The Worst Like A Virgin TOUR reprensentation/performance?

Donna

The Worst Like A Virgin TOUR Reprensentation/performance?   

83 members voted

1. 1. The Worst Like A Virgin Tour Reprensentation/performance?

• Virgin Tour
    • Who's That Girl Tour
    • Blond Ambition Tour
    • The Girlie Show
    • MDNA Tour
    • Rebel Heart Tour
    • Celebration Tour
    • Confessions Tour

1 hour ago, True Blue 84 said:

Sorry but i have to say Celebration Tour performance, well its not even a performance actualy. I get it that she likes Michael Jackson and that he is the king of pop and she's the Queen, but this performance did not fit into this tour imo, its to much about Michael. And he only said nasty things about her when he was still alive.. And again, i respect she loves him and his music but for me this focus to much on another artist. 

My favorite is Blonde Ambition tour version 

I agree that MJ only said nasty things about her, but that shows how much of a bigger person she is.  Elton has said some mean things about her as well, but she seems to be able to forgive as well.  Maybe she realizes, those two are just too damn talented to even take to task. I don't understand it, but I appreciate the fact Madonna doesn't really speak poorly of other entertainers. 

11 hours ago, Velvet Rope said:

Well Michael & Madonna clearly must have made up before his death because why would she have wasted so much time paying so many tributes to him if they hadn't hashed out their differences? Also Brooke Shields and MJ were a couple for quite a few years and Brooke broke it off with him. Then spun around after his death and made it seem like he was this obsessive stalker in that documentary she put out.

I don't think Madonna and MJ ever really made up.  She seems to have a lot of other singers/entertainers backs when the public sort of turns on them: MJ, Tom Cruise, Britney (before it was cool), and Eminem come to mind.  I think she thinks Michael wasn't really a bad person per say but more the cause of how he grew up kind of thing.  Plus her son seems to like him a lot as well so I think that has a bit to do with it.

I was under the impression him and Brooke were just like childhood friends.  I don't mind Brooke but it just kind of seemed to me there would be more qualified people if you will to eulogize him.  

1 hour ago, McDonna said:

I agree that MJ only said nasty things about her, but that shows how much of a bigger person she is.  Elton has said some mean things about her as well, but she seems to be able to forgive as well.  Maybe she realizes, those two are just too damn talented to even take to task. I don't understand it, but I appreciate the fact Madonna doesn't really speak poorly of other entertainers. 

She saves all her wrath for Republicans :lol:

15 minutes ago, Blue Skies said:

I was under the impression him and Brooke were just like childhood friends.  I don't mind Brooke but it just kind of seemed to me there would be more qualified people if you will to eulogize him.  

They dated, but she wasn't as interested in him as he was her. That's why she wrote that he had it bad for her.  He did really love her I guess and wanted to be with her.  I don't think she intended to sound like he was stalking her though.

8 minutes ago, McDonna said:

They dated, but she wasn't as interested in him as he was her. That's why she wrote that he had it bad for her.  He did really love her I guess and wanted to be with her.  I don't think she intended to sound like he was stalking her though.

Even though we are talking about extremely famous people here to which the likes of someone like me will never meet or rub shoulders with.....  I can still see similar things to regular folks.  Sometimes people you wish to really like or notice you just don't care while people you don't really care for can actually like you a lot.

I imagine yeah based on what you wrote Brooke's sweet/bubbly/virgin like image she used to have would have probably sat a lot better with Michael than Madonna.  But I bet even when MJ bad mouthed Madonna she still always liked him to at least some extent.  

2 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Not fair to have the Celebration Tour on there when it wasn't a performance. 

I'll go with TGS - The tour was literally flawless except for that one single boring performance 

This is why I wrote "representation" in the title. I think it's fair because while it's not a live vocal performance from Madonna, there's still a performance going on for the song. 

2 hours ago, Blue Skies said:

I imagine yeah based on what you wrote Brooke's sweet/bubbly/virgin like image she used to have would have probably sat a lot better with Michael than Madonna.  But I bet even when MJ bad mouthed Madonna she still always liked him to at least some extent.  

Actually, if I recall it was Michael who was the shy one in that relationship.  I believe she tried to kiss him and she spoke about how he giggled like a school girl.  LOL!  (She didn't actually say that in those exact words).

Celebration Tour of course (voice/sound/visual)

All the other versions have their specificities with brilliant, diverse and varied interpretations...music, staging, atmosphere...sexy/humor/energy/darkness
Just one song that shows her workaholic side
and yet LAV is far from being my favorite song...

:heart:

21 minutes ago, Tony Fortin said:

Celebration Tour of course (voice/sound/visual)

All the other versions have their specificities with brilliant, diverse and varied interpretations...music, staging, atmosphere...sexy/humor/energy/darkness
Just one song that shows her workaholic side
and yet LAV is far from being my favorite song...

:heart:

I love how you wrote that.  Beautiful!!

6 minutes ago, Celebration said:

I actually like them all, but my least favorite is Celebration Tour. 

Sweet tribute to Michael, but no. They were never friends and I don't believe for a second that they kissed.

It's the song that made her a superstar, and it's represented by dancing SHADOWS? :/

Yes, I don't believe they kissed or at least to the romantic kiss Madonna alludes.  Madonna enjoys to spin things to make things more juicy.

For me "The Celebration Tour" too...

I don't care much what MJ said about her and all those things and I can understand the at the time they were equals, but I think the "Celebration" tour was too much about Michael. I could see something like she did on "The virgin tour" or "Sticky and sweet" tour adding a sampler or something like that. Something like what she did with Prince after "Like a prayer", who knows? But first of all I think "Like a virgin" was too big to share the spotlight this way.

I think it could have been nice if she had more artists there. For example, imagine "Like a virgin" complete by Madonna but in the shadows apart from her and Michael you could see Bowie, Prince and other artists that inspired her. A mash up between "Like a virgin" and "I want your sex" could have been funny too :P

Oh @McDonna you just knew exactly what you wanted with doing this poll...

To answer you: my least one is Who's That Girl Tour one. In fact, this is to me the least remarkable tour of hers. I really don't care for Parc de Sceaux achievement, blah to me. The tour just didn't give justice to both True Blue and WTG OST. Plus missed a few First Album singles. VT >>>>>>> WTGT.

Celebration Tour.

On opening night, when that interlude came on...we all looked at each other and asked why? M and MJ have never worked together, sure they hung out a few times publicly (let's face it, M totally milked the press by being his "date" at the Oscars) and perhaps some privately, but just how does he fit into her iconic LIFE/CELEBRATION??? She mashed up Billie Jean into the song during VT and paid tribute to him during the second leg of S&S tour and should have left it at that!

11 minutes ago, truerebel said:

Celebration Tour.

On opening night, when that interlude came on...we all looked at each other and asked why? M and MJ have never worked together, sure they hung out a few times publicly (let's face it, M totally milked the press by being his "date" at the Oscars) and perhaps some privately, but just how does he fit into her iconic LIFE/CELEBRATION??? She mashed up Billie Jean into the song during VT and paid tribute to him during the second leg of S&S tour and should have left it at that!

I think it's more about the fact the two are considered King and Queen of Pop.  Both created a lot of great music and videos throughout their careers. They both rose to that same status at the same time.  And of course, it's a nod to her performing it on the Virgin Tour, much like all the other visuals and costumes in this show pay tribute to her past.