Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

On 6/16/2023 at 11:26 PM, PlayPause said:

?

Album cuts, singles, compilations, special edits... Thera are so many different iterations of the same song.

Release-driven data don't give the same results as overall catalog performance.

So yes, numbers have to be merged.

On 6/17/2023 at 12:32 AM, DaddyZ said:

I agree. A specific edit ur fade out on the same fucking production is still the same fucking song, just shorter. 🤷🏻‍♂️

remixes where production is completely different shouldn’t be merged, duh. 

I just want to see the correct version of Holiday on the first album, the mixes of Lucky Star and Borderline on The Immaculate Collection restored and Dress You Up on Celebration corrected. I'll live with the rest.

Cleaning up the album releases and singles so everything is order would be a bare minimum job and wouldn't hurt also

Edited by BoyToyMark (see edit history)

6 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

I just want to see the correct version of Holiday on the first album, the mixes of Lucky Star and Borderline on The Immaculate Collection restored and Dress You Up on Celebration corrected. I'll live with the rest.

Cleaning up the album releases and singles so everything is order would be a bare minimum job and wouldn't hurt also

To be "corrected" one would have to assume a 'mistake' was made.  I think it was intentional they left out those beginning drum beats. 

38 minutes ago, milingo83 said:

5.88 mil streams yesterday

Pre-digital era female artists on Spotify (June 17)

1. @shakira 17.2M
2. Beyonce 13.2M
3. @shreyaghoshal 7.87M
4. @Sia 6.65M
5. @Pink 6.3M
6. @thealkayagnik 6.19M
7. @Madonna 5.88M
8. BritneySpears 4.84M
9. @MariahCarey 3.56M
10. #LataMangeshkar 3.4M
11. #WhitneyHouston 3.09M

Yikes, a slight dip.  But we'll just have to go that much harder for her.  I wish some of her back catalog would get some more lovin'. :)

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

Do we know what were her numbers before the Frozen remix release? 

I remember she was #250 but I don't know how many monthly listeners she had. It would be nice to see the progress since the beginning of the Warner deal

The first Frozen remix was released on Friday December 3rd 2021. At that point, she had 15.8M monthly listeners and 5.6M followers. I don’t know what was her ranking though.

IMG_7540.jpeg

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

"Vulgar" is dying and decreasing on streams each day and it's painful to see.

What a wasted opportunity.

It's interesting because Madonna continues to post stories, using the song.  At least, she's trying to keep it alive.  Anyway, I predicted that the song wouldn't last long.  I knew the song would make a huge impact that first week, but die after that.  I do wonder if it didn't "leak" a week earlier, if the song would have faired a bit better.

At least, her PR team is trying to push the narrative of her Hot 100 success for Popular.  Unfortunately, I'm beginning to think that song isn't going anywhere but down at this point.  I originally thought it may pick up steam again, but with so many Weeknd tracks trending and charting, this one is getting lost in the mix. 

10 minutes ago, tscott said:

It's interesting because Madonna continues to post stories, using the song.  At least, she's trying to keep it alive.  Anyway, I predicted that the song wouldn't last long.  I knew the song would make a huge impact that first week, but die after that.  I do wonder if it didn't "leak" a week earlier, if the song would have faired a bit better.

At least, her PR team is trying to push the narrative of her Hot 100 success for Popular.  Unfortunately, I'm beginning to think that song isn't going anywhere but down at this point.  I originally thought it may pick up steam again, but with so many Weeknd tracks trending and charting, this one is getting lost in the mix. 

The "Vulgar" strategy was dead on arrival. The snippet teasers in 2023... please. The full leak same day as "Popular" was released (from the label maybe?)... please. The lack of visuals... for an over the top pop song like this is... please. The absolute lack of promo from Team Sam... P L E A S E.

It's like they've done everything they could to stop it from taking off. Maybe Team Sam didn't know about "Popular" and were pissed when M. told them and had to delay the single a week or something else, who knows. "Popular" release week seemed like a last minute decision on The Weeknd's camp, like everything was ready obviously behind the scenes but they decided "now!".

At least "Vulgar" has helped her Spotify numbers too.

14 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The "Vulgar" strategy was dead on arrival. The snippet teasers in 2023... please. The full leak same day as "Popular" was released (from the label maybe?)... please. The lack of visuals... for an over the top pop song like this is... please. The absolute lack of promo from Team Sam... P L E A S E.

It's like they've done everything they could to stop it from taking off. Maybe Team Sam didn't know about "Popular" and were pissed when M. told them and had to delay the single a week or something else, who knows. "Popular" release week seemed like a last minute decision on The Weeknd's camp, like everything was ready obviously behind the scenes but they decided "now!".

At least "Vulgar" has helped her Spotify numbers too.

I still don't think either artist or team anticipated it doing much, so they just released it for the hell of it.   I really don't believe a push to this would have made the song anymore of a success. In fact, I think it would probably just earn her more negative criticism.  It's probably for the best this didn't get the attention many fans hoped it would get.  Besides, I prefer all the PR her team is doing now, be for a Madonna solo track, rather the two released. 

But like you said, Vulgar and especially Popular has really helped with her streaming numbers on Spotify.  At the end of the day, Vulgar was a treat for the fana, while Popular was a good commercial attempt to get her name back out there to the general public. And there's nothing to sneeze about the attention Popular did get.  But I have to wonder if the GP is in The Weeknd overkill right now?

1 minute ago, tscott said:

I still don't think either artist or team anticipated it doing much, so they just released it for the hell of it.   I really don't believe a push to this would have made the song anymore of a success. In fact, I think it would probably just earn her more negative criticism.  It's probably for the best this didn't get the attention many fans hoped it would get.  Besides, I prefer all the PR her team is doing now, be for a Madonna solo track, rather the two released. 

But like you said, Vulgar and especially Popular has really helped with her streaming numbers on Spotify.  At the end of the day, Vulgar was a treat for the fan, while Popular was a good commercial attempt to get her name back out there to the general public. And there's nothing to sneeze about the attention Popular did get.  But I have to wonder if the GP is in The Weeknd overkill right now?

The Weeknd is still #1 on Spotify overall and it will continue to be cause GP just loves his music. Plus he's a man. Industry and GP treat better men in flops (in everything really). "The Idol" will be just a little joke in the future, he will also laugh about it and everyone will be happy. If anything, this big acting failure will help establishing him as a music force even more, just like it happened with Madonna in the 80s. Flop film after flop film, her music career remained untouched for the most part.

Plus everyone is talking about "The Idol" and that can only be good for him. He should be worried if no one was talking about it.

18 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The Weeknd is still #1 on Spotify overall and it will continue to be cause GP just loves his music. Plus he's a man. Industry and GP treat better men in flops (in everything really). "The Idol" will be just a little joke in the future, he will also laugh about it and everyone will be happy. If anything, this big acting failure will help establishing him as a music force even more, just like it happened with Madonna in the 80s. Flop film after flop film, her music career remained untouched for the most part.

Plus everyone is talking about "The Idol" and that can only be good for him. He should be worried if no one was talking about it.

Totally agree.  In fact, the show is getting some backlash from some off colored joke in the latest episode.  I haven't watched the third episode yet.  While it's not the greatest show, it's not as bad as some are trying to make it.  It is a bit sluggish though.  There are parts of it, I feel like it just dragging on, when they probably could have edited this to be a bit more quicker pace. 

And while I agree he's #1 on Spotify and a generally popular commercial artist right now, I have to wonder if Popular is getting pushed aside due to several of his other songs still trending and charting.  Die For You is still doing relatively well and I believe is the radio favorite from him, and they still play the hell out of his older tracks.