The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

Interesting that there are so many comments about bad sound throughout this tour, that I was kind of expecting it. And lo and behold, it sounded utterly fantastic at my show. I say this without exaggeration - it was one of the best sounding shows I've ever been to (and yes, I've been to plenty of concerts). The only thing was to maybe bring her vocals up just a bit, but other than that, the overall mix was great that night. Sound was rich, clear, fat and pumpin. And it was loud as FUCK (which I loved considering some shows I've been to lately have not been loud enough). And that heavy bass was so goddamn hard it hit you up in your throat. I LOVED it.

I'm thinking it depends on where your seat is, as most of the bad comments seem to come from the floor or the pits. I'm thinking the speaker layout is probably affected by the tons of rigging coming out over the audience, so perhaps that's affected how the sound fills the space.

But I guess I just got lucky then.

3 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Interesting that there are so many comments about bad sound throughout this tour, that I was kind of expecting it. And lo and behold, it sounded utterly fantastic at my show. I say this without exaggeration - it was one of the best sounding shows I've ever been to (and yes, I've been to plenty of concerts). The only thing was to maybe bring her vocals up just a bit, but other than that, the overall mix was great that night. Sound was rich, clear, fat and pumpin. And it was loud as FUCK (which I loved considering some shows I've been to lately have not been loud enough). And that heavy bass was so goddamn hard it hit you up in your throat. I LOVED it.

I'm thinking it depends on where your seat is, as most of the bad comments seem to come from the floor or the pits. I'm thinking the speaker layout is probably affected by the tons of rigging coming out over the audience, so perhaps that's affected how the sound fills the space.

But I guess I just got lucky then.

No I think you make a great point!  You can't really judge this show unless you actually are there in person to experience it.  The videos we are seeing and enjoying from fans, do not equate the same experience as just being there.  While there are some great fan footage, I recognize that not one video shared, does justice to the sound compare to being their live.  I'm sure an official release will change that perception.  Still, I won't pretend that those backing tracks are not greatly balanced and I agree I wish her live vocals would be more louder. :luv: 

11 hours ago, stfan97 said:

I had the best night!!  Night and day from last night.  Her voice was much better tonight, and she was in an incredibly good mood.  Lots of jokes and she did this funny dog whistle thing throughout the show (also how you know those vocals were live lol).

There is still something incredibly wrong with the sound this tour though because I feel like the bass was even louder tonight if possible where I sat.  However, the vocal mix was also MUCH more prominent and audible through the whole show.  I had to wear acoustic earplugs to make it tolerable.  Not really sure how anyone without them survived... and even with them on, there was still audibly loud crunchy bass distortion and reverb going on that wasn't present on past tours.

Anyway, the visuals were even more incredible taking in the full show.  I'm very grateful to have gone and ended this tour on a high note.

Happy for you 🥰

31 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

Watching Houston on YouTube is it me or does she not seem in a good mood? It’s the only show for me on this tour where she seems fed up 

I thought she was in a great mood! The only time she seemed a little pissed was after "Mother and Father" when she called out an audience member for apparently dancing too sexy during the song which I guess she thought was a little inappropriate lol. But she did so in a joking manner. She then said later that she wasn't feeling too hot, but you couldn't really tell.

6 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

Could be stress and anger of the upcoming Brazil event. I'm sure planning and perfecting the show for that is a headache

Agree and if she's doing any extra rehearsals on top of her actual show would be exhausting! 

8 hours ago, MattyMads said:

Watching Houston on YouTube is it me or does she not seem in a good mood? It’s the only show for me on this tour where she seems fed up 

According to people who were there, she openly said on night 1 that she was not in a good mood and not feeling well. But most said the latter half of the show she picked up in energy.

I've heard nothing but great things from night 2. Everyone says she felt much better, was in good spirits, and worked her ass off.