A biopic is being released

They're auditioning actresses

is the "soon" overseas annoying ? Yes.

Have we been getting more historical stuff than ever before from her team in the last couple of years? Yes.

The most famous woman in the world simply does not cater to middle aged queens only. The objective is to get her streaming numbers up and generate revenue as older people don't stream and playing albums they bought 30 years ago on physicals does not pay the mortgage. 

Did pensioner Elvis fans only by the Junkie XL mis of " a little less conversation" and get it to number 1?

Kids can't tune in to Top Of The Pops, TRL, Saturday Morning TV shows, Americas Number 1's, The Chart Show etc anymore. 

New Music Friday, Release Radar, Whats trending and Tik Tok are the replacements. Is it shit? Yes a bit but the hang wringing feels misplaced. 

There are still 46 weeks of a 52 week year left for all your dreams to come true.

oh and I never have trouble swallowing, 

She's on fire today, your honour... kill 'em all....

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

As I said many times before why would tiktok generation fickle cell phone morons be interested in music from 30 years ago ?? The demographic is just not for them sorry if that’s hard for people to swallow on here ?

You know I think it is different now, maybe due to streaming. You see older songs resurfacing on the chart all the time. 

I only listened to current music when I was a teenager but my niece and nephew, and their friends, listen to all sorts beside current music. Mostly 80s/90s  but even some 50s and 60s. 

Rather than being controlled by the record companies, all the different eras are now laid out for kids to discover for themselves. Things are slowly changing and evolving and they're making the most of it. Meaning the traditional expectations are no longer necessarily true. 

4 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Completely agree with you,  i had massive hopes for Prince like box sets full of gems.   It was 'AUGUST' her birthday to be precise which announced massive releases and stated with the first coming soon..  It's all really depressing we talk about crap like tick tok.  I want massive box sets for the hard core fans..   I really don't want loads of remixes done either with other artists.   I want a Madonna box set first with the unreleased gems..  the unreleased original demos...   I want to relive the experience of her first album..   It may all be coming BUT...

FOR Fucks sake when are they going to tell us...   August was 7 Months ago :(

1 hour ago, The Ghost said:

Completely agree with you,  i had massive hopes for Prince like box sets full of gems.   It was 'AUGUST' her birthday to be precise which announced massive releases and stated with the first coming soon..  It's all really depressing we talk about crap like tick tok.  I want massive box sets for the hard core fans..   I really don't want loads of remixes done either with other artists.   I want a Madonna box set first with the unreleased gems..  the unreleased original demos...   I want to relive the experience of her first album..   It may all be coming BUT...

FOR Fucks sake when are they going to tell us...   August was 7 Months ago :(

At least someone agrees with me then so thank you ... cant help it if i crave unreleased madonna songs in nice box sets - shoot me then !  

2 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

At least someone agrees with me then so thank you ... cant help it if i crave unreleased madonna songs in nice box sets - shoot me then !  

It's true that we didn't get anything yet but gurl, we have the whole year ahead still, we WILL get all of that! And meanwhile we have something entertaining happening, I can't wait either but at least I cheer myself up knowing we'll get everything we want and more :eyes:

It’s definitely weird that Warner hasn’t announced ANYTHING else around the reissue project. They said we would hear from them “soon”. Obviously that word is not used correctly in either Madonna’s or Warner’s case.
Maybe we start a petition or all start emailing the crap out of them:Madonna009: