The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

13 minutes ago, DjKingBee said:

Hung up on tokishcha is needed to bridge the sex of JML into hung up. 

I for one am a huge fan of the tokisha version so very happy she adddrd it. 

PERIOD. 
mic drop. 

I like it too and agree - hence why I think hung up is best placed elsewhere - but each to their own!

HUOT has WLW in it, yes, but I never associated the OG Hung Up as a particularly sexual song. I know, it's Madonna, there can be a sexual subtext to everything she does and she did so some suggestive moves when performing it originally like humping a boom box, but it isn't JML or Erotica, just isn't the same kind of song.

The closest I can think for narrative sense is the Hung Up performance is the prelude to Bad Girl, showing the hedonistic partying that the character in Bad Girl is starting to regret. It does end with kissing a stranger's lips, after all ;)

Edited by Kae-Leah Williamson
typo (see edit history)

lol I personally love HOT - the pride performance was EVERYTHING.

But, the tour, my thoughts are it was classy up to that point. Then we have T going 'you're probably getting fucked' lol - classic Madonna yes lol - and then we go classy after that with a beautify rendition of bad girl - so thematically yes it does go there, but stylistically maybe not.

22 minutes ago, Valdu25 said:

I was randomly scrobbling Madonna song when "Wash All Over Me" came straight after "Rain" finished and I was picturing how it could be amazing as the last song before the encore.

Rebel Heart is a really good album, I'm sad that she doesn't acknowledge it that much. 

She loves Bitch I’m Madonna and Hold Tight because she gets most of the royalties on the one. 

16 hours ago, Kae-Leah Williamson said:

Yes, I can see the thong in this pic clearly, thanks for sharing. In mediocre quality videos, it looks like they're truly bottomless. Most of the dancers in the faux "orgy" dance in JML are also wearing nude bodysuits. I think the most unsimulated nudity in the show is the topless dancers in Hung Up, which didn't seem truly necessary for that song, IMHO, as it would suit the song better for them to wear disco-inspired clothing like the Confessions Tour but hey, this is Madonna we're talking about ;)...

The topless dancers have few statements there. They are a reference to the Girlie Show where all of the dancers had a short or shaved head and wear clothes without gender values. Madonna wanted to be a celebration of that and she even mocks the gender when she does the Bye Bye Baby and gives the speech about 'We are Men and we ***ck women...(we do?)" 

Also as she has shown in the past she is against the censorship of women nipples and being topless. Hung Up is a about her not following those games anymore and moving on. If with Express Yourself she was saying not to be a passive woman and take control in Hung Up she is saying she has enough and she doesn't need him. Being topless reflects part of that feminist statement.

15 hours ago, scion said:

For me, Rain could be removed and full Hung Up put in its place.

I totally agree with me, you handsome devil.

14 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Si 

it makes so much more sense there, use the giant cube at the from of the stage and the space bodysuit 

Rain just doesn't work, from what I've seen it just deflates the pace. My one and only show is tonight.

13 hours ago, missberic said:

It's sad to hear that people are leaving the show thinking she's miming through most of it, but we gotta blame the loud backup track for that. There was a list somewhere detailing which bits are live and which aren't and basically the only lipped parts are Everybody's choruses, Erotica and JML! 

The thing is, she could save all the vocal support on the track she needs and still not have her own voice in it at all... But she prefers the mimed appearance which unfortunately a lot of this show has to a casual observer.

3 hours ago, Valdu25 said:

I was randomly scrobbling Madonna song when "Wash All Over Me" came straight after "Rain" finished and I was picturing how it could be amazing as the last song before the encore.

Rebel Heart is a really good album, I'm sad that she doesn't acknowledge it that much. 

A friend of mine once told me a very good reason why M would avoid to perform Rebel Heart ballads the most no matter how beloved they are by fans and even by the GP. They are very hard to be sung (by both vocally and sentimentally), they touch in very private issues of M's herstory. In a tour with In This Life, Live to Tell and Mother & Father, singing a song where she states her own unability to get things better no matter what she does and the unavoidable conclusion it's better to "go with the flow" and be just carried by the "rainstorm" would be too much for her. In fact, I would go further and tell Rain's chopping lyrics was very necessary to the narrative of concert - ending the song abruptly, before the crucial middle 8, was a way to state future can end to a whole nothing anytime. With this perspective, WAOM wouldn't even be needed as a segue to Rain, its message was already given with the abrupt cut of the latter tune.

3 hours ago, Honey Little said:

She loves Bitch I’m Madonna and Hold Tight because she gets most of the royalties on the one. 

BIM was written by ten million people. So was Hold Tight. She gets 25% like with most songs she “writes” with 10 other people a la Revolver. If anything Burning Up and Everybody are songs she loves to perform because she is the sole credited writer on those. 

15 minutes ago, Cyber-Raga said:

BIM was written by ten million people. So was Hold Tight. She gets 25% like with most songs she “writes” with 10 other people a la Revolver. If anything Burning Up and Everybody are songs she loves to perform because she is the sole credited writer on those. 

So why Gambler's not performed since 1985??? *I get ur point dear do not worry*

16 hours ago, missberic said:

It's sad to hear that people are leaving the show thinking she's miming through most of it, but we gotta blame the loud backup track for that. There was a list somewhere detailing which bits are live and which aren't and basically the only lipped parts are Everybody's choruses, Erotica and JML! 

I don’t think this is that significant. Most reputable critics have made a point to say that she sounded good live.

4 hours ago, scion said:

The thing is, she could save all the vocal support on the track she needs and still not have her own voice in it at all... But she prefers the mimed appearance which unfortunately a lot of this show has to a casual observer.

Huh? I really think you’re overblowing that. Again, most people who went seem to be saying she sounds quite good. The most criticism I see are just from shit talking morons on social media that are judging based on 10 second poorly shot videos from someone’s phone, and who really gives a fuck about people like that.

It seems her team is on forums and know what fans want, and Madonna is finally making wishes come true.

Delivering Rescue Me on Madame X (she didn't do it justice with that moaning and gloomy vibe) and delivering a lot of songs on The Celebration Tour (Nothing Really Matters, Everybody, Justify My Love, Erotica,  Bedtime Story, Bad Girl) aren't a coincidence.

BTW Justify My Love was gloomy too. It could have been better.

15 minutes ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

I agree and from all the footage I have seen in the later parts of the show I dont see many empty seats at all.

That person probably was seeing the empty seats BEHIND the stage.  LOL! 

I agree; totally overblown.  People aren't leaving and more than not I'm seeing positive reviews.  There is no way someone like Madonna won't escape negative criticism with anything she does.  So we can either just enjoy the show as is, or let those few negative Nancys have a louder voice by paying attention to them.

2 hours ago, MikeyK said:

Huh? I really think you’re overblowing that. Again, most people who went seem to be saying she sounds quite good. The most criticism I see are just from shit talking morons on social media that are judging based on 10 second poorly shot videos from someone’s phone, and who really gives a fuck about people like that.

Agree 100% 

2 hours ago, Justice said:

It seems her team is on forums and know what fans want, and Madonna is finally making wishes come true.

Delivering Rescue Me on Madame X (she didn't do it justice with that moaning and gloomy vibe) and delivering a lot of songs on The Celebration Tour (Nothing Really Matters, Everybody, Justify My Love, Erotica,  Bedtime Story, Bad Girl) aren't a coincidence.

BTW Justify My Love was gloomy too. It could have been better.

Well, I believe all these songs fit in the narrative she's doing for this tour. All of them tell a story directly related to her. Plus she's not doing new songs this time so there's more space for usually forgotten gems like the songs you mentioned.

She's doing a different approach this time, and I don't see her doing a selfconfessional and so referential tour again, especially with this amount of songs that talk heavily to her heart. That's why I don't believe she'll do a Celebration Tour part 2. She could even deliver a typical GH Tour the way Kylie's Showgirl Tour or even Cher's "Farewell" Tour were done, but it won't be the same as this Celebration Tour. Sorry for being aggressive to your thread, Justice, I apologize myself. I know when I'm wrong. @thiagosb(sorry if you're spoiler free, if so, just read these words and move away from this thread), the same I feel for you and your own thread. I am actually tired of not getting a new M album but I am aware she needs more time to deliver something can be proud to. Just like this tour. I honestly believe you're actually right in your schedule. I just don't trust in M herself to deliver it in the years you said!

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic