The Girlie Show Reunion - Niki, Donna Carlton & Co - MLVC Podcast 25th September

Neil

11 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Stefan obviously spends hours of his spare time a week doing this podcast. I really doubt he’s making a huge profit from this event, in fact, it’s probably the opposite in terms of covering the overall cost and time of doing the mlvc podcast. It is clearly a passion project by a dedicated fan, for other fans. Most of the content is free and nobody is forcing you to buy a ticket to this. Get some perspective please.

I'm an expert in the podcast production field. NOBODY ever charges 10$ for a single episode, especially when it comes to "passion projects". No matter how you put it, it's WAY OVERPRICED.

3 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

I'm an expert in the podcast production field. NOBODY ever charges 10$ for a single episode, especially when it comes to "passion projects". No matter how you put it, it's WAY OVERPRICED.

The 200 plus people that tuned in didn’t seem to think so

I didn't attend the event, but Niki talked about the shaving thing more than once over the years, something similar happened during DWT. On the Entertainment Weekly cover story about DWT Niki sounded very..Niki, saying the she was the once that convinced Madonna do to Holiday and stuff like that (I have the magazine, I should read aain the article). I believe she wasn't asked back for RIT becuase she was part of that Madonna's men documentary or something like that. The last time she and Madonna and Donna were pictured together was at the Swept Away Premiere, when they were both pregnant. 

17 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I should read aain the article). I believe she wasn't asked back for RIT becuase she was part of that Madonna's men documentary or something like that. 

No it was because while Madonna was exercising Niki was ordering room service

IMG_5974.jpeg

6 hours ago, PlayPause said:

They do ive done it for quite a few comedians ect it happened a lot during lockdown with musicians too.. Kylie, Melanie C. 10$ is normal. even if they arent big names. 

8 hours ago, PlayPause said:

Are you still complaining about TEN DOLLARS? I paid more than that for my breakfast this morning. Do you need me to Venmo you $10 babe?

2 hours ago, Ferguson87 said:

While I loved the event, I am also quite sad that it definitively put paid to my fantasy of Donna and Niki being the best kept secret of The Celebration Tour. 

That was never going to happen.

I do think they’ll reunite one day, not on tour but maybe a one off performance or appearance or something. Madonna knows they are significant to fans. She specifically stated they were in the script when she was working on the biopic.

3 hours ago, Ferguson87 said:

While I loved the event, I am also quite sad that it definitively put paid to my fantasy of Donna and Niki being the best kept secret of The Celebration Tour. 

I never expected it to happen.  Knowing the demand for them all to be on stage, I expect the two would be a bit expensive to have on stage, rather hire less known back up singers who may not even have to appear on stage.

I do think that at some point Madonna will join them on stage again for a future special and nostalgic performance.  She is very aware how much fans are wanting to see them all re-unite.

I know I'm going to sound bitter, but I don't mean to offend the people who make the podcast or those who agreed to be a part of it, but it's so frustrating how the chance is there because this is a project made by and for fans but it ends up being the same stuff we already know regurgitaded. Donna and Nikki have been saying the same thing forever and can't remember or know anything more than what we already know/guess. Anyway... Nice that it was to celebrate the 30th anniversary from an iconic tour.

18 hours ago, PlayPause said:

You clearly are not an expert. You’re even below what’s considered an amateur. There are countless podcasts that have a paid component through a Patreon or other subscription services. Almost all podcast networks have a paid subscription to listen to episodes without ads.

I wished they came back for this tour too. At least Niki wouldnt be asked to do squats. They had tiffs through the years (true or not, you only hear Nikis side of things) It was nice for M to be grounded. Perhaps she asked for more than she actually could do at the time. 

Too big for her boots? or M's ego going in a different direction, its happened to many as we know. She's still making money and well always love them, they are a staple of history because of M. 

Bad mouthing her years ago.. oh big mistake.. HUGE. *Insert Julia Roberts*  But I did think theyd surprise us this time. 

15 hours ago, DJ N A said:

Are you still complaining about TEN DOLLARS? I paid more than that for my breakfast this morning. Do you need me to Venmo you $10 babe?

Wow. I'm not complaining, I don't care at all, it's just facts.

Oh, and btw, 10$ for breakfast is a scam too. Facts.

On 9/26/2023 at 9:29 AM, Blue Jean said:

The 200 plus people that tuned in didn’t seem to think so

That's how scams work : people deny being fooled. Lucidity is a luxury.

Well. 200 people is not what I call a podcast success, especially when it's about one of the most famous people on the planet and an episode featuring 10+ guests, some of which we've haven't heard of in decades. It's a webinar.

You're not impressing me with "but it's a fan thing" argument. I'm a fan too and I have sometimes spent very stupid money on things that weren't worth it. I know how it works. Lucidity is a luxury.

You enjoy MLVC, good for you.

I think they're really pushing it too far. Remember the 20 minutes video they pulled out of the 20 seconds Celebration Tour teaser? Ridiculous and pointless. 

You think I'm a hater, I'm not. I just find their content very disappointing most of the time. I've read Wikipedia already. Lucidity is a luxury.

21 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

That's how scams work : people deny being fooled. Lucidity is a luxury.

Well. 200 people is not what I call a podcast success, especially when it's about one of the most famous people on the planet and an episode featuring 10+ guests, some of which we've haven't heard of in decades. It's a webinar.

You're not impressing me with "but it's a fan thing" argument. I'm a fan too and I have sometimes spent very stupid money on things that weren't worth it. I know how it works. Lucidity is a luxury.

You enjoy MLVC, good for you.

I think they're really pushing it too far. Remember the 20 minutes video they pulled out of the 20 seconds Celebration Tour teaser? Ridiculous and pointless. 

You think I'm a hater, I'm not. I just find their content very disappointing most of the time. I've read Wikipedia already. Lucidity is a luxury.

I'm not sure what your time is worth but I guarantee you have wasted more than $10 on the time you have spent typing about a podcast episode you were not interested in attending lol

6 hours ago, DjKingBee said:

I loved it.  Was so good to see Luca I had the biggest crush on him when I was 13. Everyone aged well … I would have loved to see Christopher … and for some reason I always remember weight being something between m and niki - I hope not tho 

I was obsessed with him!!! That scene where he and Michael and later Charles are making out during WISH won't play without distortion on my tape after all the rewinding and pauzing

1 hour ago, Pretender1978 said:

I was obsessed with him!!! That scene where he and Michael and later Charles are making out during WISH won't play without distortion on my tape after all the rewinding and pauzing

The bit where they rub their cocks together on the floor gave me my first ever erection