The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

7 minutes ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

Different hair style? and is that something different she is wearing on her leg?

She complained with the audience last night about her hair being a mess in the "Don't Tell Me" section, so maybe she feels it's too long now, or Barcelona's weather, the new second section wig effect after, or whatever.

I agree that being out so late takes away some of the fun, but there was a big bad communication issue with this one. Organization said she was due at 20:30, which we all know it wasn't going to be true, since she's been around 21:30 or later in previous European dates. But for general public she was out an hour and a half late, which is quite bad. Luckily once the show starts it's a non-stop blast and it's worth it so...

5 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Dude be grateful to have her among us, in a show that according to the ones who have attended, is the best since confessions, and that’s no easy feat

Honestly let it go, it doesn’t look good that with just a few posts you came into a forum that is mostly dedicated to declare our love for Madonna to keep insisting on her flaws and on declaring freedom of speech and blind fans

She's amazing, wonderful, magical, she’s not perfect, we know, yes we know! but she’s the best that we have, she’s an inspiration, an icon, a religion, 

Let us enjoy and appreciate the great gift that is having her spreading her word, and joy, even if she sounds flat or misses a beat. We simply don’t care. 

It happens that I can count myself among those who attended the show. I saw the opening night, and I'll see it again in Lisbon. I was very excited, as I am every time I've seen Madonna up close. I had the feeling that she looked at me three times, and it was a beautiful feeling since I've admired this woman for most of my life.

But I'm at a stage in life where I've let go of idol worship. I no longer blindly idolize. I understand that love also involves recognizing flaws, seeing what worsens and what improves. One shouldn't be blind, one shouldn't perpetually stay in the infatuation and extreme idealization phase. It's about synthesizing thesis and antithesis; that's the dialectic, and that's the knowledge that underlies true love.

If I say she was off-key, it doesn't mean I don't love her. If I say the ending left some people a bit confused, it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the concert.

If many say it's the best since the Confessions era, I don't agree but I respect this opinion, it's just my personal taste. The tour is great and probably better than Madame X and MDNA Tour. But I loved the RHT, and I loved Sticky & Sweet more than this one (although I'm still evaluating it). I'm happy that she's alive and did a show like this. 

I'm a superfan of Mother And Father, it's one of the songs I listen to most often. I remember all the performances from the Re-Invention Tour, the acoustic one on TV, the one at La Cantine du Faubourg; they were all vocally excellent or even outstanding. This is a different story; you can see she has technical difficulties (as others more knowledgeable than me have explained), and the autotune fails to correct the cracks and the pitch problems well when she holds the long note in "give it UUUUUUUUUUUUUP."

Did I still enjoy it? Yes. Did I notice that it wasn't comparable to those from the RIT? Yes.

5 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

I never said that, and i would never say that. I critisize her sometimes to, but some people just keep nitpicking over everything vocal wise, and thats their choise, I can't stop them. But for me, she sounds fine this tour, way better than what i was expecting when she anounced the tour. To me she sounds fine, not perfect but fine. And im thankfull the tour is that good, fans and even critics love it so.... No hate...

I'm not nitpicking.

I'm just saying this show is AMAZING, but her voice is not in a great condition and I did not love the ending.

I love her, no hate. 

5 hours ago, Jackie said:

Look - she’s never been a live singer we know this lol nothings changed it’s Madonna 

I don't agree with you. She always sang beautifullly till the Confessions Tour.

Edited by FraP (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, FraP said:

I don't agree with you. She always sang beautifullly till the Confessions Tour.

Did she now?  Look, I'm the first to admit she hasn't the perfect voice, but to me it doesn't matter. I've known that since the 80s.  But it's apparent you speak about not "blindly idolizing" only to make the most ridiculous  "blinded" claim ever, by stating she sang beautifully til the Confessions Tour.  :ahh: And while I admit, she's had a lot of great moments vocally, but I can post a handful of videos where her vocals were hardly what one would call "beautiful".  Starting with this one.... and I'm speaking about her ROL vocals:

I also recall she's had some bad vocals on the Who's That Girl Tour and Blond Ambition Tour as well.  So let's not pretend she's been perfect until a certain point. She's always struggled with great live vocals, but she's also had many great live vocal moments before and she still has even after Confessions Tour.  But again, I don't care!  I've accepted since becoming a fan that she's not the most greatest singer.  And while the ROL performance may not have the greatest vocals, she still put on one hell of a show.  She still does. That's all that matters!

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

She complained with the audience last night about her hair being a mess in the "Don't Tell Me" section, so maybe she feels it's too long now, or Barcelona's weather, the new second section wig effect after, or whatever.

yeah her hair looked fluffy the night before 

1 hour ago, Michael_Py said:

Today’s show was fire again! I had a blast! 

Some facts:

- She wore grillz. I saw them during the second and third act. 
- she wore Braids during the Cowboy section.

To have a lisp and sound Shpanishhh? 

