The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

Michelles main home is or was in California although she has had a lovely flat 'apartment' in Belsize Park London for years. The last few years she was always been searching for a larger London family home and her husband ect were moving over  to become full time Brits before and after Covid was happening. I dont know if she's found one now and sold her flat.  She spends time in both places. 

after being lucky enough to see the show three times :drama: does anyone else feel that for Erotica/Justify My Love should just be lip-synced? the maneuvering of a handheld mic is so distracting, especially because you can't hear her anyway! maybe the compromise is a headset mic?

2 minutes ago, Lum said:

after being lucky enough to see the show three times :drama: does anyone else feel that for Erotica/Justify My Love should just be lip-synced? the maneuvering of a handheld mic is so distracting, especially because you can't hear her anyway! maybe the compromise is a headset mic?

Erotica and Justify my love are lipsynced 

5 hours ago, scion said:

I could hear live vocals in Stockholm, but nothing as clear as this. Yeah it doesn't sound that good, but it sounds 100% better than I would have expected Everybody to sound live in 2024. To be fair her mic sounds super scratchy and I don't think that helps. Into The Groove sounds much more live than normal also, normally its mostly track with a low in the mix mic. Into The Groove actually sounds better than the nights she sang it live on Sticky!

Absolutely 

I agree on " Everybody " but i don't agree with you on " Into the Groove " because she's clearly to be heard in that song, not only in this video. I watched so many video's and Into the Groove sounds almost always live to me.

Even in person it could be perfectly heard, because she was to late with the 2nd verse, she was to late singing " Gonna get to know you " and when she started singing " In a special way " you could clearly hear the difference. 

Maybe her voice gets a bit lost in the chorus, but the verses can be clearly heard... 

Tip: watch more videos from different spots...

4 hours ago, stefo said:

NOOOOOOOOO!!! :lol:

Express Yourself acoustic is amazing, it's so good and different, cool and fresh, it really makes you wanna sing along and it's such an anthem, I love it.

(I'm listening to it a lot. I listened to I Will Survive just twice I think - otherwise it was once).

Nice pic, by the way

424833403_904019318393773_74273985425184

Team express yourself here to... 

49 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

I agree, I think she should get rid of the mic in those to songs and focus on the entertainment/dancing... 

Nah, that sends a bad visual. The media would go nuts saying Madonna comes out and mouths the words to a CD and doesn't even pretend to lipsync anymore

6 hours ago, Lum said:

yes, i mean just get rid of holding a microphone all together. i feel it really interfered with the choreography and dancer interaction.

I agree. If you're not singing live anyway, and it's obvious to everybody, it's better that you don't even use a microphone, as she had done at the VMAs in Vogue. 

Having the microphone in my opinion generates the suspicion that the other songs are lip synched as well, when they're not.

1 hour ago, Lorx said:

I agree. If you're not singing live anyway, and it's obvious to everybody, it's better that you don't even use a microphone, as she had done at the VMAs in Vogue. 

Having the microphone in my opinion generates the suspicion that the other songs are lip synched as well, when they're not.

This 

This " Soundboard " recording has to be real right? ... You can even hear the sound of the wind when she moves her cape/jacket over her head kinda thing.. A regular camera doesn't record that sound i think?... 

It's from another post on this forum but it deserves more attention imo..

She sounds pretty awesome, considered her dancing. And yes shes hoarse at parts but she's human. And at that point she did like 20 shows allready so its normal.. 

21 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

This " Soundboard " recording has to be real right? ... You can even hear the sound of the wind when she moves her cape/jacket over her head kinda thing.. A regular camera doesn't record that sound i think?... 

it definitely sounds close to a soundboard, because live vocals are fully heard, the audience noise is minimal and doesn't seem to be coming from just one source (no individual fans screaming), and most interestingly - during the I Want Your Love choreography, a female voice is heard saying "heads coming up - 1, 2 3" and then M and the dancers do the head turning move. There are a few more instances where the same voice gives instructions for the choreo ("one twirl... walk around"... "come to center" etc). Not sure how a regular audio device could catch that?

However, the same account on YouTube has other artists performances from Italy, also shot from the audience and the sound is also great. Could be just superior audio on the recording device.

18 minutes ago, androiduser said:

it definitely sounds close to a soundboard, because live vocals are fully heard, the audience noise is minimal and doesn't seem to be coming from just one source (no individual fans screaming), and most interestingly - during the I Want Your Love choreography, a female voice is heard saying "heads coming up - 1, 2 3" and then M and the dancers do the head turning move. There are a few more instances where the same voice gives instructions for the choreo ("one twirl... walk around"... "come to center" etc). Not sure how a regular audio device could catch that?

However, the same account on YouTube has other artists performances from Italy, also shot from the audience and the sound is also great. Could be just superior audio on the recording device.

Yes but the sound of the wind when she moves her cape/jacket is heard, well you can hear the sound go different when she puts it over her head. That makes me believe it's real. A camera does not get that kind of things I gues, i could be wrong.. But anyway i think she sounds pretty decent to good while dancing in that performance. 

11 hours ago, Lum said:

I love the live vocals during Erotica. So, No.

I just saw the video of Niki and Donna filming themselves singing from the pit while Madonna was singing on stage and the look in their eyes, the whole thing, it's not only pathetic but reeks of self promotion and saying "this is our legacy too". It looks forced. I wonder if Guy O. gave them the tickets because watching their pics and videos it does not feel genuine at all, they even look foolish kinda like a French & Saunders skit, trying to insert themselves in the picture. 

Justify My Love and the spoken parts of Erotica are impossible to do live, at least with a big sound system, she would have to scream the words for them to be heard. That's why she unearthed You Thrill me from the vault for Confessions because she can sing those extra parts. It's almost like talking, so listen to the parts where she's speaking during the show, you really must make an effort to understand clearly, that's how the spoken parts of jml and Erotica must sound live. In a small venue, with less room echo and screaming crowd, a better acoustic, it must be feasable, in an arena it must be shit.