The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

58 minutes ago, McDonna said:

The thing is; I've listen to her Take A Bow performance and it's not that bad. Some people are being so over-dramatic.  Of course, it's not perfect.  She's just singing along with the backing track, but it's not even that bad.  Not only that, most here are judging it from a poor quality video.  It's so weird to hear some moan about her vocals when she's never been known to sing this song well in the first place.  It's a pretty difficult song to sing as it is. It's just strange how some moan about her not singing certain songs and when she does, then they pick it apart and complain about it.  There is no doubt if she ever sings "I'll Remember" live, her vocals won't sound too great on that either.  But who the fuck cares?  She's singing it.  Enjoy it for what it is!!

It's not just the singing. It really sounds like she's singing over the instrumental from the single release. If it was not Madonna i would have been more vicious in my critic because it's effing cheap for a costly seat. She should have stuck to Rain, if it ain't broke don't fix it 

24 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

It's not just the singing. It really sounds like she's singing over the instrumental from the single release. If it was not Madonna i would have been more vicious in my critic because it's effing cheap for a costly seat. She should have stuck to Rain, if it ain't broke don't fix it 

While I agree Rain fits better in that slot, I don't feel like this or any badly sung song should dominate how someone feels about paying for a seat. Especially when she's included over 30 of her songs in the show.  She pretty much sings with a backing track on every song and has been for years.  A lot of artists do that.  Again, I am taking for what it is.  A special moment she decided to sing that song which has rarely been performed.  I'm pretty sure if she had intended that song to be part of the set list all along, she would have made sure she sounded better.  I don't see the point to rake her over the coals over her performance here.  At least, she took a chance and performed something different which again as I said, hasn't been performed live!  And at least you can hear her singing it live and it's just not her miming to a backing track. It is what it is!  A special moment which probably won't happen again, or often.

1 hour ago, True Blue 84 said:

Lets talk about performances like this a couple of pages long...

Oh wait.... that's not interesting enough because she doesn't sound bad in this one.

Only bad performances gets 4 to 5 pages bullshit 

Lets spread some positive things on here more... 

That's a genuinely good one. I prefer the sound of her voice to even the Re-Invention Tour.

19 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

The " Soundboard " recording ( real or not, she sounds pretty good even though she's hoarse at places...

I actually think she sounds pretty good here. I prefer this to any performance since DWT. There are certain songs she always absolutely nails.

5 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

I don't agree at all, she's not a vocalist, she's an entertainer. And for someone her age, doing this kind of shows, she doesn't sound bad at all. And yes we discussed this before and i still think you should put your energie in artists who just stand there with perfect vocals every night. Madonna will never be that kind of artist. Your to nitpicking when it comes to vocals. She was never a Mariah or Whitney vocally. But again, if you take in mind her age and the kind of show she doesn't sound bad at all. Even critics disagree with you mostly...

And about the backing vocals, have you even watched video's? We got so many video's that proof that the backing tracks aren't even that loud. And they are not just backing tracks, they are ment to blend in with her live vocals because there are no background vocalists this tour. And so many singers today use autotune, you still have to be able to sing, even with autotune because if your horrible autotune can make it even worse. And the little accapella parts sounds fine. We will never agree on this subject, but it's anoying that 90% of your comments are about how bad she sounds in your opinion and i will always say how i feel about that. And sure when she's horrible i will definitely admit ( take a bow) but im not nitpicking every performance vocally because she sounds fine most of the time this tour. Give her a break, let's see Elton John doing this much moving and singing live 😉... 

And I posted many video's over the past few months where she sounds good, it's nice to comment on one of those once in a while..

But no hate. Last time you where actually verry sweet... 

I don't have any hatred towards you or Madonna, whom I really love.

While I value skilled vocal technique, my affection extends to many many artists who may lack technical prowess.

Madonna was never the best singer technically, but she showed she could sing well for the first decades of her career. She got even better between the late '90s and early 2000s, but after that, she started to get worse, falling below her pre-Evita standards

Imperfections never bothered me; it was her essence I cherished.

Seeing her musical talents fade—struggling with the guitar, losing rhythm, and vocally faltering without the finesse expected of a seasoned singer— makes me a little bit sad. It seems as though she's lost interest, which is disheartening given her magical vocal timbre.

Age isn't the culprit here. Voices can age gracefully with proper care and technique. Even a worn voice can produce beauty with commitment.

I'm a longtime fan and I've only really criticized her vocal care after 2008, notably during the S&S Tour. Yet, I was happy with her efforts during the MDNA and Rebel Heart Tour, where her dedication was palpable.

Her tribute to Prince at the Billboard Music Awards was commendable. However, her performances at Eurovision and the Women's March, along with a missed opportunity for an acoustic set with Jon Batiste in Harlem, left me wishing for better. At times, her performances today are vocally a disaster.

My critique stems from a desire to see her engage more with her music skills. Just a little bit. Regardless, my support will persist as long as my admiration endures. Despite my concerns, my love for Madonna remains.

I hope you understand.

5 hours ago, scallywally said:

Not you darlin :) TB  @Lorx 

I mentioned Eurovision, her performance at the Women's March (but there I had let go of the criticism because I appreciated her presence and the intention nonetheless). I mentioned the performance in New York in October 2021, where she was with very good musicians but sang very poorly. I could mention the performance with Maluma, where she sang poorly and messed up Music, getting both the initial cue and the chorus cue wrong, as if she no longer knew her own song well.

In this tour, it's not that her voice is a disaster from start to finish, but what I've noticed is that her voice seems to be getting less and less attention.

9 minutes ago, Lorx said:

I don't have any hatred towards you or Madonna, whom I really love.

While I value skilled vocal technique, my affection extends to many many artists who may lack technical prowess.

Madonna was never the best singer technically, but she showed she could sing well for the first decades of her career. She got even better between the late '90s and early 2000s, but after that, she started to get worse, falling below her pre-Evita standards

Imperfections never bothered me; it was her essence I cherished.

Seeing her musical talents fade—struggling with the guitar, losing rhythm, and vocally faltering without the finesse expected of a seasoned singer— makes me a little bit sad. It seems as though she's lost interest, which is disheartening given her magical vocal timbre.

Age isn't the culprit here. Voices can age gracefully with proper care and technique. Even a worn voice can produce beauty with commitment.

I'm a longtime fan and I've only really criticized her vocal care after 2008, notably during the S&S Tour. Yet, I was happy with her efforts during the MDNA and Rebel Heart Tour, where her dedication was palpable.

Her tribute to Prince at the Billboard Music Awards was commendable. However, her performances at Eurovision and the Women's March, along with a missed opportunity for an acoustic set with Jon Batiste in Harlem, left me wishing for better. At times, her performances today are vocally a disaster.

My critique stems from a desire to see her engage more with her music skills. Just a little bit. Regardless, my support will persist as long as my admiration endures. Despite my concerns, my love for Madonna remains.

I hope you understand.

I mentioned Eurovision, her performance at the Women's March (but there I had let go of the criticism because I appreciated her presence and the intention nonetheless). I mentioned the performance in New York in October 2021, where she was with very good musicians but sang very poorly. I could mention the performance with Maluma, where she sang poorly and messed up Music, getting both the initial cue and the chorus cue wrong, as if she no longer knew her own song well.

In this tour, it's not that her voice is a disaster from start to finish, but what I've noticed is that her voice seems to be getting less and less attention.

We all are allready past this conversation...  It's valentines day and we are trying to get a few pages with positive reactions only 🥰... Have you seen that " Don't Tell Me video " sara shared a few reactions back?( also a few other video's wich are worth to check out)It's great, you really should check it out...

Happy Valentines day btw...

10 minutes ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I think we should allow negative critique just as much as positive. It's a Madonna discussion forum. Anything can be discussed, with any perspective. Doesn't even have to be fans. We could welcome Madonna haters here too if they'd like to offer their two cents.

True... but lets also give positive credit where its deserved. Some of us posted some pretty good video's in the past couple months and they barely get any attention. While the bad performances gets attention 5 to 6 pages long...

I'm late to the party, but YEESH that Take a Bow performance. She really needs to work on it if she's planning on keeping it in the set for any significant amount of time. That can't have felt good or easy for her, honestly. She knew she was struggling.

Stick with Rain. It's such a gorgeous moment and a real highlight of the show.

OMG, aren't you bitches tired??? Yes, YOU...same old rant over and over about her "vocal abilities" and how "Eurovision" she sounded during TAB. GIVE ME A F**KEN BREAK AND STFU already.

The woman is giving us her ALL and no matter what she does or does not do, she will NEVER be enough, she will never make YOU happy...IT IS NOT her job to...seeing her enjoying herself on stage with the last 40 glorious years in rewind has been an absolute treat, especially considering the events last summer.

Enjoy the imperfections, celebrate her momentous career and always be thankful she's still out there doing all of this....for her AND for US!

I think she’s just tired at that point in the show. The Like A Virgin late interlude gives her a break to regain some energy for the finale…Maybe it would benefit her to sing Rain/Frozen/Take A Bow after the Jackson tribute, even if it doesn’t flow. It’s somewhat obvious that part of the show is missing something, and they’ve done their best to bridge the gap so to speak. 

She’s literally amazing for being the consummate pro that she has proven herself to be by forging ahead with this tour after all that she has been through. No, her voice isn’t able to sustain itself as easily for two hours as she managed forty or thirty years ago, and we will never know if it is a respiratory issue, fitness, fatigue, age or just usage, wear and tear. It can be very taxing on the vocal cords to bellow in an arena several nights a week for six months. When she performs acoustic she sounds much more confident and comfortable.  We all know that when she is singing softly she sounds absolutely glorious…her performing Between The Bars and Can’t Help Falling In Love are great examples of this. In fact, I bet she could sing most of her back catalog pretty comfortably close mic-ed in a studio booth. 

Did I already say Madonna is amazing? 🤩 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic