The Girlie Show Reunion - Niki, Donna Carlton & Co - MLVC Podcast 25th September

Neil

7 hours ago, PlayPause said:

Wow. I'm not complaining, I don't care at all, it's just facts.

"I don't care at all" you say yet you continue to post about it.

It may be your personal view that $10 is a "scam" because you don't feel that this podcast/webinar is worth $10 and that's fine. That's your OPINION and we are all welcome to our personal opinions.

The FACT of the matter is that over 200 people found $10 to be worth it to pay for the podcast/webinar. Many of us thoroughly enjoyed it and felt satisfied with our purchase. You may not agree with our decision. You may not agree that it was a success. But (again) that's your OPINION and not FACT.

Furthermore: what are you attempting to gain here by constantly complaining before and, now after, the podcast aired?  I just dropped $250 on the Blond Ambition Tour Jacket on M's merch site. Did it cost $250 to make that jacket? No. Am I more than happy and willing to pay $250 to buy it. Yes. Will I enjoy it? Most likely. Does your personal opinion on how I spend my money factor into my decision? Absolutely not.

For whatever reason, if you aren't interested in the product being offered - simply move on.

16 hours ago, deathproof said:

You clearly are not an expert. You’re even below what’s considered an amateur. There are countless podcasts that have a paid component through a Patreon or other subscription services. Almost all podcast networks have a paid subscription to listen to episodes without ads.

@deathproofI can testify he is, indeed, a pro in the field and he used to work at Universal too.

People can be scammed if they want to, there's no law against it, it's their choice but people are also free to call out something especially when they know what they are talking about. It reminds me being insulted on another Madonna forum because i said Debbie Harry and Chris Stein are well known cunts to journalists in interviews (which made me leave that forum) because it's my field. 

And that Madonna podcast is also very problematic for other reasons and most of the time it delivers less than its promises. Most of the time they digress from the subject. It's my point of view, you all have yours, they have theirs, deal with it. I don't care if he's a well known member of the Madonna community and you all know each other. It's way too much for what it is but people are free to ask the money they want for their work and people are free to spend their money on what they want while others are free to pass on the offer. It's called capitalism and it's killing us all. I just don't understand the agressive tone and witch hunt against @PlayPause, if you don't like what he says you are ALSO free to ignore his 10 cents. 

Just for the sake of balance in this thread, I paid the $10, had a joke at the expense of Niki Harris, and yet I still thoroughly enjoyed participating live. It was a privilege to have the opportunity to see these people reunited on camera for our viewing pleasure after 30 years, and I’m not really sure how anyone can argue against the value of that if you are indeed invested and fascinated enough by Madonna and her journey to participate in discussions about her on a forum. That is a fully conscious observation, and my participation was not just voluntary, but enthusiastically so! I’ve often wondered why we don’t have more opportunities for this type of content given how voracious fans can be, but reading this thread is a reminder of why the Madonna fan experience is a mostly solitary and private one. There’s so little solidarity in this community. Infinity is really a last bastion of some form of regular interaction for fans that is focused, honest and celebratory, but there’s still always the need for what comes across as contrarianism. I can only imagine this comes from some personal imbalance and dissatisfaction…while it’s one thing to seek objectivity about Madonna and anything related to her career, it’s entirely another to just want to shit on other people’s experience. The idea that anyone would insinuate that those of us who participated in this reunion are victims of a scam or lacking taste because we aren’t critical of the MLVC podcast and its content says more about you than us. If you can do better, go ahead! We will gladly come along for the ride. It’s easy to dismiss or criticize as a spectator, but when we dislike something and feel it isn’t up to our standards, that’s a clear invitation to use that energy more constructively. 

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

@deathproofI can testify he is, indeed, a pro in the field and he used to work at Universal too.

If he knows that much because of his resume, than he should be more familiar with the practices and background of the podcast industry. Just because it's a free form of media, doesn't mean there isnt premium content available...

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

People can be scammed if they want to, there's no law against it, it's their choice but people are also free to call out something especially when they know what they are talking about. It reminds me being insulted on another Madonna forum because i said Debbie Harry and Chris Stein are well known cunts to journalists in interviews (which made me leave that forum) because it's my field. 

scam

/skam/

noun

INFORMAL

a dishonest scheme; a fraud.

Help me understand how it is a 'scam' as you and @PlayPauseare claiming as I am otherwise assuming you guys are somehow bitter or jealous and are choosing buzz words for reaction. 

Eg - where is the dishonestly or fraud?

5 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

scam

/skam/

noun

INFORMAL

Help me understand how it is a 'scam' as you and @PlayPauseare claiming as I am otherwise assuming you guys are somehow bitter or jealous and are choosing buzz words for reaction. 

EXACTLY.

No "scam" happened.

MLVC said "for $10 you can have access to this exclusive reunion interview with the Girlie Show dancers/singers."

I paid my $10. I was given access to the reunion interview they promised. I left satisfied with my purchase and the experience.

The complete irony here is that he's complaining about a $10 podcast being a "scam" while Madonna herself is charging $2,400+ for premium seats to her Celebration Tour.

Screen Shot 2023-09-27 at 4.12.09 PM copy.jpg

In the nicest possible way, I wish some of you would grow the fuck up, and shut the fuck up. It's constant arguing over nothing. Take a deep breath and ask yourself, does it matter? Does the trouble maker matter?

You're all wonderful people but arguing over such rubbish is so unnecessary.

Do something different. Do your eyebrows.

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

If he knows that much because of his resume, than he should be more familiar with the practices and background of the podcast industry. Just because it's a free form of media, doesn't mean there isnt premium content available...

You really are full of yourself, aren't you ? Maybe you should take a few seats down. I don't know where you work and what you do for a living but imagine someone coming to you, working in a complete different field reading you based on bullshit....that's exactly what you are doing here. 

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

scam

/skam/

noun

INFORMAL

Are you 12 ? Bitter and jealous and wanting buzz ? From what and for what ? A Madonna forum ? Are you for real ? Social media has gone to everybody's heads, you think you all know better than professionals. Really, bitter and jealous ? Of what exactly ? Playpause and i we don't need forums and social media to exist. Check your ego guys. I can't believe this bs. You do realize that people from the international media and working in the music industry are reading these forums ? And we have Barnaby the barista explaining our jobs to us.

Playpause said $10 is not the average price for these podcast, especially non professional ones. But they are free to charge whatever they want and people are free to chose to pay that BUT it is way above the average price. You all got your panties into a twist because you are friends or something, i don't care. It is still harging way too much but you are free to like being abused.

I've known Playpause from somewhere else completly unrelated to Madonna and forums, for a long time, it took us  time to figure out we were on this forum together and i can testify he works in that field and knows about promo. It's not his pastime and he did not learn from the internet forums so really, y'all take a few seats back. Social media and being in your tiny little circles in forums give you the wrong impression of self importance. No one is jealous or bitter of podcasters or people on forums or social media. Only people who feel they exist because of these platforms think that way and coming from where we come from i can't stress out enough how ridiculous your reactions are. The only reason this forum has not been shut down on reasons of repeated copyright infringements is because record companies are aware files are being shared because they have people checking on them to decide if it is serious or not, so yes you'll get real people from real jobs in A&R and the media here and everywhere. We don't live and operate in a different world. We don't talk out of our asses either, that's what pissed me off with your reactions here. It's ok to not share the same opinion, it's ok to charge people money for your work, it's ok to not care about, it's ok to care about it but what is not ok is to look down on people who just told you they know because it is their work that you know better because, well, it's you. Don't act suprised if "insiders" do not share anything anymore because your reactions are always the same. 

There's no fuss about the podcast, it's their podcast, they do whatever the f they want to do wth it, they can even charge $100 or $1000 , there always will be people for that BUT no,  it's not the average price. That's it. Are we free to say it or what ? And frankly, if i were in his shoes in his shoes, from coming here and dealing with Madonna fans, i would have charged $10 000. No wonder Madonna and her children can't stand them. And another thing, the reason why Madonna cockblocked Niki, Luca etc...from her life is precisely because they kept and keep doing these interviews. From what i know (and not out of my ass) from another experience she considers this to be abusive and profiting from her. Correct me if i'm wrong but from what i understood, participants were donating their share to charity, so i guess they (hmmm NIKI) asked to be paid. In that case it has nothng to do with the podcaster. I may have understand wrong but it wouldn't be the first time (hmmm Maripol). 

So i'm taking a few seats back myself here, because it's not that bad and we don't need this negative energy . It's ok to defend your friend because you know where he comes from, that's what i do too here because i know regarding Playpause. For instance, Matt you are not my friend but i'd defend you if someone come here and tell you he knows better than you about Madonna collector items because we may not be friend but you know your shit and i trust you on this.

Al this because of Niki. 

3 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

You really are full of yourself, aren't you ? Maybe you should take a few seats down. I don't know where you work and what you do for a living but imagine someone coming to you, working in a complete different field reading you based on bullshit....that's exactly what you are doing here. 

Are you 12 ? Bitter and jealous and wanting buzz ? From what and for what ? A Madonna forum ? Are you for real ? Social media has gone to everybody's heads, you think you all know better than professionals. Really, bitter and jealous ? Of what exactly ? Playpause and i we don't need forums and social media to exist. Check your ego guys. I can't believe this bs. You do realize that people from the international media and working in the music industry are reading these forums ? And we have Barnaby the barista explaining our jobs to us.

