The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

5 hours ago, Donna said:

I had no doubt! I knew she'd pull it off. :party: It's unfortunate it had the hiccup at the beginning, but she came back full force.  But people were doubting the tour before she got sick.  Unfortunately, some just remember the few performances they find fault in, forgetting this woman rock the stage for 40 years prior with very little cancellations and issues. Then, MXT happened, and some just assumed the same would happen.  Never underestimate her. Again, she proved all those people wrong.  She's a true professional in the end, and not one cancellation made once she rescheduled the whole tour.  And she did it very quickly as well.  Not only that, there are a lot of artists may have just called it a day and just scrapped the whole tour. Not her!  I'm proud of her and proud to be a fan of hers.  She never disappoints!  Even the few things I might find fault in, never replaces the years of entertainment and enjoyment I've gotten out of her. She's definitely a world treasure in the entertainment business. Very few people have the stamina and extreme determination to keep forging ahead and showing the world that she isn't going anywhere! :luv:

She’s definitely not stopping anytime soon because of the amazing overall positive feedback . I don’t think she’s going to do a “celebration: the after party tour” for at least another decade but she’ll pepper whatever big or small tour she does next with tweaked classics she missed this time around along with La isla Bonita. For me, it was amazing to share this tour over a few dates with close firends and generations of family, including my brother who drove me to the Virgin Tour when I was only 14 as well as 3 nephews all in their early 20s, including the openly straight one I brought to the Palm Springs show and he loved it.

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but how amazing 🤩 

IMG_7753.thumb.jpeg.4b6e6376eb4e7688b5d2ab2936e03fb2.jpeg

The Celebration Tour is Madonna’s sixth trek to gross more than $100 million. The only other acts to achieve this are the Eagles, The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, and U2, making her the sole woman in this elite group.

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/madonna-the-celebration-tour-225-million-1235674536/

3 hours ago, zephyr in the sky at night said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but how amazing 🤩 

IMG_7753.thumb.jpeg.4b6e6376eb4e7688b5d2ab2936e03fb2.jpeg

The Celebration Tour is Madonna’s sixth trek to gross more than $100 million. The only other acts to achieve this are the Eagles, The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen, and U2, making her the sole woman in this elite group.

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/madonna-the-celebration-tour-225-million-1235674536/

As per schedule

11 hours ago, Andymad said:

I'm all for part 2 of the tour come on second mortgage lets get sickening

LOL!  Not impossible to happen because it would be a good money maker.  The attention from RIO surely would help sell tickets.  But as time goes on, it will be less and less likely. 

On the other hand, I think she's ready to move on.  I suspect the next tour will include new material.  :pray:

On 5/10/2024 at 2:21 AM, Magic Pussy said:

She’s definitely not stopping anytime soon because of the amazing overall positive feedback . I don’t think she’s going to do a “celebration: the after party tour” for at least another decade but she’ll pepper whatever big or small tour she does next with tweaked classics she missed this time around along with La isla Bonita. For me, it was amazing to share this tour over a few dates with close firends and generations of family, including my brother who drove me to the Virgin Tour when I was only 14 as well as 3 nephews all in their early 20s, including the openly straight one I brought to the Palm Springs show and he loved it.

🤣

On 5/9/2024 at 3:40 AM, dankpepe said:

In retrospect, it's kind of wild how this whole tour played out. After that clumsy performance with Maluma and her face at the Grammys, I thought this tour was going to be a disaster. Then her near death illness happened making me think the tour would be permanently cancelled and she'd never perform again.

In the end, she bounced back and put on one of the best shows she's ever done culminating in a performance in front of 1.6 million people. I never thought any of this would've happened.

I remember. You were so negative in early october before the beginning of the tour :laughing: 

Another exclusive of Drowned Madonna!!!

DM ARTICLE — Pollstar's in-depth interview with Guy Oseary, Madonna's longtime manager; Sara Zambreno, her co-manager; and Arthur Fogel, head of Global Touring for Live Nation, unveils fascinating insights into the triumphs and challenges of Madonna's monumental Celebration Tour.

Madonna's Celebration Tour pays homage to her trailblazing four-decade career, offering a mesmerizing odyssey through her unparalleled achievements.

The Genesis of "The Celebration Tour"

According to Guy Oseary, the conception of "The Celebration Tour" unfolded organically. He explains, "We just get together and talk and go, ‘What do we do next? You know it’s the 40-year anniversary.’ So it’s like, ‘Do we or don’t we?’ It just made sense to go out there and celebrate 40 years of an incredible career."

Navigating Madonna's Vast Artistic Landscape

Reflecting on the challenge of curating Madonna's prolific career, Sara Zambreno shares, "At one point we were in meetings and saying we could just do the ‘80s as a tour and then come back another year and just do the ‘90s. It was an embarrassment of riches, of songs and visuals and costumes and videos to choose from. And how do you pick? Everyone’s going to have a different opinion on what makes the most sense to put on screen. At the end of the day the best solve was just her voice, her narrative, her story and how she wanted to tell it."

