The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

From Madonnaonline

One of the most appreciated and collectible items by Madonna fans is the program from each of her tours. Also known as Tour Book, they are full of photos from the featured era, including never-before-seen photo shoots made exclusively for these items, such as those seen on the Re-Invention Tour, Sticky & Sweet Tour and Rebel Heart Tour programs.

As incredible as it may seem, The Celebration Tour was without its Tour Book. But fans' prayers were answered and MOL is pleased to inform you first-hand: with the tour about to be completed, the book will finally be released!:Madonna034:

A record of photos and facts about Madonna's career over her 40 years and it promises to be quite filling!

Will it already be on sale at the final show of the tour here in Rio? Make your bets!

3 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

I don’t see the point in making a tour book NOW that the tour is over, but since they were right about M in Brazil, let’s wait and see… :kiss2:

Why not though?  I'm sure many fans would want a momentum like this from the tour.  After all, I've bought a few past tour books after the fact myself.

Anyway, I'm hesitant to believe this is even true.  If I recall, Madonnaonline isn't always know to be factual about things.  But we'll see!  I hope it is, because I will buy one.

18 hours ago, McDonna said:

Why not though?  I'm sure many fans would want a momentum like this from the tour.  After all, I've bought a few past tour books after the fact myself.

Anyway, I'm hesitant to believe this is even true.  If I recall, Madonnaonline isn't always know to be factual about things.  But we'll see!  I hope it is, because I will buy one.

There will be a tour book (M and her management wouldn't skip an opportunity to monetize this tour as all of us who've seen this tour know;)It will probably be released once the tour is streaming by the end of 2024 to keep M in the news as she transitions to her next tbd film or music project. The format will likely like Guy O's "Confessions" or even the Girlie Show hardcover way back ( minus the bonus CD but hey, who knows!). 

8 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

There will be a tour book (M and her management wouldn't skip an opportunity to monetize this tour as all of us who've seen this tour know;)It will probably be released once the tour is streaming by the end of 2024 to keep M in the news as she transitions to her next tbd film or music project. The format will likely like Guy O's "Confessions" or even the Girlie Show hardcover way back ( minus the bonus CD but hey, who knows!). 

Yes, but Guy O's book wasn't a Tour book, but more of a picture book of the actual tour.   The Girlie Show Book was similar in the sense, but included the CD.  Tour books usually are put together before a tour, and usually doesn't include actual images from the tour.

But I get your point.  I'm still skeptical because it's easy to think "there is no way they would skip this" when there have been plenty of other things in her career we thought would happen, but didn't.  Also, I don't think a tour book six months later would make much news, but yes if a video release of the tour becomes available, it could be another opportunity to sell the tour book, but by that point if it's just images from the tour, it isn't what we know as a traditional tour book.  Also, they would have sold more copies during the tour if they made one available before now. :)

1 hour ago, McDonna said:

Yes, but Guy O's book wasn't a Tour book, but more of a picture book of the actual tour.   The Girlie Show Book was similar in the sense, but included the CD.  Tour books usually are put together before a tour, and usually doesn't include actual images from the tour.

But I get your point.  I'm still skeptical because it's easy to think "there is no way they would skip this" when there have been plenty of other things in her career we thought would happen, but didn't.  Also, I don't think a tour book six months later would make much news, but yes if a video release of the tour becomes available, it could be another opportunity to sell the tour book, but by that point if it's just images from the tour, it isn't what we know as a traditional tour book.  Also, they would have sold more copies during the tour if they made one available before now. :)

I miss the old school large formats of her old tour books but I'll settle for what they end up releasing. They know M freaks like us will buy it off the shelf or order it even if the tour was over 6 months ago.

1 minute ago, Magic Pussy said:

I miss the old school large formats of her old tour books but I'll settle for what they end up releasing. They know M freaks like us will buy it off the shelf or order it even if the tour was over 6 months ago.

Oh no doubt!  In fact, I prefer the tour book to include actual images from the tour.  That's true memorabilia from this specific tour.  I suspect the book will be far more expensive because they know less people will be buying it than if they had a book available during the tour.  :)

Last night was incredible. She was in good spirits and sounded great even though she complained a little later in the show about feeling a little under the weather.

Being in the golden circle was awesome for close-up photos and videos, but JESUS the sound is terrible down there. We could barely understand her when she was talking between songs. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful for the whole VIP experience, but I'm glad I got to see the show previously from farther away to get a better sense of the sound and visuals.

2 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Oh no doubt!  In fact, I prefer the tour book to include actual images from the tour.  That's true memorabilia from this specific tour.  I suspect the book will be far more expensive because they know less people will be buying it than if they had a book available during the tour.  :)

If they produced something the same size & quality as Madame X book BUT with much more substantial tour content, I'd pay up$$$$.