MADONNA The First Album Reissue 7.27.23/The Madonna Infinity Breakdown Thread

RUADJAI

6 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Same

Just think it's another guy with fake predictions

Not worth reading their messages online

People seem to awfully lot forget that everyone can create an account on any social media platform and start posting whatever info they want, so we should not pay any attention to any unverified account not close to M's team. 

... And also use a bit of a common sense. If "all albums" would come "in next 4 years" that would mean a new reissue every third month for the next 4 years. Yeah, they definitely gonna do that. 

Even though you are right addictedtovinyl is a popular account, I have been following them for years. I don’t know how reliable they are or what their sources are but I wouldn’t describe them as just a “random account.” Id take their info as more reliable than most members on here.

13 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Even though you are right addictedtovinyl is a popular account, I have been following them for years. I don’t know how reliable they are or what their sources are but I wouldn’t describe them as just a “random account.” Id take their info as more reliable than most members on here.

Sorry but they basically said what the press releases said. Actually the press release never talked about all her albums, that is probably wishful thinking. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

That is a good point, they said landmark albums would get the deluxe treatment….

I mean I wish they would do that but are we really getting a deluxe edition of MDNA? Maybe a colored vinyl…

Landmark album is also so general. To me every album from the debut to at least Confessions is a landmark album 😂 

2 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I mean I wish they would do that but are we really getting a deluxe edition of MDNA? Maybe a colored vinyl…

Landmark album is also so general. To me every album from the debut to at least Confessions is a landmark album 😂 

Well…. Madonna, True Blue, Like a Prayer, Erotica, Ray of Light, Music, Confessions…

1 hour ago, Glassy24 said:

I was kidding too lol, though I don't think she doesn't know/care (hence the IG post). I'm inclined to believe the merch will launch closer to the new Celebration Tour dates, but not necessarily holding out hope haha.

Well obviously she was gonna post a little something for the 40th anniversary of her first album but that's just it, she usually just does a little cute post on her story and next lol.

2 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

As a fan, it's easy to say that, but if I step back and look at it more objectively, I'd say All the 80's studio albums, Erotica, Ray of Light and Confessions are the true landmark albums. They were the most impactful and most successful for her. 

But then they may see that albums like Music and American Life would be beneficial if they expanded them, knowing there are a lot of demos and unreleased tracks from those albums.  That's if Madonna is interested in officially sharing those songs.  It's going to be hard to satisfy the fans with so many demos that already have leaked.  I can see fans complaining if they include what has already leaked, but in truth, the demos are legally supposed to be out there.

12 hours ago, thiagosb said:

I see you guys referring to her “team”. Does she even has one team behind her at this point?

I struggle to believe there is a team conceptualising and driving these apparently random releases and instagram posts. It seems there is no effort or care. Such a shame. 

what do you mean? She has a lawyer and a manager, an agent and a chef, 3 nannies, an assistant, and a driver and a jet.

no really, she has 2 managers and some assistants, and those managers have assistants too. people need to stop thinking that her kids are taking care of this stuff.

1 hour ago, tscott said:

As a fan, it's easy to say that, but if I step back and look at it more objectively, I'd say All the 80's studio albums, Erotica, Ray of Light and Confessions are the true landmark albums. They were the most impactful and most successful for her. 

But then they may see that albums like Music and American Life would be beneficial if they expanded them, knowing there are a lot of demos and unreleased tracks from those albums.  That's if Madonna is interested in officially sharing those songs.  It's going to be hard to satisfy the fans with so many demos that already have leaked.  I can see fans complaining if they include what has already leaked, but in truth, the demos are legally supposed to be out there.

I'm guessing that all of her "regular" albums will be considered landmark, and that things like Who's That Girl and You Can Dance are the ones that won't get their own box set (they'll probably be released with True Blue).  I can also see them combining I'm Breathless with the Immaculate Collection and Blonde Ambition, because I can't imagine that a Breathless box set would go over with the casual listener (although would LOVE it, Breathless has a huge soft spot for me).

I am a huge believer in these reissues.  I really feel like we are gonna get some mind blowing things.  But I can't understand why they are squandering the anniversary of the first album.  It seems like everyone EXCEPT for M and her "team" are celebrating.  Like, what better time to at least announce the reissue? Even if it's gonna be a little while yet, throw us a couple teases, maybe a pic or two, a random track name, anything!

11 minutes ago, momosfantasy said:

I'm guessing that all of her "regular" albums will be considered landmark, and that things like Who's That Girl and You Can Dance are the ones that won't get their own box set (they'll probably be released with True Blue).  I can also see them combining I'm Breathless with the Immaculate Collection and Blonde Ambition, because I can't imagine that a Breathless box set would go over with the casual listener (although would LOVE it, Breathless has a huge soft spot for me).

Yeah, I'm doubting we are going to see anything "expanded" for I'm Breathless and the Immaculate Collection.  I feel that we're just going to get expanded versions of certain studio albums.  Maybe something specially curated for Vogue down the line too.  Not that they can't re-issue these albums still, but I would expect it would just be for remastering for sound, if not even making colored Vinyls available for them.  Immaculate Collection already got an update wit Dolby Atmoss sound, so I can see things like that happening with certain albums too.