Madonna: Pioneering the Path

Sara Zambreno highlights Madonna's unparalleled influence, stating, "Honestly, Madonna is unbelievable, no one could have done what she’s done. Madonna leads the charge. She picks the creatives that she wants to get together with and gets them all in a room and everyone starts creating together. ‘I like this, I don’t like that. More of this, less of that.’ It’s her leading it all, which is why it works. There’s a strong voice that’s giving a very strong opinion. It’s a great process and she’s involved in every part of that process. She’s the most organized person you will ever meet. She gives people the opportunity to really shine."

Behind the Scenes: The Creative Collaborators

"When you talk about the costumes, you have Eyob Yohannes, who did costumes on 'Madame X,' and came together with Rita Melssen, who, on the last tour was her assistant and is now a full-blown costume designer and stylist," says Zambreno. "They worked nonstop, seven days a week to get everything done. I would say that’s one (career) through-line She really does take a chance and uplift people to find their own craft."

Zambreno continues to highlight other key contributors: "Jamie King, the tour director, is amazing. He’s been with her for so many tours. They speak the same vocabulary and he’s really excellent at translating things to the stage. And then Louis James came in and also helped as creative director and his sketches and some of his ideas, like the idea for the doppelganger, came out of a meeting with Madonna. There’s quite a few people. Ric Lipson, our stage architect, was there from the first date, sketching out ideas and showing how to make New York look like a stage and the cake from 'Like a Virgin' be in the middle of the stage. And then he brought in Rob Sinclair, our lighting designer, who has literally been working on this since, I think, October 2022."

"And then Madonna brought in Sasha Kasiuha to be her content director, who she first met when she was editing 'Madame X.' And Sasha just learned how to edit to work on that project and now he did the content for all those screens and put together 'Live to Tell' with the AIDS memorial. It’s quite an amazing, amazing team that Jamie oversees, but it’s people who really have their own spaces and work directly with Madonna to bring it to life."

Madonna's Life-Threatening Bacterial Infection 

In late June of last year, as rehearsals transitioned from New York City in April to Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York, just weeks before the tour’s launch, Madonna faced a grave health scare that threatened to derail her highly anticipated tour: a severe, life-threatening bacterial infection. Hospitalized on Saturday, June 24, Madonna required several days of intensive care.

Fortunately, Madonna made a full recovery, and the ordeal only served to deepen the significance of "The Celebration Tour" and strengthen the bond between her team and fans.

However, due to the medical emergency, twenty-three North American arena dates had to be postponed or canceled.

“The tour is called ‘The Celebration Tour,’ so we’re celebrating her career, but we’re also celebrating her life,” says Guy Oseary. “It’s remarkable how it coincided with her 40-year anniversary, and then something like this happened. It didn’t require a shift in focus; it simply added an extra layer of meaning. It didn’t alter the essence of the show; it just infused it with more emotion. Everything was already a blessing, but it became even more profound after what she endured and triumphed over.”

Madonna: Target of Criticism, Beacon of Resilience

Arthur Fogel reflects on her resilience: “All that she’s had to endure, she’s a target, right? And that comes with the territory for a lot of celebrities and certainly artists get that. She’s had to endure a lot as that target because she takes so many risks in her career, is upfront about it and doesn’t shy away from a lot of the things that people react strongly to one way or the other. But on this tour and show you realize her catalog of hits, apart from everything else, the actual hit after hit after hit, that Madonna is such a strong musical force in the pop world for so long that it’s just awe-inspiring.”

Celebration Tour Grand Finale

On May 4, Madonna wrapped up her Celebration Tour with a monumental concert on Rio de Janeiro’s Copacabana Beach. Drawing an unprecedented crowd of 1.6 million, it set records for stand-alone concerts, marking it as the most magnificent finale to date.

“It was unbelievable,” says Fogel. “It was an incredible experience and pretty flawless pulling it off in the end. It wasn’t easy to get there, as you can imagine, there was a lot to deal with …”

“The navy was even there protecting the beach,” Fogel says. “Seriously, there were Navy destroyers just a few hundred yards off the beach controlling the boat action and access. It was amazing.”

Record-Breaking Figures

"The Celebration Tour" amassed an astronomical $227.2 million in revenue and sold 1.1 million tickets across 80 shows from Oct. 14, 2023, to May 4, 2024, according to Pollstar Boxoffice reports (excluding her final Rio date as it was a free show). Additionally, it secured the No. 3 spot on Pollstar’s 2024 Q1 Worldwide Top 100 Artist Grosses chart.

#madonnacelebrationtour

15 hours ago, Sheridan1980 said:

I remember. You were so negative in early october before the beginning of the tour :laughing: 

I don't recall being negative in October. I was excited about the Drowned Madonna teasers and was curious how a greatest hits tour would work.

6 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Question... I see so many new uploads of re-broadcasts, and i appreciate all the work. But are any of the broadcasts out there have the original vocals? I mean the vocals that are actually hers that night and not dubbed like the broadcast vocals... 

It's definitely beyond my skill set but depending on how the audio channels were broadcast from Rio, someone might be able to isolate her live vocals from the backing tracks, essentially how someone did it for her "Living For Love" Grammy broadcast in 2015. Similarly, she's singing live over pre-recorded vocals and instrumentals. The resulting mix was interesting and "proved" to a few tabloids she can still sing live but it wasn't necessarily something you'd throw on at a party. 

• RUADJAI unpinned this topic