Madonna’s Greatest Tours POLL results 6pm UK time TONIGHT

Blue Jean

I liked the Girlie Show but think with a few set list changes it would have been great all the way through like Blond Ambition 

Rain -  cut the dancing with the clowns etc after she finished singing 

In This Life -  replace with Bad Girl

I'm Going Bananas - replace with Live To Tell (I think the original set list had Live To Tell in this section during rehearsals)

Holiday - would have cut the second part

Rescue Me - Add to set list. Maybe as a a third encore between Justify My Love and Everybody. One of her best songs ever  

1 hour ago, MDNA22 said:

I liked the Girlie Show but think with a few set list changes it would have been great all the way through like Blond Ambition 

Rain -  cut the dancing with the clowns etc after she finished singing 

In This Life -  replace with Bad Girl

I'm Going Bananas - replace with Live To Tell (I think the original set list had Live To Tell in this section during rehearsals)

Holiday - would have cut the second part

Rescue Me - Add to set list. Maybe as a a third encore between Justify My Love and Everybody. One of her best songs ever  

Plus the only tour which her vocals were suitable for Rescue Me

5 hours ago, scion said:

Imagine if she had sang it between 2008-2012 🤣

🤣🤣 well, I like her vocals in 2012, I just think she sounded a bit tired, which for some reason pleases my ears, and I don't know why but whenever I sing to her songs, I realized I make myself sound tired as she does 🤣

Anyways, I must confess I prefer her out of tune vocals of 2008 then the excess of playback or live autotune she has used since RHT. I'm very thankful for the fact this autotune effect was reduced on the editing of Madame X Tour because when you listen to the audience recordings, it's like almost 100% of the show sung with that. Nowadays I have the impression she only sings well when she is sitting down, especially if it's someone else's song. I understand the age limitations but I think she also never cared much about it

7 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Excited that sticky and sweet was put in the trash at number 8.

What is all this hate towards S&S? I don't get it, it has always been my favorite tour. Is it because of her vocals, or because of HC, the fact that the show is more "general public", the Music remix? (this remix makes me want to be deaf)

10 hours ago, androiduser said:

not trying to be rude or disrespectful, just asking because i didn't follow the whole thread, but why is it taking so long to reveal the list?

Every entry is a video on YouTube , they take time to edit and I’ve been busy with other stuff. Both polls will be up in full before the tour starts xx

• Blue Jean changed the title to UPDATE: Madonna’s Greatest Tour POLL #7 revealed
1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Was it possible to rate the single performances of each tour too? I did not do that for the previous shows.

I don't agree with the seventh position anyway, I would have prefered Rebel Heart to be seventh. I would have put it lower I'm afraid. The point of this show is the music guys, a concert to be good has to have great music and, except the MDNA material, wich most of us agree is not her best artistic result, the arrangements of the old hits are mostly quite questionable (Hung up, Like a virgin - again in a waltz mood, Open your heart - wich doesn't feel like a coherent introduction to Sagarra Jo, Express yourself, Papa don't preach - highly awaited and just mentioned). The best one is Candy Shop for me, it really gave a new vibe to the track. Theatrically the first and the third acts are good but the second and the fourth are complete messes imo (the cheerleader thing was the first time I felt something she did embarassing). Also the costumes are not anything special (except the Gautier's cage bustier, Rebel Heart had amazing costumes). Most of its qualiy for me is given by the huge production, starting with that unbelievable stage, her best one maybe. It's not her worst but definitely not one of her best.

35 minutes ago, stefo said:

I don't agree with the seventh position anyway, I would have prefered Rebel Heart to be seventh. I would have put it lower I'm afraid. The point of this show is the music guys, a concert to be good has to have great music and, except the MDNA material, wich most of us agree is not her best artistic result, the arrangements of the old hits are mostly quite questionable (Hung up, Like a virgin - again in a waltz mood, Open your heart - wich doesn't feel like a coherent introduction to Sagarra Jo, Express yourself, Papa don't preach - highly awaited and just mentioned). The best one is Candy Shop for me, it really gave a new vibe to the track. Theatrically the first and the third acts are good but the second and the fourth are complete messes imo (the cheerleader thing was the first time I felt something she did embarassing). Also the costumes are not anything special (except the Gautier's cage bustier, Rebel Heart had amazing costumes). Most of its qualiy for me is given by the huge production, starting with that unbelievable stage, her best one maybe. It's not her worst but definitely not one of her best.

I think this tour has some of her greatest performances. The entire first section, Vogue, Like a Virgin, Celebration..

Overall it is weighed down by the slump in the middle. Turn up the Radio is particularly awful. What a strange choice to do that song of I all songs on guitar.

At the time the tour seems epic but when you look at it now even the brilliant performances are let down by the songs themselves. For example, Girl Gone Wild as a song has not aged well. And such an epic opening is cheapened by the song choice.

57 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I think this tour has some of her greatest performances. The entire first section, Vogue, Like a Virgin, Celebration..

Overall it is weighed down by the slump in the middle. Turn up the Radio is particularly awful. What a strange choice to do that song of I all songs on guitar.

At the time the tour seems epic but when you look at it now even the brilliant performances are let down by the songs themselves. For example, Girl Gone Wild as a song has not aged well. And such an epic opening is cheapened by the song choice.

I agree about Girl gone wild and the waste of such an epic intro and the staging of the track herself. That song is one of her lowest point for me, I can't feel her in there and I never did honestly.

The numbers I really enjoy of the tour, and I mean completely enjoy, musically, visually, energeticly, are Gang Bang, Vogue, Human Nature, Love Spent, I'm a sinner/Cyber-raga and Celebration. Those are excellent performances and ideas imo (the moving room, the mirrors coreo, the tripping bus, the pressing bustier: I mean WOW!), but there are too many weak points.

• Blue Jean changed the title to Madonna’s Greatest Tours POLL results 6pm UK time TONIGHT
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic