The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

The first lines of TAB were shaky (like Bedtime Story) but I was pleasantly surprised seeing TAB live last night, both with her  performance and how the song fit into the set. It was my first show of the tour and while I’ve watched dozens, probably hundreds of incredible fan videos many of you have  posted  it was great to see and especially hear it live; the sound on videos isn’t comparable to what you hear live. Content wise,  I even thought the Bitch I’m Madonna / Celebration ending didn't feel as rushed in person and her final costume, a disheveled bride at the end of a celebration, made more sense. Her humor is really shining on this tour whether it’s facial expresssions, toying with the dancers, her stories. The only segment I didn’t like (on YouTube or seeing it live) was the Billie Jean/ like a Virgin interlude; it’s very a sweet 16 birthday/ barmitzvah vibe but I can see why she did it; She didn’t want to sing it but it’s expected… plus David does a good MJ impression and she needed 8 minutes to change. A lot of the crowd loved it. 

The transition between Holiday to Live To Tell is so deep. Took me soo long to realize that these dancers represent her old friends and the guy she's holding hands with & covering with her jacket portrays Martin and then she's all alone & lonely when she's singing Live To Tell, reminiscing about her friends

8 minutes ago, sara94 said:

The transition between Holiday to Live To Tell is so deep. Took me soo long to realize that these dancers represent her old friends and the guy she's holding hands with & covering with her jacket portrays Martin and then she's all alone & lonely when she's singing Live To Tell, reminiscing about her friends

From Holliday to Like a prayer is iconic allready... This tour is definitely top 3 for me... It's so good imo 

23 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

She sounds WAY better

It does, I agree. It isn't good but it's far better than the others. She should scrap this and replace it with something new yet again, You'll See or Drowned World / Substitute For Love.

Or alternatively, get some new backing vocals that aren't her 90s voice and sung by a backing singer.

6 hours ago, stefo said:

Yeah, I watch and rewatch these Take a bow vids from every concert, desperately trying to find a way to make them feel organic to this section, but - sorry, I NEED  to repeat it again as I'm working too hard to make me like it :lol: - it's completely out of place. The cape and the wind thing looks ridiculous here, it just doesn't feet, the track after ROL sounds so boring and old fashioned, the opposite of the Rain album arrangment, definitely not uplifting, much more a downer ,and her performance is ... weak, to be supportive.

It's just so sad she's doing this I can't believe it :lol: My last hope is that she will record the Mexico shows getting back to Rain. I'm gonna talk to my therapist about it anyway, I need to be prepared, I need to make a work of acceptance  :Madonna043:

I really do think she's singing the song because it was a huge hit in the U.S. and it is a rare performance from her.  I'm not bothered by her vocals.  It's a hard song to sing, and as the song goes on along with the backing vocals, it's still nice to hear.  I still prefer Rain in that section. I agree it fits better.  :luv:

3 hours ago, scion said:

It does, I agree. It isn't good but it's far better than the others. She should scrap this and replace it with something new yet again, You'll See or Drowned World / Substitute For Love.

Oh God no. We don't need to go through 5 warm ups of those songs :laughing: