Why Causing a Commotion isn't on FEL ?

23 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

It was played on the radio when the single was released. Even more than Justify My Love in my country (Radio Stations played "Express Yourself" instead because it was the B-Side and it was more radio friendly).

Yeah I think Rescue Me was embraced more than JML by radio stations cause it was radio-friendly. Didn't Justify My Love make it to #1 mostly due to the video single? I can't imagine the song ever being played on the radio.

4 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Yeah I think Rescue Me was embraced more than JML by radio stations cause it was radio-friendly. Didn't Justify My Love make it to #1 mostly due to the video single? I can't imagine the song ever being played on the radio.

On TV, "Justify My Love" was played frequently in Spain because there were no issues with airing that kind of video outside of child protection schedules. However, I barely remember hearing it on the radio. The TIC version of "Express Yourself" often replaced "Justify My Love".

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

On TV, "Justify My Love" was played frequently in Spain because there were no issues with airing that kind of video outside of child protection schedules. However, I barely remember hearing it on the radio. The TIC version of "Express Yourself" often replaced "Justify My Love".

In the U.S., it seemed like the other way around.  The video didn't get played, but the song was played a lot on the radio. Not as much as her previous hits, but I remember hearing it a handful of times.  I was a little surprised to hear it on radio, even though it was the video that was more objected than the song. As for Rescue Me, I only remember hearing it once or twice, compared to Justify My Love.  Obviously both songs didn't get the radio airplay Vogue, Express Yourself, Like A Prayer and many of her earlier songs did.

• 1 month later...

Avihay Epstein (yes I both read Hebrew letters and know you from socials), ultimately it was M's decision, as much as was her decision to sing "I'll be Palestine" at MXT instead of you know what.

We know people's decisions are theirs only.

Including mine and yours.

EDIT: ain't being any hostile or Antisemitic here, just to clarify, I honestly respect both Judaism and Zionism despite of what my heritage says. What I did here is just to state facts, as much as you did as well as everyone else on this thread. If the choice of words sounded somewhat aggressive, I only have to apologize! Shalom aleichem!

Because sometimes Madonna SUCKS. 

FEL would be perfect is she replaced Spotlight over Everybody and Causing a Commotion over Physical Attraction.

Those songs were never #1 dance hits. I love both of them, but the song from You can dance that really played on the radios was Spotlight. 

And Causing a Commotion was really a #1 dance hit. 

1 hour ago, lap said:

Because sometimes Madonna SUCKS. 

FEL would be perfect is she replaced Spotlight over Everybody and Causing a Commotion over Physical Attraction.

Those songs were never #1 dance hits. I love both of them, but the song from You can dance that really played on the radios was Spotlight. 

And Causing a Commotion was really a #1 dance hit. 

But Everybody and PA play an essential part in M's kingdom on dancefloor, in a nutshell, they opened the way for the dozens of others to come!

It'd be a crime if these weren't part of it anyway.

27 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

But Everybody and PA play an essential part in M's kingdom on dancefloor, in a nutshell, they opened the way for the dozens of others to come!

It'd be a crime if these weren't part of it anyway.

Many others are part of M's Kingdom on dancefloor and they are not part of it, like Lucky Star, Dress You Up,  and others. The purpose of this compilation is celebrate her #1 dance singles. 

Everybody and Physical Attraction never have been #1 dance singles

On the other hand, Causing a Commotion was. 

We all can disagree about Spotlight, but I can't remember any of the remixes playing on the radios, except Where's the party, but Causing a Commotion reached #1 and should be included

6 hours ago, lap said:

Many others are part of M's Kingdom on dancefloor and they are not part of it, like Lucky Star, Dress You Up,  and others. The purpose of this compilation is celebrate her #1 dance singles. 

We all can disagree about Spotlight, but I can't remember any of the remixes playing on the radios, except Where's the party, but Causing a Commotion reached #1 and should be included

I completely agree just for the record. Stick to the concept!

On 10/2/2023 at 6:49 PM, lap said:

how many copies of 'FEL' do you own ?

On 10/2/2023 at 8:45 PM, MDNA22 said:

How come Rescue Me was not on Finally Enough Love too but that awful Britney featuring song was included ?

Because it wasn't #1.   If you want to argue why Everybody and Physical Attraction were included, it's because it was added due to that it was part of the ensemble remix ep album that went #1. Everybody is essential due to it being her first single and it was a top 5 dance song.  Physical Attraction is a fan favorite and was very well recognize by the general public back in the day, even though it wasn't an official single on it's own.

• 3 months later...

Everybody and Physical Attraction were included to boost their profile further in anticipation of the 40th Anniversary and no doubt the cancelled / reschedule Madonna40 debut.

Internationally only Holiday, Lucky Star and Borderline were big hits with Burning Up and Everybody not even being released in many territories. Many of us only became aware of these songs proper when they were added as B sides on Into The Groove (Everybody), Angel (Burning Up) and maybe even Open Your Heart (Lucky Star) a few years later in peak Madonnamania. Even when The First Album was re-released in in 1985 in the UK only Holiday & Borderline were re-released. I can understand Borderline because it was a number 56 flop here. I aways wondered why Burning Up and Everybody weren't released instead but those two songs in particular have a very early 80's colder electro sound rather than the warmer poppier Borderline & Holiday so maybe that's why.

By highlighting three early singles being number one it defo inflates the debuts cachet. 

These are her actual Dance chart #1s:

1. Holiday / Lucky Star
  2. Like A Virgin
  3. Material Girl
  4. Angel / Into The Groove
  5. Open Your Heart
  6. Causing A Commotion
  7. You Can Dance (LP Cuts) (Spotlight, Holiday, Everybody, Physical Attraction, Over And Over, Into The Groove, Where's The Party)
  8. Like A Prayer
  9. Express Yourself
  10. Keep It Together
  11. Vogue
  12. Justify My Love
  13. Erotica
  14. Deeper And Deeper
  15. Fever
  16. Secret
  17. Bedtime Story
  18. Don't Cry For Me Argentina
  19. Frozen
  20. Ray Of Light
  21. Nothing Really Matters
  22. Beautiful Stranger
  23. American Pie
  24. Music
  25. Don't Tell Me
  26. What It Feels Like For A Girl
  27. Impressive Instant
  28. Die Another Day
  29. American Life
  30. Hollywood
  31. Me Against The Music
  32. Nothing Fails
  33. Love Profusion
  34. Hung Up
  35. Sorry
  36. Get Together
  37. Jump
  38. 4 Minutes
  39. Give It 2 Me
  40. Celebration
  41. Give Me All Your Luvin'
  42. Girl Gone Wild
  43. Turn Up The Radio
  44. Living For Love
  45. Ghosttown
  46. Bitch, I'm Madonna
  47. Medellín
  48. I Rise
  49. Crave
  50. I Don't Search I Find

This would have been perfect. I don't understand why they added both, Physical Attraction AND Everybody. Everybody is somewhat understandable as it was her very first entry and hit #3. Lucky Star should have been added instead of Me Against The Music.