The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

2 hours ago, Cyber-Raga said:

They only had one PIT and that one was only 1/3 of its capacity. People were moving around freely and having lots of space. 
Great show. She was in much better shape tonight than in London - not as stiff. Oh and now we know that Bad Girl is not live :seeno:

This video misses the first part 

15 minutes ago, scion said:

Seems unlikely, as the second Antwerp show she really fluffed the lyrics.

I saw and heard it myself. I was standing right in front of her in that corner of the pit and looked directly at her. oh well, it still is a great song and performance. not saying it wasn't live in Antwerp, but tonight the first verse wasn't for sure. 

40 minutes ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

This video misses the first part 

36 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

I saw and heard it myself. I was standing right in front of her in that corner of the pit and looked directly at her. oh well, it still is a great song and performance. not saying it wasn't live in Antwerp, but tonight the first verse wasn't for sure. 

Live vocal kicks in at 0.06 - you can even hear the live mic ambient noise. It's live with a full 1993 studio vocal supporting her. You can hear the change, and the age of her voice (increased vibrato). It also looks ridiculous, she could easily be singing that fine without the guide track.

1 hour ago, scion said:

Live vocal kicks in at 0.06 - you can even hear the live mic ambient noise. It's live with a full 1993 studio vocal supporting her. You can hear the change, and the age of her voice (increased vibrato). It also looks ridiculous, she could easily be singing that fine without the guide track.

Yes, sounds very live, there is a backing track supporting her - but I have heard many 'flat notes' so it's live in a lot of it.

2 hours ago, McDonna said:

I personally believe she's singing live over a backing track like many of the other songs on tour.  I suspect there are parts of the song she lets it support her more. 

I watched many videos on line and, back track or not, she sings live, as many details change from concert to concert

1 hour ago, Je Suis Lart said:

The danish reviews from the newspapers are not the best

I really don't get the bad reviews for this show, what do they say about it?

3 hours ago, MikeyK said:

Oh I’m sure she does have a track helping her, I was just surprised to hear it didn’t seem live at all. Perhaps her voice isn’t back to 100% where she wants it to be after being unwell last week so she’s relying more on it.

You can CLEARLY hear her live vocals come in after the water bottle, yes there is a backing track but you can clearly hear it when she starts singing over it. Take a listen to that video posted here 

2 hours ago, scion said:

Yes she starts singing at " to hide my feelings from youuuuu"

So as we allready knew, live with a backing track ( original vocals)

8 minutes ago, Roy said:

I will say, her making the crowd chant at the end made the encore make more sense.

They should signal the audience to chant for her for the upcoming shows. :D

Let’s make it a TikTok challenge (just as Beyoncés mute challenge which was so dumb). 

5 hours ago, scion said:

She needs the backing track; if it were just her voice alone without any enhancements, I think you'd hear it as off-key. With the backing track, you hear her voice and, blending with the studio version, it greatly improves the effect. However, I too would prefer to hear her voice on its own.

12 minutes ago, FraP said:

She needs the backing track; if it were just her voice alone without any enhancements, I think you'd hear it as off-key. With the backing track, you hear her voice and, blending with the studio version, it greatly improves the effect. However, I too would prefer to hear her voice on its own.

I do not agree, because in the 2nd verse its mostly her live vocals, almost no backing track in the 2nd verse and she sounds fine. Have you heard her accapella bits in this tour so far? She sounds fine..  

1 hour ago, FraP said:

This is her first tour since 2004 that she could actually afford vocally to sing with minimal support.

1 hour ago, True Blue 84 said:

I do not agree, because in the 2nd verse its mostly her live vocals, almost no backing track in the 2nd verse and she sounds fine. Have you heard her accapella bits in this tour so far? She sounds fine..  

She would sound ok, but with the backing track she sounds good.
She always sang good acapella, except for the S&S Tour.

1 hour ago, FraP said:

Not every song or parts have backing tracks, Listen to vogue in Antwerpen, she is late and forgets the first few lines, you can only hear the music, no backing vocals at all, and then she starts singing live later as she appeard to late and she sounds good, also i will survive sounds great. I don't mind the backing tracks at all but she sounds good singing over them because she sounds good...

On 10/26/2023 at 9:52 AM, scion said:

This is her first tour since 2004 that she could actually afford vocally to sing with minimal support.

I should preface this by saying I haven't listened to the entire show, but I've listened to many performances, and this is my opinion. It seems to me that vocally she is about where she was during the Rebel Heart Tour. Not perfect, but decent, and with a good backing vocals support, she manages to make a good impression. I remember that during the RHT, due to Monte Pittman's mistake, she sang Open Your Heart two semitones above the original key (which she had lowered quite a bit on the MDNA Tour, if I'm not mistaken).
And even though she wasn't confident with those notes, she did quite well.

During the RHT, she seemed "perfect" to almost everyone. Then, soundboard/audio from her IEMs came out, and it became apparent how she would struggle without backing vocals in many songs.

During the Re-invention Tour, her voice was a whole different thing; the sound emission was much clearer and freer.
She was more trained.

Yes, I also think (even though I'm not sure) she could sing "Bad Girl" without backing vocals or only use them in the chorus at a slightly lower volume. At least at the beginning of this tour, I know her performance are going to be worse in the next months.

9 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

IMG_6333.jpeg

IMG_6334.jpeg

IMG_6335.jpeg

IMG_6336.jpeg

IMG_6337.jpeg

IMG_6338.jpeg

IMG_6339.jpeg

IMG_6340.jpeg

IMG_6341.jpeg

L-U-V this Brazilian acclaim right from my very Cidade Maravilhosa aka Rio de Janeiro!!! Btw, I don't recall O GLOBO being mean to M in the past ever (maybe I'm wrong but...) Other outlet media however...  But I don't wanna start a fire, esp by talking of dead things (literally).

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic