Madonna: 40 Years Of Music - People Magazine Special Edition

Just received my copy of the People magazine with the 80's red cover Madonna. It's awfully constructed! The first 85 pages are all upside down.  Also, the images look like enlarged oversize photocopies... very bad photocopies. In most pics, she is spilling/cut off the pages.  The text is cut off.  What a disappointment this is!

6 hours ago, tscott said:

Just received my copy of the People magazine with the 80's red cover Madonna. It's awfully constructed! The first 85 pages are all upside down.  Also, the images look like enlarged oversize photocopies... very bad photocopies. In most pics, she is spilling/cut off the pages.  What a disappointment this is!

Shittt!!! What a shame. 

3 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Shittt!!! What a shame. 

It is.  It's like a 4 year old put this thing together.  A lot of great content, but the way they made all the images so enlarged and you see only have of her body on a lot of iconic shots.  It's like a horrible collage of pics just randomly put together.  And I'm quite confused why the first 85 pages are upside down??

7 minutes ago, tscott said:

I haven't really read anything from it.  Once I open it up and saw what a mess it was, I was like WTF is this?  I've not read anyone else's take on this magazine, so part of me wonders if I got a faulty copy. 

ok, thinking if it is worth to get it... 

1 minute ago, PHIL said:

ok, thinking if it is worth to get it... 

It does have a lot of great articles regarding her career and a lot of photos, but it's like someone cut and pasted everything together, using overlarge photo copies of the images, where some of then have her body going off the page, etc.

On 7/31/2023 at 5:03 PM, PHIL said:

ok, thx guys, will skip this one then!

I asked for a replacement.  I have a feeling my copy was defective.  There is no way someone let thousands and thousands copies to be issued the way I received mine.  If it wasn't defective, it would be worth it.  :)

19 hours ago, PHIL said:

ok, thx guys, will skip this one then!

I'd suggest if you can find a copy in a store or newsstand that carries magazines in your area, that is your best bet. Then you can just look at it first, to see if it's something you want.  In theory, it should be a worthy purchase.  Unfortunately, ordering something unseen, has its risks.  Check your local Walmart to see if they carry it.  Chances are, they will, being it's PEOPLE magazine. :)

My copy ( Ken Regan shot) that was ordered on Amazon is great.  It actually doesn't have a barcode on the cover like most copies I've seen pictured.

No upside down pages, or oversized photos, etc..  I'm very pleased with the content and design.  I've got to find the other cover too. Hopefully they have it at Walmart on my next visit.

21 hours ago, otcoam said:

My copy ( Ken Regan shot) that was ordered on Amazon is great.  It actually doesn't have a barcode on the cover like most copies I've seen pictured.

No upside down pages, or oversized photos, etc..  I'm very pleased with the content and design.  I've got to find the other cover too. Hopefully they have it at Walmart on my next visit.

I ordered mine from Amazon US, hope to be lucky too and get a perfect one... 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

1 hour ago, Frank said:

I ordered mine from Amazon US, hope to be lucky too and get a perfect one... 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Unfortunately, that's where I ordered mine from that came defective.  I have a replacement on the way, so I'm hoping it was just a one time fluke and I don't receive another messed up copy.

On 8/1/2023 at 11:57 AM, otcoam said:

Yea, that’s like the one I got from Amazon.

The quality was good and no issues that were mentioned by others. Mine also didn’t say Printed by Amazon.

I still wasn’t happy with the magazine for $15. $5, yes, $15? No.

Mine arrived from Amazon as well and it’s slightly damaged. The packaging was bs as usual with them. This time I’ll keep it cause I can’t go through ANOTHER return with them and I’m sure they’ll send it on an envelope again. I really don’t get the logic behind sending fragile stuff on envelopes and expect it to arrive safely. Better send it on a plastic bag.