The Official M new Music SPECULATION thread 👑

nikolica

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

IB is an album - it contains songs only available on this release - only 3 songs are from the film …..

You and I agree!  Technically, the argument is about if it's a true studio album or a soundtrack album to a film?  When people use the term "album", I'm simply humored by it, because a soundtrack is an "album" as well.  Still, the argument is about it being a "studio album" or a "soundtrack album".   As you stated, the majority of her recordings on I'm Breathless are not part of the film.  The official press statement at the time, didn't consider it just a "soundtrack" album either.  If anything, it is more of a concept companion album to the film Dick Tracy.  It's not a typical soundtrack album nor a typical studio album. It's more of both, but I see it more of a concept album that deserves to have it's place alongside her other studio albums. I'm sure she was hoping that Warren would use a couple of her songs she wrote with Leonard... for the film too, but it just didn't happen.

5 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Exactly.

You know it like if Madonna and Max Martin hits it hard I want it to hit HARRRRRD like genuinely I want both on A game if they're working together ....the stuff on this Ariana album is gutting ....it's hideous how people eat this up ?!?! It's bizarre it's so bland 

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

You don’t like it, just admit it.

I'm breathless is one of the greatest albums of the 90, and better than so many albums in the 00s, 10s and 20s heck it's a better blues album than so many before it too ..it paved the way for Christina to do Back to Basics and the likes of Mark Robson on that album to ensure blues jazz can work beautifully in modern pop! Fabulous 

3 hours ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

I'm breathless is one of the greatest albums of the 90, and better than so many albums in the 00s, 10s and 20s heck it's a better blues album than so many before it too ..it paved the way for Christina to do Back to Basics and the likes of Mark Robson on that album to ensure blues jazz can work beautifully in modern pop! Fabulous 

Great so we have her to blame for that? 🙃

I love Ariana Grande and I'm always keen to like Max Martin productions.  Yes, and? is a banger, one of her best singles, I would say. Although I don't know if they had a good connection on making the album. Eternal Sunshine is missing something, as a whole. But I'm quite pleased with Supernatural, have that hit flavor.

Dev Hynes I've wanted collab with Madonna for so long, Disclosure, Jamie XX/Romy, chase and status, rudimental, etc ....but it's used names or mainstream known names recently the go to which is fine as most today go for the easy option 

Even Arians on her latest album is known names it's just lacking anything personality wise 

On 3/10/2024 at 12:49 AM, Honey Little said:

We need fresh young talent. The under 24 crowd in terms of production. No more old folks please. (Unless it’s Pat Leonard)

Or Stuart and Shep, I would die if she works with Shep again as Erotica is my favorite album of hers.

Also she could work with Diplo again... you guys can throw bricks at me for saying this, but it is imo one of her best albums and one of the most underrated. Actually MDNA and RH are pretty underrated and were her best works post-Confessions.

On 3/9/2024 at 6:45 PM, McDonna said:

You and I agree!  Technically, the argument is about if it's a true studio album or a soundtrack album to a film?  When people use the term "album", I'm simply humored by it, because a soundtrack is an "album" as well.  Still, the argument is about it being a "studio album" or a "soundtrack album".   As you stated, the majority of her recordings on I'm Breathless are not part of the film.  The official press statement at the time, didn't consider it just a "soundtrack" album either.  If anything, it is more of a concept companion album to the film Dick Tracy.  It's not a typical soundtrack album nor a typical studio album. It's more of both, but I see it more of a concept album that deserves to have it's place alongside her other studio albums. I'm sure she was hoping that Warren would use a couple of her songs she wrote with Leonard... for the film too, but it just didn't happen.

I love this ongoing debate among fans wether or not it's an original album or a soundtrack. I agree with you that of course it's both. I just always feel that fans don't want it to be part of her album discography because it's not as contemporary as the rest of her catalogue. Talk to a Prince fan and tell them Purple Rain doesn't count as an album, or Parade for that matter. Not sure though if she wanted additional songs in the movie as she only started writing and recording long after shooting was done. The three Sondheim tracks are also rearranged and re recorded for the album.

Yes yes yes to new music, but only if she has something to say or feels the need to record. Those albums inbetween confessions and MX are so forgettable. I would love for her to do a way more experimental route and release an album of eclectic sound recordings rather than another attempt at pop music. I could listen all day to those hallway videos when she was living in Lisbon, just her raw voice in beautiful acoustics, and maybe Arca can throw in some destruction in the back ground

2 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

I love this ongoing debate among fans wether or not it's an original album or a soundtrack. I agree with you that of course it's both. I just always feel that fans don't want it to be part of her album discography because it's not as contemporary as the rest of her catalogue. Talk to a Prince fan and tell them Purple Rain doesn't count as an album, or Parade for that matter. Not sure though if she wanted additional songs in the movie as she only started writing and recording long after shooting was done. The three Sondheim tracks are also rearranged and re recorded for the album.

I always thought it was more of a concept album inspired by her role in Dick Tracy. 

Movies were always a great inspiration for her. Some of her best songs were written for films despite the lack of recognition by those who give out awards for films. 

I always find it fascinating when some fans state without a doubt that she has not recorded this or that, i mean who knew she had been recording a track with The Weekend ? No one. Who knew she had been filming a video for the track ? No one. Who knew she had recorded a track with Sam Smith ? No one. Who knew she had recorded Champagne Rosé ? No one. Who knew she had recorded three poems for Christine and the queens ??? No one. Who knew she had recorded Material Gworllll ??? No one... All of these were a total surprise for everyone. We cannot state that she has not recorded something. Just because the usual insiders are not aware of something doesn't mean it don't exist, it's just that she kept it secret. I'm not saying she has a new album ready to drop after the tour, i'm just saying she could have one and no insider fan would be aware of it. 

15 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

I always find it fascinating when some fans state without a doubt that she has not recorded this or that, i mean who knew she had been recording a track with The Weekend ? No one. Who knew she had been filming a video for the track ? No one. Who knew she had recorded a track with Sam Smith ? No one. Who knew she had recorded Champagne Rosé ? No one. Who knew she had recorded three poems for Christine and the queens ??? No one. Who knew she had recorded Material Gworllll ??? No one... All of these were a total surprise for everyone. We cannot state that she has not recorded something. Just because the usual insiders are not aware of something doesn't mean it don't exist, it's just that she kept it secret. I'm not saying she has a new album ready to drop after the tour, i'm just saying she could have one and no insider fan would be aware of it. 

Yes It Is GIF

I think it is extremely likely that she has indeed recorded a good deal of material that is awaiting release. Her initial game plan was to be done with the tour by December 2023. It is entirely possible she had an entire album ready for release prior to her illness. It's also possible that as Stuart Price has been consistently present throughout the tour dj-ing and overseeing sound engineering that they have collaborated musically on new material. He has had plenty of time to present ideas and she has had plenty of time on her days off to record vocals and co-produce. 

15 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

I think it is extremely likely that she has indeed recorded a good deal of material that is awaiting release. Her initial game plan was to be done with the tour by December 2023. It is entirely possible she had an entire album ready for release prior to her illness. It's also possible that as Stuart Price has been consistently present throughout the tour dj-ing and overseeing sound engineering that they have collaborated musically on new material. He has had plenty of time to present ideas and she has had plenty of time on her days off to record vocals and co-produce. 

Correct 

2 hours ago, Alibaba said:

May the lord hear ya, we need new music with Stuart (and Patrick and Shep and Diplo)

3 hours ago, Alibaba said:

There was an interview with Stuart where they asked him if they have recorded new music together, since they've been working on the tour. It was written that he laughed and changed the subject.