To beat the dead horse of vocals, she's always been the kind of entertainer who's very much about the whole package, if you will, then just vocals. Her early tours had relatively mediocre live vocals, but great dancing and stage presence. I think also there's a certain expressive quality to her voice that is distinctive, even if she's technically not the most amazing vocalist in the world. Her vocals on this tour have been kinda hit-or-miss, but still better than that awful Eurovision performance. For a 65-year-old who had a bad health scare earlier this year, she's doing fine. 

46 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

I think the singing has been very important in her carreer, and her voice is very very iconic and recognizable so for me the singing is important, but I think she is singing quite nice on this tour.

This!... 

I wonder if Taylor swift, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Janet, fans and many more bitch this much about vocals lol. All of these are worse than Madonna imo.  

6 hours ago, Michael_Py said:

Today’s show was fire again! I had a blast! 

Some facts:

- She wore grillz. I saw them during the second and third act. 
- she wore Braids during the Cowboy section.

- the ballroom judge was Ursula Corbero from “La Casa de Papel”

- her speeches were really good, call of us fans her children ❤️ 

Glad you had a great time 

Michael Jackson never sang a live note again after the Bad tour. I've never seen his fans complain. In his late years he even incorporated janet's vocals in his routines as his own (you know you want this)....Britney did not even bother to move her lips. Never seen her fans complain. Beyoncé and Gaga have super loud backtracks and the only time i saw the latter it was so loud that it even covered the music. Beyoncé both times i saw her she mostly sang a lot of added ad libs over the backing track to cover it. I've watch clips of  Taylor Swift live and not only she moves like a cripled person being tazed but her voice is terrible live (which i did not expected) also. Never seen the fans complain. I'm a super fan of Depeche Mode and Dave Gahan has a shit voice live and screams a lot (way too much), never seen a fan complain. I'd rather eat shit than see Celine Dion live, i absolutely loathe what she does, i don't even think she sings good, screaming in tune does not equal singing, it's like showing off how big one's dick is. I absolutely and definitely think that tv shows about singing with judges have ZERO artistic qualities and even less creativity and "artists" who have emerged from this shit shows are lame AF. Yep, loacal star Kelly Clarckson is a nice girl but she has the charisma of a pastries seller in New Jersey and she's basically a karaoke singer.

i've seen Madonna live many times and she was vocally very good some nights and very shit other nights, on the same tours. Re-Invention is where she sang the best imo, at lest both times i saw it but NKM and DAD were 100% lipped and it pissed me off. Confessions was very good also but Sorry was lipped and since she sang it 2 meters away from me and even looked at me (us) while on the left platform i could totally see and hear it. But most of the time, even with a back track she's singing liveeven when we think she's not like Vogue on RIT, it was not the same voice both nights but she nailed it and if lipping can pass on record, in the venue it sounds completly different, you can tell when it's live and when she's singing, the echo is not the same. 

And sometimes a very good singer can be shit even when she sings good, i adore PJ Harvey, saw her many times live but the last time she made my ears bleed because she decided to sing only in her upper register and after a few tracks i had enough, it was grating.

22 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Michael Jackson never sang a live note again after the Bad tour. I've never seen his fans complain. In his late years he even incorporated janet's vocals in his routines as his own (you know you want this)....Britney did not even bother to move her lips. Never seen her fans complain. Beyoncé and Gaga have super loud backtracks and the only time i saw the latter it was so loud that it even covered the music. Beyoncé both times i saw her she mostly sang a lot of added ad libs over the backing track to cover it. I've watch clips of  Taylor Swift live and not only she moves like a cripled person being tazed but her voice is terrible live (which i did not expected) also. Never seen the fans complain. I'm a super fan of Depeche Mode and Dave Gahan has a shit voice live and screams a lot (way too much), never seen a fan complain. I'd rather eat shit than see Celine Dion live, i absolutely loathe what she does, i don't even think she sings good, screaming in tune does not equal singing, it's like showing off how big one's dick is. I absolutely and definitely think that tv shows about singing with judges have ZERO artistic qualities and even less creativity and "artists" who have emerged from this shit shows are lame AF. Yep, loacal star Kelly Clarckson is a nice girl but she has the charisma of a pastries seller in New Jersey and she's basically a karaoke singer.

i've seen Madonna live many times and she was vocally very good some nights and very shit other nights, on the same tours. Re-Invention is where she sang the best imo, at lest both times i saw it but NKM and DAD were 100% lipped and it pissed me off. Confessions was very good also but Sorry was lipped and since she sang it 2 meters away from me and even looked at me (us) while on the left platform i could totally see and hear it. But most of the time, even with a back track she's singing liveeven when we think she's not like Vogue on RIT, it was not the same voice both nights but she nailed it and if lipping can pass on record, in the venue it sounds completly different, you can tell when it's live and when she's singing, the echo is not the same. 

And sometimes a very good singer can be shit even when she sings good, i adore PJ Harvey, saw her many times live but the last time she made my ears bleed because she decided to sing only in her upper register and after a few tracks i had enough, it was grating.

Michael Jackson is dead and Madonna is alive. So, everyone loves him, everyone forgives him (they even forget that he sang lip-synch) and everyone spits on Madonna. It's logical, that's how human beings work.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic