The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

On a political note, she talked about Congo.

Security may be extra tight tonight since it's the 8th (already) anniversary of the Bataclan terrorist attack...and considering the situation now and we are again at maximum level alert for terrorist attack (since anothe teacher got murdered 3 weeks ago). I arrived late last night and i was a guest so passing security was pretty quick but people told me it took them forever to get in through general admittance. 

But seriously again, she's always had great dancers and choreos but this is next level. It's really impressive, yet simple, it's not about physicality like on previous tours, the Erotica ballet really is modern dance, it's stunning, but Die Another Day is also something else. I think it did not translate well on videos i had seen from the show, it's splendid live (i'm not saying this because i know Arthur and Jonathan from La Horde) you really have everything there, a pop show and a ballet. Someone told me that part of the Living For Love ballet with Prince incorporates movements from the original choreo Jamie King did for Prince in the early 90"s (his first job as a choregrapher), an easter egg for hardcore Prince fans.

I'm so pumped up that i woke up at 6 !

9 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

On a political note, she talked about Congo.

Security may be extra tight tonight since it's the 8th (already) anniversary of the Bataclan terrorist attack...and considering the situation now and we are again at maximum level alert for terrorist attack (since anothe teacher got murdered 3 weeks ago). I arrived late last night and i was a guest so passing security was pretty quick but people told me it took them forever to get in through general admittance. 

I am glad but also glad the shows are going ahead. After the mtv Europe cancellation I was afraid Paris would get pulled.

I was quite shocked by how non existent security was at all the shows I attended (Antwerp, Copenhagen, Stockholm.) They did not scan me at all at entry nor check my bags properly.

7 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I only accept complains from people who were at the show tonight and were affected by the delay...like me. And i don't give a fuck, so. I'd rather wait for Madonna for 5 hours than having to endure Taylor Swift being on time. I'm currently typing on my phone in a bus going home. So i'm killing time and type this to cut myself off my suroundings. It rained all day and night and the bus smells like a wet dog and thousands wet smelly jean's , i'm using this to try not to make eye contact hahaha, i'm trying to look busy.

There was a lot of technical issues, the rails holding the lights above the stage had to be lowered down and people were asked to move from the pit. Then there was sound problems, her voice was louder than the backtrack and she wasn't hearing the music so she was sometimes not on cue, singing too fast. During her speeches you could see a guy fixing something in the levitating "box" so maybe that's why she spoke so much to us as to kill time. 

But it was fire, the place was packed, i missed Stuart because i was talking to friends i had not seen in a while near the store and we did not know it was him playing, in fact we thought it was a mix on tape fom where we were. Nevermind. It was electric, i saw Madonna at all her "Bercy" shows and the mood on this one reminded me a lot of the one at The Girlie Show, the audience was insane. There's a lot of dance numbers, it seems to allude to the fact that she was a dancer first and it looks stunning live, i sometimes fogot it was a Madonna concert and felt i was watching a modern dance ballet at le Theatre du Châtelet. I think i was standing next to some dance's families since they scream at them (On t'aime ! ) and cheered two of them each time they got close to were we stood. She gave her all and was super long (2H30) but it went quicker than a ray of light. It's a lot to take in though. It's almost like each song is its own segment. Ok i'm done for now, my stop is next.

So the technical issue are real. This is for all of you people who doubt about it. 

5 hours ago, McDonna said:

People are going to say what they want to say, but from all the video footage, I've seen and heard from tonight's show, it really didn't affect her ability to sing the songs as she normally did in prior shows. 

You can hardly see these ones at all, no missing teeth effect. Weird choice for a singer but meh

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

You cant get a ticket?

Yes i can, i just don't want to. I've seen her live 4 times, when she was still on her prime and at the top of her game and it has left immaculate memories in mind and for life. I'm still a fan and will always be. It's not just Madonna anyway, i don't have the motivation anymore to go through all the stuff that a live show includes, travelling to Paris, doing the queue all day, renting a hotel, travelling back etc... I'm alread exhausted just by writting it 😂 i'm a hood boy at heart you know, just my daily routine, sleepin, eatin, going to the gym, hanging with people from my town, fuckin with my bf... Simple life and i'm happy. I don't even like to Travel anyway so... People are always in a state of chock when i tell it 😀

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic