hollywood (thin white duck mix)??? typo? shouldn't it be "thin white duke"

medonner

He used to have Thin White Duke for the electronic sound with guitars and drums and Jacques Lu Cont for the harder growing beats with heavy reverb filter, similar to the music he did under Tracques. He only used Man with Guitar for one song under  Kitsune and the Sorry Remix. But it got a point where he started using Stuart Price and SDP on the same line of sounds too.

40 minutes ago, mikeyaj said:

when he first started his career he pretended to be french and did interviews over the phone in french. he knew the whole daft punk and Cassius french house craze would work in his favor lol

Yeah that's when he was doing Le Rythmes Digitales and the song Jacques Your Body that make him famous after being used in a car ad.

the car add happened years after the album release. he re-released the album and song after the ad.

the album initially failed to take off and was niche. his first album was rubbish. darkdancer got him dance cred

he only broke out of the dance niche scene when madonna had him work on the DWT and in 2003 p diddy worked with him (to limited success)

none of his other work with acts gained commerical success until madonna and confessions and then he exploded

4 minutes ago, mikeyaj said:

even his band never took off (zoot woman) 

it had minor success in germany and lots of ads using him.

Zoot woman was popular in the UK and he was doing lots of work with the 'electro clash' scene at the moment. And that's when he revamped the song for the Citroen ad with the robot.

He wasn't a major DJ or producer but neither was Calvin Harris and other contemporaries. When he got on board with Madonna is at the same time he was becoming more commercial.

2 hours ago, The Resurrectionist said:

Wasn't there also another typo on all Hollywood releases?

The Deepsky's Home Sweet Home Vocal Remix was actually the Dub Mix. Apparently the real dub only appears on a rare vinyl?

yes.

i think there has been a few mislabeled mixes over the years

17 hours ago, mikeyaj said:

madonna really made him reach wider within the industry.

after confessions though they needed a break lol

i live in the UK, zoot woman never had impact

He didn't want to do more with her to avoid becoming a Madonna puppet too.

It was a good relationship for both at the time.

I live in the UK too and I was pretty involved in the club scene at the time and Zoot woman were well known as he was as a DJ. He was working and linked to the music acts at the time: Felix deHousecat, Miss Kittin, Ladytron, Cajmere, etc..

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

He didn't want to do more with her to avoid becoming a Madonna puppet too.

It was a good relationship for both at the time.

I live in the UK too and I was pretty involved in the club scene at the time and Zoot woman were well known as he was as a DJ. He was working and linked to the music acts at the time: Felix deHousecat, Miss Kittin, Ladytron, Cajmere, etc..

that was the dance scene though. mainstream pop crossover was minimal to non existence at best

there was one thing stuart and madonna really messed up with. her tour versions of old songs showed there was a clear artistic reason to let price remix an old album (debut album?) or do a dance compilation of old hits remixed. it was so obvious to do as a one off for the fans

40 minutes ago, mikeyaj said:

that was the dance scene though. mainstream pop crossover was minimal to non existence at best

But the electronic scene at that time was relevant over here. Why she got to work with Mirwais and  for Felix ,Micronauts,  Cajmere to remix her music?

Peaches, Fischerspooner, Vitalic, Hell...

There was a movement of creatives and artist bringing music/art together, clubs like Nag nag Nag that have customers like Bjork, Chris Cunningham, PSB, Kate Moss... and performers like Scissor Sisters and Le Tigre, sweating together in a basement.

there was one thing stuart and madonna really messed up with. her tour versions of old songs showed there was a clear artistic reason to let price remix an old album (debut album?) or do a dance compilation of old hits remixed. it was so obvious to do as a one off for the fans

and he was more creative than Orbit.

9 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

i agree but commercial pop radio and mass market didn't play zoot woman. it's dance mainstream so to speak

orbit is great..................but overrated. i prefer his music album stuff as it was simple, while rol was overlong and sounds dated now.

9 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

20 hours ago, mikeyaj said:

even his band never took off (zoot woman) 

:07:

What?

They've been making music and touring for 20 years.

"It's Automatic" and "Grey Day" were minor hits in Europe, they've remixed or been remixed by the top electro acts from the 2000s. They style has been quite influential and made Stuart Price a renowned producer.

What about your achievements?

22 hours ago, mikeyaj said:

stuart price often remixes under the thin white duke name but for hollywood it was duck instead

There isn't an official explanation about this. Could be a typo, a joke, or a way of playing it down because Thin White Duke essentially refers to David Bowie, so maybe they didn't want to make him angry at one point or spin confusion because him and M never worked together.

21 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

There isn't an official explanation about this. Could be a typo, a joke, or a way of playing it down because Thin White Duke essentially refers to David Bowie, so maybe they didn't want to make him angry at one point or spin confusion because him and M never worked together.

this isn't the reason.

thin white duke is a name he uses for countless remixes of various acts. it's an intentional bowie reference. only madonna has the "duck" though

25 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

:07:

What?

They've been making music and touring for 20 years.

"It's Automatic" and "Grey Day" were minor hits in Europe, they've remixed or been remixed by the top electro acts from the 2000s. They style has been quite influential and made Stuart Price a renowned producer.

What about your achievements?

there are hardly a household name. they're not coldplay or oasis. even even radiohead.

they're succesful but it's not mainstream band with mass market appeal

2 minutes ago, mikeyaj said:

there are hardly a household name. they're not coldplay or oasis. even even radiohead.

they're succesful but it's not mainstream band with mass market appeal

Well you should learn that "even his band never took off (zoot woman) " doesn't mean what you seem to mean, then.

Do you despise every band that is not Coldplay Oasis or Radiohead because they're not as big as Coldplay Oasis or Radiohead?

I don't get where you going with that.

Just now, PlayPause said:

Well you should learn that "even his band never took off (zoot woman) " doesn't mean what you seem to mean, then.

Do you despise every band that is not Coldplay Oasis or Radiohead because they're not as big as Coldplay Oasis or Radiohead?

I don't get where you going with that.

i don't mean to "learn" anything you pompous boot.

chill your bean

i didn't even men any bands i liked. zoot woman a great. they're hardly commercial pops mainstream chart topping band

they're a great band that has found their niche market and it works.

i get where you're going though and i ain't playing sprinkles