Playpause said $10 is not the average price for these podcast, especially non professional ones. But they are free to charge whatever they want and people are free to chose to pay that BUT it is way above the average price. You all got your panties into a twist because you are friends or something, i don't care. It is still harging way too much but you are free to like being abused.

I've known Playpause from somewhere else completly unrelated to Madonna and forums, for a long time, it took us  time to figure out we were on this forum together and i can testify he works in that field and knows about promo. It's not his pastime and he did not learn from the internet forums so really, y'all take a few seats back. Social media and being in your tiny little circles in forums give you the wrong impression of self importance. No one is jealous or bitter of podcasters or people on forums or social media. Only people who feel they exist because of these platforms think that way and coming from where we come from i can't stress out enough how ridiculous your reactions are. The only reason this forum has not been shut down on reasons of repeated copyright infringements is because record companies are aware files are being shared because they have people checking on them to decide if it is serious or not, so yes you'll get real people from real jobs in A&R and the media here and everywhere. We don't live and operate in a different world. We don't talk out of our asses either, that's what pissed me off with your reactions here. It's ok to not share the same opinion, it's ok to charge people money for your work, it's ok to not care about, it's ok to care about it but what is not ok is to look down on people who just told you they know because it is their work that you know better because, well, it's you. Don't act suprised if "insiders" do not share anything anymore because your reactions are always the same. 

There's no fuss about the podcast, it's their podcast, they do whatever the f they want to do wth it, they can even charge $100 or $1000 , there always will be people for that BUT no,  it's not the average price. That's it. Are we free to say it or what ? And frankly, if i were in his shoes in his shoes, from coming here and dealing with Madonna fans, i would have charged $10 000. No wonder Madonna and her children can't stand them. And another thing, the reason why Madonna cockblocked Niki, Luca etc...from her life is precisely because they kept and keep doing these interviews. From what i know (and not out of my ass) from another experience she considers this to be abusive and profiting from her. Correct me if i'm wrong but from what i understood, participants were donating their share to charity, so i guess they (hmmm NIKI) asked to be paid. In that case it has nothng to do with the podcaster. I may have understand wrong but it wouldn't be the first time (hmmm Maripol). 

So i'm taking a few seats back myself here, because it's not that bad and we don't need this negative energy . It's ok to defend your friend because you know where he comes from, that's what i do too here because i know regarding Playpause. For instance, Matt you are not my friend but i'd defend you if someone come here and tell you he knows better than you about Madonna collector items because we may not be friend but you know your shit and i trust you on this.

Al this because of Niki. 

I called out your bulls*** as you and @PlayPause have referred to it as a scam (which you didn't address in your lengthy reply)

It is absolutely not a scam - the consumers who purchased the experience got what was advertised. 

17 hours ago, PlayPause said:

That's how scams work : people deny being fooled. Lucidity is a luxury.

Well. 200 people is not what I call a podcast success, especially when it's about one of the most famous people on the planet and an episode featuring 10+ guests, some of which we've haven't heard of in decades. It's a webinar.

You're not impressing me with "but it's a fan thing" argument. I'm a fan too and I have sometimes spent very stupid money on things that weren't worth it. I know how it works. Lucidity is a luxury.

You enjoy MLVC, good for you.

I think they're really pushing it too far. Remember the 20 minutes video they pulled out of the 20 seconds Celebration Tour teaser? Ridiculous and pointless. 

You think I'm a hater, I'm not.

I don't think that. You are entitled to your opinion about the pricing but I think saying it is a scam is just not true. The fact you work in that field doesn't make your opinion anymore valid than everyone else's.

15 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

The only person here that full of themself is you. You jumped into this conversation without even knowing the correct discourse. The proof is in the pudding.

On 9/28/2023 at 2:02 AM, Roland Barthes said:

There's no fuss about the podcast, it's their podcast, they do whatever the f they want to do wth it, they can even charge $100 or $1000 , there always will be people for that BUT no,  it's not the average price. That's it.

That was exactly and solely my point. The rest is insults thrown at me especially from @deathproof

On 9/28/2023 at 2:53 AM, Blue Jean said:

The fact you work in that field doesn't make your opinion anymore valid than everyone else's.

What can I say. Next time you need insight on the podcast business you can ask the baker round the corner or the hairdresser from across the street. Maybe they have an opinion based on what they don't know.

11 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

That was exactly and solely my point. The rest is insults thrown at me especially from @deathproof

What can I say. Next time you need info on the podcast business you can ask the baker round the corner or the hairdresser from across the street. Maybe they have an opinion based on what they don't know.

I was referring to you calling it a scam. 

And I don’t need info about podcasts. But If you need to build up your clientele you perhaps should contact MLVC and give them a price list.