MDNA Vinyl Repress coming this July

thegoldencalf

2 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Also 40 Euros for a 4 vinyl? I doubt it.. Madame X triple is selling for £63.

MDNA repress goes for £40+...

They could easily charge now $100 for a 4LP "Celebration" if they wanted to.

I mean, what's the point when "FEL" was out only 13 months ago and it's still available. The rainbow edition is widely available and they need to get rid of those.

2 hours ago, EgoRod said:

I have the EU one and I remembered going throu each one listed and I could'nt find any.

I think apart from the clear issues with clicks and edits people complained about the sound quality and sourcing of some of the songs.

If you scroll down here a few posts there's a take on the errors :

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/09-28-09-madonna-celebration.189547/page-7

I've got the EU pressing and all the errors are present, just checked. 

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

An interesting list of what Celebrations includes from Discogs:

Additional info about the tracklist, for your consideration.

Taken from 'The Immaculate Collection'
03. Vogue (QSound Mix)
07. Like A Virgin (QSound Mix)
13. Open Your Heart (QSound Mix)
14. Borderline (QSound Mix)
17. Justify My Love (QSound Mix)
25. Crazy For You (QSound Mix)
35. Cherish (QSound Mix - Mastering Error)

Taken from the original albums
01. Hung Up (Unmixed Album Version)
02. Music (Album Version)
05. Holiday (Album Version)
08. Into The Groove (Album Version)
09. Like A Prayer (Album Version)
19. Dress You Up (Album Version)
20. Material Girl (Album Version)
21. La Isla Bonita (Album Version)
22. Papa Don't Preach (Album Version)
24. Burning Up (Album Version)
26. Who's That Girl (Album Version)
29. Take A Bow (Album Version)
30. Live To Tell (Album Version)
31. Beautiful Stranger (Album Version)
32. Hollywood (Album Version)
33. Die Another Day (Album Version)

Radio Edits
04. 4 Minutes (Feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland) [Radio Edit]
10. Ray Of Light (Radio Edit)
11. Sorry (Radio Version)
15. Secret (Edit)
16. Erotica (Edit - Mastering Error)
28. Miles Away (Radio Edit)
34. Don't Tell Me (Radio Edit)

Unique Edits
06. Everybody (2009 Mix)
12. Express Yourself (2009 Mix)
18. Revolver (Feat. Lil Wayne)
23. Lucky Star (QSound Alternative Mix)
27. Frozen (Long Album Version)
36. Celebration

Borderline is a unique edit too. 

49 minutes ago, Prayer said:

You talk about the fans like some rich endless wallets with unlimited money to spend on any thing they chose to release. And, apart from some lucky people, it doesn't work like that. Strategy and timing is important if they want their projects to be successful and people to actually buy them. "Finally Enough Love" basically works as a compilation and it was released a year ago and it's still charting. The triple expensive "Madame X Tour" vinyl release is coming in two weeks. And she's going on tour this year and tickets are expensive of course.

Yes, they can go crazy and re-release "Celebration", press "GHV2" for the first time, etc but eventually some people would have to decide which ones to pick and which ones to left.

It's all about timing.

I don't understand your comment at all, because the point of discussion was not that they should release it right now. 

Argument was that the one is saying they should not release it at all because it is useless since they will be another compilation sometimes in the future. 

While I am saying it doesn't mean they should abandon repress of all previous compilations because of that. 

Moreover, if they are going to repress it in case of Celebration or release it for the very first time on vinyl in case of GHV2, it will be available on the market for quite some time, no one needs to buy it instantly. 

But for now it is not available at all. 

51 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

I think the argument about printing 1 vs 4 is that it's more costly to produce, the jackets have to be different and specific and have different assembly. You need a place that can do different packaging. Like those with the deluxe boxes.

As it happened with FEL box it can sell really quickly or not as it happens with the rainbow version. So you need to balance cost vs profits. It's harder to shift if it does'nt sell well.

You might say: But all the fans want it so bad, and while it's true-ish, It's more a scarcity value than real interest because as many mentioned it was sitting down in shelves for long time. I imagine they might want to do repress of HC or others like they do with MDNA.

Also everyone dragged this compilation for the errors and if they don;t fix them it will be a mess. Maybe they release a shorter version (like the CD) for the tour?

I am very close to the vinyl factory business, trust me, costs are minimal to produce such 4 vinyls in gatefold cover (2 vinyls on each side). They would profit even if the price would be 10€. Only question here is the greed of Warner... 

56 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Calm down babe. It’s not my fault you didn’t care for it when it was released 🤣

In the meantime, they re-released her studio albums multiple times on vinyl in the last 15 years and not a single Celebration 😂

No need to calm down, I thought we have a normal discussion here and you can justify your point of views (and me as well), that's all. 

I didn't care for it because vinyl market was pretty niche in 2009. But as you mentioned, since they repressed most of her studio albums on vinyl. For me, the next logical step would be to repress Celebration as well, and also release GHV2 and Remixed and Revisited on vinyl for the very first time (but I know this is just a dream). 

4 minutes ago, maddy1111 said:

No need to cakm down, I thought we have a normal discussion here and you can justify your point of views, that's all. 

I didn't care for it because vinyl market was pretty niche in 2009. But as you mentioned, since they repressed most of her studio albums on vinyl. For me, the next logical step would be to repress Celebration as well, and also release GHV2 and Remixed and Revisited on vinyl for the very first time (but I know this is just a dream). 

By the way, I never said they should not release it.  But after 15 years and the more complete Finally compilation I don’t see Warner doing it (with errors fixed) since they will be probably more interested in a new updated compilation. Madonna, that we know was the one behind Finally, is also probably more interested in something like that. Something like the latest Pet Shop Boys compilation would be perfect.  

2 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

By the way, I never said they should not release it.  But after 15 years and the more complete Finally compilation I don’t see Warner doing it (with errors fixed) since they will be probably more interested in a new updated compilation. Madonna, that we know was the one behind Finally, is also probably more interested in something like that. Something like the latest Pet Shop Boys compilation would be perfect.  

Hmm, so if something is "a pain in the ass" and "re-edit is not worth it" (basically quoting you), they should release it then? I am getting a bit confused here reading your comments, to be honest

FEL is not a compilation in a sense, well it is.. But it is a remix compilation, that is different from greatest hits compilation. So I wouldn't mix these two topics at all. Of course, Madonna was behind FEL curating it, because it was special release. But for Celebration vinyl release, she doesn't need to be around, same as she wasn't around for any album that was re-released on vinyl in past years. 

Honestly, I don't think any new greatest hits compilation is on the way anytime soon and that anyone in Warner is focusing on it as of now, especially with these landmark album reissues potentially coming, so if her new tour is called Celebration tour, I can really see Warner to repress Celebration album in next year or two. But let's see... 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2023 at 6:23 AM, cosmic_system said:

Pretty sure I mentioned this already, but apparently the standard version of Celebration might get a vinyl release, likely in time for the U.S. dates (so Q1). So it will likely be a 2 LP thing. I also heard a repress of Hard Candy on black vinyl is coming as well, or at least its being heavily considered to be released soon instead of down the road.

I think there's also talk about a digital re-release of Celebration with updated singles, kind of like the True Blue and Like a Prayer anniversary releases. So at least if anything, we'll have a 24-Bit digital release of Celebration.

Edited by DanceWithMe (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 6:13 AM, DanceWithMe said:

Pretty sure I mentioned this already, but apparently the standard version of Celebration might get a vinyl release, likely in time for the U.S. dates (so Q1). So it will likely be a 2 LP thing. I also heard a repress of Hard Candy on black vinyl is coming as well, or at least its being heavily considered to be released soon instead of down the road.

I think there's also talk about a digital re-release of Celebration with updated singles, kind of like the True Blue and Like a Prayer anniversary releases. So at least if anything, we'll have a 24-Bit digital release of Celebration.

OMG they gonna re-release Celebration GH album digitally!?!?!? :scary:

Many fans would be thrilled about it since they have been waiting... for you... I'm waiting... for YEARS!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Got the reissue copy from a local record store (49 euro) and finally solve the "made in USA ? Netherlands?" mystery.

Apparently it has both "Manufactured & distributed in USA" and "Made in Netherland" printed on the back of the sleeve.

But the disc itself had the "Made in Netherland" printed. 

Conclusion:

Sleeve - USA

Disc - Netherlands