Montreal, Canada - OPENING NIGHT!!!

groovyguy

hehe i wish the second song was nothing really matters and the third one joan of arc 

ghosttown , hold tight and inside out would be great too live 

i would replace body shop with best night  :tongue:

la vie on rose i would replace by take a bow or spanich eyes 

and of course a interlude of rescue me 

mash up material girl with give me all your love ( dance like the mash up video's )

old hits songs missing like a prayer , frozen and hung up 

that would be killer ass show  :smile:

Boring hairstyle for the first section. S&S teas.I have mixed feelings. There are so many great parts, but there are so many part that seems...not bad, but very casual and simple. Random songs order... I expected more from certain sections.In general, it didn't wow me. I felt many stuff were recycled (song versions, performances). Even Madonna's dancing was weird and casual.On the other hand, Everybody and Lucky Star were a nice surprise. WTG is great. I like the arrangement of Holiday and choreography for Deeper and Deeper.Some people announced it as Madonna's biggest tour, but IMO, it isn't perfectly executed and needed more thinking. Even fan made setlists were more interesting.

This seems to he her cute, casual and laidback tour. Ill get used to it... I have a feeling she didnt enjoy MDNA tour that much.It seems a bit Kylie-ish in some parts.

Ok I am sick and tired of certain users baiting for drama and being borderline childish. You know what I wish that i didnt just go through a family tragedy that left a giant hole in my life, thats bad. Fuck off already with trying to drag us all down because your immature self cant deal thst a mere pop show dissapointed you. You expressed your opinion 23 thousand times but all you want is to stir up shit. I am NOT here for that and I have zero patience at the moment.For the record im not wowed by some things about this show, but im not gonna act like its the end of the world. Perspective people.

If that's borderline childish, what is childish?  :Madonna006:

I'm sorry to hear you've gone through a bad time, Fighter.  The fact is, we're all mostly here to be part of a FAN community, and yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there is a difference between disagreeing and blanket insulting everyone who disagrees with you as "past your prime", "no taste", etc. etc. as well as wishing that bad things happen just because the whole world didn't revolve around you (wanting the tour to be cancelled, no DVD, never mind that plenty of people are raving about this tour).

At the end of the day, I hope we can all find something positive to take from the show or if you don't enjoy it, after you've had your say maybe it's best to go spend time on something that does make you happy.  Life is too short to be bitter.

For me, what makes me happiest about the show, besides the set list is the fact that it's one of 3 tours that M actually looks really happy again.  As a fan, I'm happy she's in a better place in her life.  She's given a lot of fans a lot of happiness over the years, so if she wants to sing Candy Shop and enjoys it, it won't kill me to suffer through it.

The fact is, even her most boring tour blows any other artist's tour out of the water.  We won't have her forever.  We shouldn't take her for granted.  This is the first time since RIT that I really see her being appreciative of her fans and I see it more as her embracing her legacy as a pop legend with nothing else to prove, having a good time, and finally opening her heart more to us instead of putting on the mask all of the time.  I'm going to appreciate and enjoy every moment live with her as if it's my last with her because who knows where life may take us and whether time or financial circumstances will allow our paths to cross again.

The MDNA intro it's above and beyond, everything in it it's just unbeatable

yes I remember I was blown away the first few LQ videos I saw of GGW on MDNA and from then on it was exploring all the details. The performance was unbelievable. 

i also feel the whole first section of MDNA Tour was very high energy and theatrical. I'm not getting theatrical vibes from this, the most theatrical part of the first section is Bitch I'm Madonna... but Gang Bang blows that out of the water.

yes I remember I was blown away the first few LQ videos I saw of GGW on MDNA and from then on it was exploring all the details. The performance was unbelievable. 

i also feel the whole first section of MDNA Tour was very high energy and theatrical. I'm not getting theatrical vibes from this, the most theatrical part of the first section is Bitch I'm Madonna... but Gang Bang blows that out of the water.

I think holy water is theatrical too (near the end)

The good thing is that she's done so many different types of shows that we can always go back and watch the older ones if we want to instead.  This is the first time since RIT that she's really embraced her own legend and I'm thinking with her nostalgia that was already evident in the RH album, it was the perfect time to blend the two.  I loved MDNA, but you really had to be a fan to appreciate it.

When I watched S&S for the first time, my first thought was wow, it looks more like hard work (gym) than fun (party) like Confessions.  Then MDNA came along and I thought wow, she's really bitter now.  I'm glad she's in a happier place in her life, as I certainly wouldn't want her to be miserable forever just for the sake of art.  Yes, there's obviously some room for improvement and I'm sure she'll continue to refine things as the tour progresses.  But she's earned the right to celebrate her own past and the fact that so many fans (and casuals) can celebrate and sing along with her this time is going to make for an incredible live atmosphere.

We're lucky now with technology and thanks to wonderful fan communities like this that we can get access to good quality videos and audio so quickly.  Hopefully more good quality clips continue to show up so we can treasure those show momentos along with a (please, unedited) properly done Blu-ray with tour documentary.

I agree. I feel MDNA, especially the first section, is not only very theatrical, but quite narrative driven, which is something I always like, and Madonna's repertoire lends itself very well to that. Thus far, with this show I don't get much of an actual "story" from it; it seems a bit more mix/match and mismosh where songs musically match rather than come together to construct some bigger arc--nothing wrong with that, and it doesn't curb my enthusiasm at all, but that's just a thing that has struck me most. Not every tour has to be moody and deep, I suppose; nothing wrong with just "[having] fun tonight" :P