The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

21 minutes ago, Winn said:

Ok I'm down here. Roads are fine and I got great ticket for 1/3 the price online. I got wait all day but still so excited! Having some lunch across street from arena. Can't wait to chant Madonna at encore tho I'm excited for OYH most cuz that's closest to seat. Oh. NRM too! Happy happy lol.

You'll have the time of your life! The show is amazing, beyond all expectations!

It seems me and @True Blue 84are the only ones who really don't care with Madonna vocals for Like a Prayer as the whole goal of any Madonna tour performance is the WHOLE SCENE. I really don't care if she's being dreadful vocally, I don't even notice at her hitting notes. As I told you all, if I were this kind of person I'd be at opera houses, not at pop music concerts. I'm not Georgina to pretend I'm someone who isn't. I'm not interested in making a fame to forums and socials analysing vocals having myself been the worst singer ever.

If Mariah did a reenactment of Hypatia's execution in hands of Christians of Alexandria like M does in Like a Prayer (tis my vision bout, sorry), I'd notice at her. However she only does reenactments of Christmas celebrations and "I-don't-know-her"'s. Sorry not sorry.

And idiots at Pandlr told I exchanged Madonna for Mariah after they bullied me back at Orkut. They're just the lowest class possible, just like some lil'medonsters one finds everywhere.

1 minute ago, Anapausis said:

It seems me and @True Blue 84are the only ones who really don't care with Madonna vocals for Like a Prayer as the whole goal of any Madonna tour performance is the WHOLE SCENE. I really don't care if she's being dreadful vocally, I don't even notice at her hitting notes. As I told you all, if I were this kind of person I'd be at opera houses, not at pop music concerts. I'm not Georgina to pretend I'm someone who isn't. I'm not interested in making a fame to forums and socials analysing vocals having myself been the worst singer ever.

If Mariah did a reenactment of Hypatia's execution in hands of Christians of Alexandria like M does in Like a Prayer (tis my vision bout, sorry), I'd notice at her. However she only does reenactments of Christmas celebrations and "I-don't-know-her"'s. Sorry not sorry.

And idiots at Pandlr told I exchanged Madonna for Mariah after they bullied me back at Orkut. They're just the lowest class possible, just like some lil'medonsters one finds everywhere.

Lol i do care about vocals, but to me she sounds fine lots of times. She's 65 and for the show she is giving she sounds fine, She's not just standing there like Mariah, Diana and they sound much worse Sometimes...

If she would be dreadful all the time I would definitely mind. But i know Madonna is a entertainer not a vocalists, and with all that in mind ( age, moving around, being an entertainer not a vocalist) she sounds fine overall on the Celebration Tour..

1 minute ago, True Blue 84 said:

Lol i do care about vocals, but to me she sounds fine lots of times. She's 65 and for the show she is giving she sounds fine, She's not just standing there like Mariah, Diana and they sound much worse Sometimes...

If she would be dreadful all the time I would definitely mind. But i know Madonna is a entertainer not a vocalists, and with all that in mind ( age, moving around, being an entertainer not a vocalist) she sounds fine overall on the Celebration Tour..

I have no problem to her Hard Candy voice. Does this mean anything to you?

58 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Yes i do think there are nights she sounds fine singing Like a prayer on the Celebration tour... And im not tone deaf, and i realy don't give a 💩 if you study music or not, my ears are fine and i can perfectly hear when she's out of tune. Does she sing it out of tune on the Celebration tour Sometimes? Yes.. Does she sounds fine singing like a prayer on the Celebration tour Sometimes? Yes... 

The End 

Hilariously defensive.

Ok people does this make me be what kind of fan/stan?

I bought this ON RELEASE DATE, AT THE HOUR THE STORE OPENED. CD WASN'T EVEN DISPLAYED ON THE SHELVES OF PHYSICAL STORE, I MADE THE SALESMAN TAKE IT FROM THE STOCK PILE AT STORE WAREHOUSE.

(Ofc I don't own the Argentinian edition but my local, Brazilian one.)631236804_Screenshot_20231230_072107_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.3870a243d215ed3af9317e528f38f204.jpg  So, guys, what's your response? I still wanted to buy it even after having watched several full YouTube videos from Joanne World Tour... And I am still a proud owner of it...

I think I was perfectly balanced in my post regarding her vocals, and I haven’t read anyone tearing Madonna a new asshole saying that she lacks integrity because she is occasionally flat and sounds strained. This is a forum where different opinions and perspectives serve to give a sense of Madonna’s importance, her influence and her evolution. That means we get to discuss it all without being deemed negative for exploring a full spectrum of perspectives. Critical thinking is a part of that equation for me personally, and I always take the time to express nuance and understanding of the intricacies of Madonna’s storied career as an artist, a performer and an entertainer. I am beyond thrilled and grateful every time I see footage of another concert because I know I cannot take for granted the fact that it is extraordinary that Madonna is still performing a show of this caliber, both in light of her health scare and simply because she is such a force of nature to be capable of such glory 40 years on from the first time I became aware of her! I can endure the saccharine banality of sycophancy too, but I also don’t compare her to anyone else. Madonna has no contemporaries and she has never had true peers. Her entire existence is so unparalleled. While I love many songs by Diana, Elton, Tina, and even a few by Mariah, and have seen them all perform live (except for Mariah as I don’t enjoy her persona at all), nothing has ever come close to what I’ve seen Madonna do onstage. What Madonna does physically in this show far outweighs what Tina Turner was physically capable of at the same age in my opinion, but that is a matter of personal taste. there is something so deeply personal about Madonna’s stage shows because they are ALL her. The lighting, the sets, the choreography, the pacing, the choice of songs, the costumes…It’s pure Madonna, which is why even her worst vocals are effective and mesmerizing. They are real. 

As a lifelong Madonna fan I can be triggered by the mischaracterizations and the generalized negative slant that can be found in less adoring environments online, which is why I appreciate the safety of a discussion with fellow community members who can accept that we all adore her, but also have individual experiences of her work, her message and her evolution, and how it impacts us. I hope this continues to be a possibility for as long as Madonna is still producing content for the public and beyond! Long live Madonna!

1 hour ago, Winn said:

Ok I'm down here. Roads are fine and I got great ticket for 1/3 the price online. I got wait all day but still so excited! Having some lunch across street from arena. Can't wait to chant Madonna at encore tho I'm excited for OYH most cuz that's closest to seat. Oh. NRM too! Happy happy lol.

Yay Wynn!!!  Well done. Have the best best time!! Scream and dance the night away!! 
Piper Perabo Dancing GIF by ABC Network

2 hours ago, scion said:

It's a weird one. She lowered it into Barry White territory for Madame X and sang it over a backing track and it was still too much for her. It's a huge song with a lot of potential for straining. It used to be (2003/4/5/10) a great song to showcase her strengths but with age and maybe lack of training her voice doesn't have it anymore. However, Express Yourself sounds fabulous 

I'd certainly question it if you think she sounds fine singing Like a Prayer. There's performances where she sounds passable but I don't think she's done a performance of the song where her vocals are even 'good' since Hope for Haiti.

It's the one I dread too. The second verse in London (5th December) she kinda blew me away that she seemed to intend to hit the notes she didn't...

MDNA TOUR WASN´T OK?

7 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

MDNA TOUR WASN´T OK?

Depends on the show. Some shows yeah, some shows no. The rough mix of the DVD that leaked wasn't okay, the first few shows I thought she sounded alright singing Like a Prayer.

It's just not a song that she sings well. I think it has to be in her shows because it's quintessential Madonna, but its not been flattering on a tour in years.

26 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

As a lifelong Madonna fan I can be triggered by the mischaracterizations and the generalized negative slant that can be found in less adoring environments online

I used to be exactly this way until I saw an ATRL member named Bencharmed or whatever post a medieval representation of the Beast of the Apocalypse being worshipped and him commenting on it something like, "yes cause she [Madonna] still has her fans." I just took it as a CUMPLIMENT. From that point I have never got annoyed by any M criticism. I even find them funny. I have noticed the only people who are bother to someone are the ones who see them as a threat. And I WORSHIP SUCH THREAT!

21 minutes ago, Homogenic79 said:

They just added more standard price tickets for Detroit tonight on Ticketmaster. Lots of floor and lower bowl seats available. Even pit tickets available for $570. Kicking myself for not waiting! Hopefully a full house tonight. Counting down the hours!

The clerk at the arena said $570 floor tickets were 16th row tho. Still yes there's lots of tickets... cheap 

28 minutes ago, Homogenic79 said:

They just added more standard price tickets for Detroit tonight on Ticketmaster. Lots of floor and lower bowl seats available. Even pit tickets available for $570. Kicking myself for not waiting! Hopefully a full house tonight. Counting down the hours!

Oh pit tickets are 570. That's different, he told me they were sold out. Dammit.

19 minutes ago, Winn said:

Oh pit tickets are 570. That's different, he told me they were sold out. Dammit.

Lots of main floor seats opened up a few hours ago, and pit tickets. So many main floor seats suddenly available, currently $570. More keep getting added - just now as I was looking the 2 seats directly in front of the main catwalk just became available for 570. 

1 minute ago, Homogenic79 said:

Lots of main floor seats opened up a few hours ago, and pit tickets. So many main floor seats suddenly available, currently $570. More keep getting added - just now as I was looking the 2 seats directly in front of the main catwalk just became available for 570. 

None of these main floor seats were available yesterday. Suddenly whole rows were available in various lower bowl sections yesterday, and main floor and pits today. Glad I got a fair price for decent seats when they first went on sale, but I have friends who paid way more for seats further back than the people scoring tickets today. Shocked to see so many tickets available today. Hopefully it sells, or they’ll at least move people to these primo spots. 

BCEF9BDF-7BE4-473E-9042-99C10D5C506A.jpeg

• Enrico unfeatured this topic