Your Top Five Celebration Performances!

Voguerista

This may change later (or at anytime), but, for now I'm choosing these five in no certain order:

Bad Girl (I've never had this song sticking in my head all day as long as I've been a fan)

Die Another Day

Don't Tell Me

Nothing Really Matters 

Hung Up

So what are you top 5 Celebration performances?

Adding an honorable mention: Mother and Father! 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't spoil myself a lot (yet) but the performances of Bedtime Story, Nothing Really Matters and Ray of Light (how much she improved to sing these two?!) are top notch already and will stay my faves. Literally obsessed with them, and consider I always love these songs to death so I could only expect a great performance for them. I also loved Mother & Father tho

My show won’t be until April so I leave this here because I’m bound to love some other parts after being in person:

1. Nothing Really Matters

2. Open Your Heart (so free and so bouncy)

3. Holiday (the ending made my wanna cry just from the vids we have seen)

4. Vogue (shocker right?)

5. Don’t Tell Me (dancing on point)

• 2 weeks later...

1. Live to Tell: Strong and emotional performance which resonates with so many. By sharing how impactful AIDS stigma, rejection, and discrimination were for her closest friends and allies, it is easy to understand how her dedication to this cause is so important to her - from being one of the first and few global artists to advocate in the 80s to her work in Malawi. 

2. Nothing Really Matters: Opening the show almost a cappella shows how powerful these words are. The energy of the crowd is amazing and the lights and visuals are elegant and unforgettable. 

3. Open Your Heart: She is happy, playful with the camera, the chair, the dancers and the audience. It is so free, easy, nostalgic and yet so fresh! This performance encapsulates the 80s Madonna mannerisms and dance moves that we all fell in love with back then. 

4. Erotica: The backdrop video, the dancers, the choreography, the beat of the song, everything is perfect culminating with the time travel experience to the Blond Ambition Tour. When this happens, the reaction of the crowd is amazing. It is almost like a transcendental connection - everyone in the room understands what that meant to pop culture. 

5. Vogue: Perhaps this is the one that new generations immediately recognize as a Madonna song. The ballroom is fun and the references to Beyonce’s remix updates this classic to a new audience. She is extremely beautiful and happy while performing and the costumes and choreography are absolutely brilliant. 

Honorable mentions:

Hung Up on Tokischa works wonderfully live. The entire room becomes a massive dance-floor. 

Die Another Day is so unexpected. The light work is insane and the choreography is intense. 

On 10/19/2023 at 3:08 PM, True Blue 84 said:

1 Live to tell

2 Bedtime Story 

3 Open your heart 

4 Don't tell me 

5 Like a prayer 

So far from whats ive seen, maybe it will change after time or after i seen it myself in Amsterdam 

I do a top 6 because i want Vogue in there to, so good and fun and sexy 

4 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

I do a top 6 because i want Vogue in there to, so good and fun and sexy 

I’m adding another one to mine too: Mother and Father! I love David’s part and him joining her to sing. It’s like a message of how much he and her kids have healed her (finally)after losing her mom and what she went through.  Just chilling!

This show is definitely in my top 5 so it's hard 

1. NOTHING REALLY MATTERS (maybe one of the most effective entrances of her career, after the Confessions tour one: simple, at the same time heavenly and energizing, warm and sophisticated. And she looks amazing, every night!)
  2. BAD GIRL (a dream come true: elegant, sensual, intense, sweet - with her daughter playing the piano, perfectly sung)
  3. JUSTIFY MY LOVE/FEVER (an incredible coreo, enriched by the live projection from the top of the stage, hot and unapologetic with absolute taste at 65, a hunting remix with the best easter egg finale ever ... you give me feveeer :broken:)
  4. LIKE A PRAYER (big coreo lover here and this Human Nature/Blond Ambition inspired and contricted one is effective, dramatic and dark, love the remix, I just would have liked the song to get the climax of the central choir, but it's fine)
  5. BEDTIME STORY/RAY OF LIGHT (the transition is so well done that it really feels like one continous number: BS is the preparation to the ROL explosion, getting unconscious to feel free: the theatrics for both and her image are impeccable!)

HONOUR MENTIONS for LIVE TO TELL and VOGUE, where she consigns two of her huge successes to pieces of recent history (the Aids plague and the lgbtqi+ culture and fights), with absolute respect and perfect staging (we also finally have the really camp version of Vogue we deserved), DIE ANOTHER DAY, impressive coreo and staging once again (Damien Jalet was the smart move she needed), and RAIN, wich is one of my favourite tracks ever.