Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

47 minutes ago, tscott said:

Tell that to those who want every freakin edit... digitally and streaming released and if not, they whine and moan about it.  No one is going to be listening to all these particular edits in the long run.  So hardcore fans might re-visit them, but I would suspect they already have them in their own physical or digital collection.  No one beyond some fans will care if they are listening to a 7 Inch version or the edited version or the single version and so on.  

I don’t blame those hardcore fanatics. 🤣❤️

its just a rule or policy change that needs to happen with Spotify and possibly the rights holders of the tracks. 

It’s just really fucking dumb the way it is now. 

20 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

its just a rule or policy change that needs to happen with Spotify and possibly the rights holders of the tracks. 

Sorry but I don't see it that way. While I get why different versions of the same song count as one for the charts - cause they're meant to reflect the most popular songs of that week - I don't think it applies at all to public stream figures on Spotify or YouTube. A single version (when it's an edit and/or single mix) and an album version are simply not the same version, and shouldn't be treated as such.

I'm up for merging streams when it's the obvious same version, like "Like A Prayer" on the parent album and "Celebration", but definitely not for edits + album versions + extended remixes, etc. Makes no sense at all to me. Also, it's fun checking which versions perform better, etc.

3 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

Now that she is getting great streaming numbers, her team seriously need to sort out her Spotify. 
The maxis need putting in the right years and not in the album category. 
Update the awful This Is Madonna playlist image

Not to argue your point, but I have noticed that for most artists, that particular playlist image and song selection is representative to the last studio album they released.  Looking at that playlist, I don't see anything beyond Madame X.  I suspect the next time it will be changed is when she releases a new studio album or if Spotify decides to be more selective to what image they are using.  Personally, I'm glad they are using the Deluxe Madame X image, rather the standard version. 

And I agree that Spotify should sort the Maxi, singles and albums accordingly to their correct year of release, but from my understanding, they did it the way they did, to give it more exposure and they eventually do change it the correct years. 

31 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

Unless it's the same exact track, I don't see why it should be merged?  I think it's a matter of perspective to some in how this is being done.  At the end of the day, it really doesn't change how many streams she's getting.  To me, that's more important than just merging all numbers for one particular song, even if they are different versions. It would be like expecting that every version of a particular song, just be named that song, rather distinguishing if it's a dance remix or a single edit and so on.  With how it is, we get to see how often each version is being streamed.  You can't really expect two different version that clock in at a different time, to be merged.  I rather they keep the different version separate. Other than that, I agree the few songs which have duplicate listings and are the exact same version, should be merged.

Stable as yesterday with 6.25 million streams

Pre-digital era female artists on Spotify (June 15)

1. @shakira 16.68M
2. Beyonce 13.67M
3. @shreyaghoshal 7.68M
4. @Sia 7M
5. @Pink 6.51M
6. @Madonna 6.25M
7. @thealkayagnik 5.93M
8. BritneySpears 4.87M
9. @MariahCarey 3.68M
10. #LataMangeshkar 3.21M
11. @aliciakeys 3.16M

10 minutes ago, tscott said:

Unless it's the same exact track, I don't see why it should be merged?  I think it's a matter of perspective to some in how this is being done.  At the end of the day, it really doesn't change how many streams she's getting.  To me, that's more important than just merging all numbers for one particular song, even if they are different versions. It would be like expecting that every version of a particular song, just be named that song, rather distinguishing if it's a dance remix or a single edit and so on.  With how it is, we get to see how often each version is being streamed.  You can't really expect two different version that clock in at a different time, to be merged.  I rather they keep the different version separate. Other than that, I agree the few songs which have duplicate listings and are the exact same version, should be merged.

I’m not talking about dance remixes. I specifically said when it’s the same production just faded out or a chorus skipped or whatever, edited not remixed.

the exact same versions is a no brained and should’ve been done already. 

i see how some fans REALLLYYY want to know which edit is more popular but I personally find it redundant and not helpful as far as reflecting the popularity of a song at large goes. 

We’ll just have to agree to disagree. Edits usually don’t do shit for me and they are or were mainly cut down for time reasons. It’s still the same fucking song with the same fucking production. 

They could easily merge them and have a button that you guys can click and the breakdown of each edit appears. 

🤗

11 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

I’m not talking about dance remixes. I specifically said when it’s the same production just faded out or a chorus skipped or whatever, edited not remixed.

the exact same versions is a no brained and should’ve been done already. 

i see how some fans REALLLYYY want to know which edit is more popular but I personally find it redundant and not helpful as far as reflecting the popularity of a song at large goes. 

We’ll just have to agree to disagree. Edits usually don’t do shit for me and they are or were mainly cut down for time reasons. It’s still the same fucking song with the same fucking production. 

They could easily merge them and have a button that you guys can click and the breakdown of each edit appears. 

🤗

Actually, I agree regarding edits and fade outs don't do much for me either.  I see your point about the merging, but to me if they have a different time and/or a different edit or just a fade out, they still should be counted separately.  With that said, I don't think it's even necessary to have all these edits with the same exact production, edited down for time (as you put it) even available on streaming/digital.  I prefer to have the full original version and any remix or different production available.  I don't need a 7 Inch and than an edit or fade out of that same production on digital and streaming platforms.  If I want to cut a song short while listening, I'd just shut it off. 

3 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

Now that she is getting great streaming numbers, her team seriously need to sort out her Spotify. 
The maxis need putting in the right years and not in the album category. 
Update the awful This Is Madonna playlist image

Also the Madonna Complete Collection is not very complete. Nor Madonna Live or Madonna Remixes & Edits

Time to update her all-time Top 40:

- Updated All Time Top 40 (Official, not merged):

01. Material Girl ("Celebration" Version): 347M

02. Hung Up: 330M

03. La Isla Bonita: 291M

04. Like A Prayer ("Celebration" Version): 277M

05. 4 Minutes ("Celebration" Version): 235M

06. Like A Virgin ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 229M

07. Vogue ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 191M

08. Frozen (Sickick Remix): 134M

09. Papa Don't Preach: 107M

10. Crazy For You: 106M

11. Into The Groove: 101M

12. Bitch I'm Madonna: 90M

13. Like A Prayer ("Like A Prayer" Album Version): 89M

14. Holiday ("Madonna" Digital Album Edit Version): 88M

15. Holiday ("Celebration"/Original Album Version): 72M

16. Frozen ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 69M

17. Music: 68M

18. Medellín: 68M

19. Me Against The Music (Britney Spears Feat. Madonna): 55M

20. Levitating (Dua Lipa Remix): 53M

21. Sorry ("Confessions" Album Version): 51M

22. Take A Bow: 48M

23. American Pie: 48M

24. Material Girl ("Like A Virgin" Album Version): 47M

25. Like A Virgin ("Celebration"/"Immaculate" Version): 47M 

26. Live To Tell: 46M

27. Girl Gone Wild: 46M

28. Ray Of Light ("Ray Of Light" Album Version): 44M

29. Faz Gostoso: 43M

30. 4 Minutes ("Hard Candy" Album Version): 42M

31. True Blue: 41M

32. Give It 2 Me: 41M

33. The Power Of Good-Bye: 40M

34. Express Yourself ("Celebration" Version): 37M

35. Die Another Day: 36M

36. Ghosttown: 36M

37. Jump: 35M

38. Living For Love: 34M

39. Popular (The Weeknd, Playboi Carti & Madonna): 34M -> New entry!

40. Give Me All Your Luvin': 34M