Bad Girl ( The honest vocal coach)

True Blue 84

14 minutes ago, frozenonadancefloor said:

People here coming after Kylie she actually can sing... Her voice is very high pitched and thin it's true but she does have technique. If You Were with Me Now, her performance of Story in 2023, her operatic notes in Your Disco Needs You and just like Madonna Kylie does have a vibrato in her voice when she lets it loose which is an indicator shes using a good technique. Lot of Kylie's music is written for a nasal sounding thin and processed pop voice which is why her vocal talents are rarely shown off, but she most definitely can sing. I would say she was a stronger singer than Madonna in the early days, Evita made Madonna atleast equal to her, I don't care for fighting which one is better now sinnce Madonna lot's of times doesn't dedicate her performances to vocals either.  But to be fair it's not that far fetched for Georgina to not think Madonna is a great singer after that Eurovision mess, that performance really made a big hit on the GP's perception of her vocal talents and the artistic usage of autotune in madame x does not help that image.

Well I am a devoted lover for life but let's not pretend Kylie only felt comfortable to sing Confide in Me four years after song released (compare her 1995 performance to the I&L one). Anyone has their flaws and Kylie is no immune to them. I even found her latest remixes for Tension single incredibly ANNOYING, even Xtina doing Somos Nada ("flotaaaaaaaando en el sileeeeeeeeeencio") sounds better than what the "cool remixers" did to Kylie's voice...)

3 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Well I am a devoted lover for life but let's not pretend Kylie only felt comfortable to sing Confide in Me four years after song released (compare her 1995 performance to the I&L one). Anyone has their flaws and Kylie is no immune to them. I even found her latest remixes for Tension single incredibly ANNOYING, even Xtina doing Somos Nada ("flotaaaaaaaando en el sileeeeeeeeeencio") sounds better than what the "cool remixers" did to Kylie's voice...)

kylie isn't flavless I'm just saying she's not a bad singer at all, she usually just doesn't go all out on her voice probably to save it/get through the show easier. Her voice has lowered with age and confide in me and put yourself in my place are probably the 2 songs she doesn't pull off that well live but they're only 2 songs in her massive catalog. She's definitely not as good as some other singers Aguilera for example but she is definitely a decent live singer and she has avoided lipsync/vocal effects on her live shows which many great singers use during their careers. I don't listen to her remixes really so idk about those and I do adore Christina as a vocalist though sometimes she does too much but I personally find it funny and cute she's enjoying singing so much

5 minutes ago, frozenonadancefloor said:

kylie isn't flavless I'm just saying she's not a bad singer at all, she usually just doesn't go all out on her voice probably to save it/get through the show easier. Her voice has lowered with age and confide in me and put yourself in my place are probably the 2 songs she doesn't pull off that well live but they're only 2 songs in her massive catalog. She's definitely not as good as some other singers Aguilera for example but she is definitely a decent live singer and she has avoided lipsync/vocal effects on her live shows which many great singers use during their careers. I don't listen to her remixes really so idk about those and I do adore Christina as a vocalist though sometimes she does too much but I personally find it funny and cute she's enjoying singing so much

Dear, Kylie GOT THE WHOLE ME when she did Confide in Me in her Live in Sydney DVD. After that I have never been the same. I have only one answer to the lovers who hate CIM: "we all have our cross to bear... And in Kylie's world my crosses are YOU!"

4 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Dear, Kylie GOT THE WHOLE ME when she did Confide in Me in her Live in Sydney DVD. After that I have never been the same. I have only one answer to the lovers who hate CIM: "we all have our cross to bear... And in Kylie's world my crosses are YOU!"

Confide in Me is cute.

1 minute ago, androiduser said:

but point me to a live recording by Kylie with the crow vocals of Madonna's worst performances?

Both of them have their strengths and their weaknesses.

And one of them is an overall better singer.

This is a Madonna forum. I don’t care enough about Kylie to discuss her in-depth.

3 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

And one of them is an overall better singer.

This is a Madonna forum. I don’t care enough about Kylie to discuss her in-depth.

There was no need to bring Kylie into this in the first place just because some youtuber gave her a positive review in a separate video. But that's fan culture.

4 minutes ago, androiduser said:

There was no need to bring Kylie into this in the first place just because some youtuber gave her a positive review in a separate video. But that's fan culture.

But you always have something snide to say about Madonna on a Madonna forum. 👀 

You know what to expect and you hope it riles people up. Just own it. 👀

49 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

You lost me at Evita.

I like Kylie, but she has never and will never have the depth vocally that Madonna had during Evita and mostly since. And the warmth and richness.

Point me to a studio recording by Kylie with the depth and richness of the You’ll See vocal.

If you were with me now is one of kylie's best studio vocals but she hasn't done classical style songs as I know so obviously she won't have songs showcasing that type of singing. Sure Madonna during Evita sang technically better because she trained classical singing which is the more optimal technique to sing, however most of their stuff doesn't include that type of singing so It's easier to compare them in that. Sure I can agree that in late 90s Madonna was better vocally maybe in the 2000s too but in MDNA, rebel heart or madame X tours I see no trace of Madonna using her classical vocal technique from Evita anymore. Again I really have no interest to argue who is better singer, my point simply was to say that Kylie is not a bad singer and if she got a good review it's not rigged. Many people don't realise that pop/jazz style vocals usually sound like that live when there is no effects and heavy backtrack support

Just now, frozenonadancefloor said:

If you were with me now is one of kylie's best studio vocals but she hasn't done classical style songs as I know so obviously she won't have songs showcasing that type of singing. Sure Madonna during Evita sang technically better because she trained classical singing which is the more optimal technique to sing, however most of their stuff doesn't include that type of singing so It's easier to compare them in that. Sure I can agree that in late 90s Madonna was better vocally maybe in the 2000s too but in MDNA, rebel heart or madame X tours I see no trace of Madonna using her classical vocal technique from Evita anymore. Again I really have no interest to argue who is better singer, my point simply was to say that Kylie is not a bad singer and if she got a good review it's not rigged. Many people don't realise that pop/jazz style vocals usually sound like that live when there is no effects and heavy backtrack support

Dear, to sum it up:

KYLIE IS NOT A BAD SINGER. SHE ONCE WAS WHEN AT HER TIME AS PWL PUPPET.

KYLIE IS NOT WHITNEY HOUSTON EITHER, DESPITE HAVING A WIDER RANGE.

KYLIE IS HERE ONLY BECAUSE GEORGINA THE DAMNED PENDULUM GIRL TOLD SHE'S A GOOD SINGER WHILE M ISN'T AND GEORGINA HAS NO CONDITION TO DECIDE WHO'S A BETTER SINGER MOST BECAUSE SHE'S NO SINGER EITHER, SHE'S JUST THE "HONEST VOCAL COACH."

(sorry for the amount of CAPS)

33 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Dear, to sum it up:

KYLIE IS NOT A BAD SINGER. SHE ONCE WAS WHEN AT HER TIME AS PWL PUPPET.

KYLIE IS NOT WHITNEY HOUSTON EITHER, DESPITE HAVING A WIDER RANGE.

KYLIE IS HERE ONLY BECAUSE GEORGINA THE DAMNED PENDULUM GIRL TOLD SHE'S A GOOD SINGER WHILE M ISN'T AND GEORGINA HAS NO CONDITION TO DECIDE WHO'S A BETTER SINGER MOST BECAUSE SHE'S NO SINGER EITHER, SHE'S JUST THE "HONEST VOCAL COACH."

(sorry for the amount of CAPS)

I mean seriously all these Kylie hate? Kylie has had another number 1 album in the Uk a couple of weeks ago and anyone who saw her live can say she is an amazing singer (don't judge if your never attended her shows and don't be offensive), Plus Kylie has always supported Madonna and showed interest in making a duet so I don't get this jealousy...

2 minutes ago, Erotico said:

I mean seriously all these Kylie hate? Kylie has had another number 1 album in the Uk a couple of weeks ago and anyone who saw her live can say she is an amazing singer (don't judge if your never attended her shows and don't be offensive), Plus Kylie has always supported Madonna and showed interest in making a duet so I don't get this jealousy...

Who's saying I HATE KYLIE????

Most important, WHO'S SAYING IN THIS POST YOU QUOTED ME I AM EXPRESSING ANY HATE FOR KYLIE???

Do you know the meaning of the word "IRONY" or what...?

Just now, Erotico said:

Kylie's a great vocalist and a great human being. It's so funny to me how I always see Madonna's name on her forum and Kylie's name in here for one reason or another. They're both amazing and VERY different. They both respect each other. They're both KILLING IT right now. I love them both just as much and it's really fucking annoying to read hate comments for either of them on their respective fan forums. Some Kylie fans get triggered by Madonna cause Kylie will never be like Madonna in some respects and some Madonna fans get triggered by Kylie for the exact same reason. They're both women 4 decades into their careers who have remained to stay relevant and have shown support for each other countless times so if you don't like that's fine but the least she deserves is respect. I'm not even willing to debate that. I love them both just as much. To me, they're the Queen & Princess of Pop and both are Queens in my heart. 

2 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Most important, WHO'S SAYING IN THIS POST YOU QUOTED ME I AM EXPRESSING ANY HATE FOR KYLIE???

I don't think it was aimed at you. I think it's aimed in general to some people in here who are always disrespectful to Kylie simply cause they don't like her.

Just now, Anapausis said:

Most important, WHO'S SAYING IN THIS POST I AM EXPRESSING ANY HATE FOR KYLIE???

Calling someone a puppet, "Kylie is only here because Georgina".... actually Georgina didn't mention Kylie and Georgina said she's herself a Madonna fan.... cmon be nice I know the meaning of the word "smart a**"....