The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

18 hours ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

Another clip of Frozen tonight

First off, thanks for posting.  But me don't likey. Of course this is just my two cents.  I heard a bit of the Sickick mix kick in, but this was just pretty awful.  But I never thought she was able to ever execute this live very well ever.  I think she sounds much better singing Rain, and it deserved to be performed being it's a song that's only been performed once on tour, while Frozen has gotten many opportunities.

4 hours ago, scallywally said:

Shell never please everybody. She's not an artist with 6 well known songs she's got so many, and versions.

True! So true.  Whatever the reason she decided to do Frozen, I'm happy others enjoyed it.  I just think Rain deserved to be performed at all shows, being it's not a song that has been performed but once before on tour. :)

6 hours ago, scallywally said:

Shell never please everybody. She's not an artist with 6 well known songs she's got so many, and versions.

Yeah that's true, but I think we can acknowledge at this point that she is quite close to make the absolute majority of us happy with this tour. 

Maybe the big absences in terms of hits were Material girl, Express Yourself and Frozen and she managed to perform two of them during the tour process.

About the deep cuts, of course everybody will have their preferences, but the most requested ones in the poll I did on July on this forum, wich was voted by around 130 people, were Nothing really matters, Bad Girl, The power of goodbye, Rain and Causing a commotion (wich is also nicely hinted in the first speech) and the majority of the people who voted expressed their preference for a different structure than the usual four acts one, something more flexible to tell the whole story, wich is exactly the way she took.

Said that, this is maybe the best video of Frozen I watched from last night

https://www.facebook.com/638716180/videos/759569122889942/

6 hours ago, Andymad said:

I LOVE Rain. But the lack of middle 8 kinda ruined it for me Bahaha. But seeing Frozen in person is very different than the videos you’re seeing. It’s great. But I think by that time I’d had too much wine. Unfortunately I don’t remember much of the ending LOL. Tonight I’ll be more mindful to not be as emotional, and only have 3 wines instead of 8 🥹. 

FORGOT TO MENTION. The bomber jacket was $300 Canadian. I was absolutely floored. Like jaw dropped. And insanely relieved.  It’s $340 USD online so I was very much expecting it to be like nearly $500. 

holy shit ,.. i paid 700 i forget the total ,... for exchange rate shipping and customs! but i just did not want to chance it. especially with needing the 2x to cover my tits.

1 minute ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

Starting to like Frozen a little more, lol 

Even though I loved Rain and agree it fit better mood wise this particular performance with the outfits and visuals makes WAY more sense with Frozen. Maybe if it was placed before Bedtime Story it would work better? That way Ray of Light leads into the final section.

I wonder if Frozen was initially replaced by Rain because the somber undertone of the cape with the hooded dancer behind her seems to evoke a dance with death, and it was just too much of a downer given her actual experience of that last year…with I Will Survive also being removed, it seems with the New Year she’s ready to move on from the topic, or perhaps she sees the Frozen performance as encapsulating that part of her experience, moving into a future narrative of Madonna as simply a celebration of herself and Life as a whole. 

26 minutes ago, TorontoDude said:

Frozen tonight!

it was actually great. It was predominantly the original with bits of sockixk. The crowds went wild. No vocoder from what I could tell.

she made a gags joke tonight lol. Hope the press doesn’t go wild with the “feud”

Lol uh oh. What did she say?