The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

41 minutes ago, ron92 said:

Your example are songs that don't need any level of poetry to be valid. The whole reason of why Madonna became so big it's proprably because she was always capable of making song with simple lyrics but with a strong impact. Holiday, everybody, into the groove are all song with lyrics so simple that everybody can connect with, and that's the essence of popular music. Simple lyrics are not necessarly bad or less meaningful that lyrics more poetry. Where life begins for example is a song about orale Sex for women. Admit in a song for a women in the 90s that she want a partner that satisfay her in that way after a day of work (like most Men in the past that come back home after work and find her wife ready to do it) it's not so ordinary. Sometimes songs can assume new meaning in some contest. Michael dango explain in his book why Erotica was so related with AIDS even though only one song really talk about it. 

By the way she is co-writing her songs not every songs but if she decided to sing that means she found those right and her catalogue is full with poetic lyrics.

Do you really think that the reason for the success of Madonna's songs is due to her simple lyrics? I rather think that it is the rhythm much more than the lyrics. How do we explain Madonna's great success in places where people do not speak or know the English language and have no idea what she says in her songs?

For me, the key to the success of Madonna's songs was the rhythm of her songs and the right sounds and instrumentalization for the final product. She could have sung her greatest hits in Italian, Hebrew or some language of her own creation and these songs would have been equally successful. But to be honest, I don't know if she would have been successful in the United States if her songs had been in another language or if she were from another non-English speaking country. I think that in this specific country, they are more "nationalistic" in that aspect and prefer music whose lyrics they can understand.

33 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Do you really think that the reason for the success of Madonna's songs is due to her simple lyrics? I rather think that it is the rhythm much more than the lyrics. How do we explain Madonna's great success in places where people do not speak or know the English language and have no idea what she says in her songs?

For me, the key to the success of Madonna's songs was the rhythm of her songs and the right sounds and instrumentalization for the final product. She could have sung her greatest hits in Italian, Hebrew or some language of her own creation and these songs would have been equally successful. But to be honest, I don't know if she would have been successful in the United States if her songs had been in another language or if she were from another non-English speaking country. I think that in this specific country, they are more "nationalistic" in that aspect and prefer music whose lyrics they can understand.

So many wrong assumptions in this post to even start. 

'Simple lyrics' because she doesn't use overly complicated words to pose as a snob intellectual is like saying that Hemingway has a bad writing style, because he uses short sentences with simple words. :laughing: Madonna has amazing lyrics and because she's ultra versatile, of course not all of them are this way, and they don't have to be. She has many songs that would be ruined if they had complicated and 'slow' (both to sing and to process) lyrics. She has the depth when she needs it, the lightness when she needs it and the humor when she needs it. One of the many reasons that I love and respect her so much is that this same woman can write: 'This used to be my playground', 'I'm going bananas' and 'Holy water.' 

11 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

What do you guys think happened here? .. 

Tony got sick and had to leave the room to throw up while he was trying to change her costume. She clothed herself and her wig kept getting stuck in the body suit. Then she tripped on the way to her que under the stage and hit her head, having to wipe off all the blood. 

I just made that up :polish:

27 minutes ago, Salida said:

You mean the coming out late? I guess some issues with the costume change slowed her down.

That, and it seems her mic was not working, you can hear the vocals on the backing tape at low volume and her live vocals come in pretty harsh 2 times, not timed, just BAM. Seems to me that her mic was not working... Or am i wrong?..

56 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

That, and it seems her mic was not working, you can hear the vocals on the backing tape at low volume and her live vocals come in pretty harsh 2 times, not timed, just BAM. Seems to me that her mic was not working... Or am i wrong?..

I think that's likely what happened. Thank god it didn't stop the show. 

I think the worst was MDNA in St Louis when her sound went out during I'm A Sinner and she stopped everything.

7 minutes ago, sara94 said:

A moment I will never forget. My Soul & Body never felt something like before

4 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Agree 100% .. i tought i was going to faint. I never felt so much emotions at the same time 

madonna have this huge talent to create  shows who are just EPIC.....

Are we getting kectured on lyrics quality by a effing Shakira and Trashtina fan ? Get a grip. They are b to c listers in terms of quality. Even MDNA would be their best album. You have bad taste, evertthing you say is biased by it like living in an upside down universe. The nerve. Stay in your lane, frankly. Wost taste in music trying to lecture people. It's like a 50  shades if grey fan saying Marguerite Duras is trash.

5 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

American Life is Madonnas best album and my favorite period!!! 
madonna love profusion GIF

american life like madame x are two masterpieces totally understimated when they was  published but they have all the potential to become 2 of her most important works and be in the future reevaluted and finally have the recorecognition they deserve .......