Madonna and wigs

androiduser

11 minutes ago, Confessions Lightside said:

I would say she wore a wig in the "What It Feels Like For A Girl" music video.

You can see it at 0:02 in this video:

I believe her hair was real in the video as she had that hair style for awhile and performed at the 2001 Grammys with the same style.  The wig may have either been for the body double or a back up for Madonna.

rs-24734-00105567_lg.jpg

27c233a796e19ab8bb1e6faa1aa717ef.jpg?res

1 minute ago, otcoam said:

What keeps them in place when she’s performing? I’m always expecting a wig malfunction in a live show like the Celebration Tour. 

In one of the London shows, her wig started to come off towards the end of Sky Fit Heaven, and she just let it be as she finished with Mer Girl.  I think there was another time or two in the tour the wig fell off as well.

mer-girl03_wig.jpg

1 minute ago, Gonzus said:

LOL, it's not a wig. As stated in Rettemund's "Enclycopedia Madonnica", her hair turned accidentally pink during a bleach process.

If you say so... but that scene she's wearing a wig.  I'm full aware of her hair turning pink and you see that in the other scenes with her longer hair. The image I posted IS a wig!

1 minute ago, McDonna said:

If you say so... but that scene shes' wearing a wig.  I'm full aware of her hair turning pink and you see that in the other scenes with her longer hair. The image I posted IS a wig!

Yes, she wears some wigs in that video, but the pink hair is her own. No, it's not me who says so, is the "Encyclopaedia madonnica" LOL. Do you know that book? It's gospel truth

16 minutes ago, Gonzus said:

Yes, she wears some wigs in that video, but the pink hair is her own. No, it's not me who says so, is the "Encyclopaedia madonnica" LOL. Do you know that book? It's gospel truth

Yes, I am well aware of the book. I have each version. But again, I never said the pink hair isn't hers.  As mentioned, the scenes where you see her pink hair in pig tails is real. The image I posted is a short wig.

18 hours ago, Gonzus said:

Wait, wait, wait, I'm confused. What's a pig tale wig? So, you mean she's wearing a pink wig over her pink hair?

You might want to go back and re-read what I posted.  I never said the braided pig tails was a wig.  I was referring to the picture I posted and you quoted which you said was her real hair. In that scene she IS wearing a wig. 

Real hair with the braided pig tails...

giphy.gif

Below, she is wearing a wig...

4LCr.thumb.gif.eec3cb8cf504463558170ed54

Here she is with her real hair again...

a0930b353d971d317690cf97f08fc05b.gif

On 12/31/2023 at 5:41 PM, McDonna said:

In one of the London shows, her wig started to come off towards the end of Sky Fit Heaven, and she just let it be as she finished with Mer Girl.

I remember reading that after the audience reaction to this, she decided to start taking the wig off at the end of the song for the rest of the shows, and it worked so well!