Donna and Niki Concert Tonight in NYC/Streaming SOMEONE PLEASE CAPTURE

RUADJAI

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic

I was watching the podcast that some posted earlier in this thread, and why do I feel like Nikki is always on the verge of wanting to throw shade at Madonna?   She just seemed like she went out of her way, denouncing that she didn't even know who Madonna was when trying out for the Who's That Girl Tour.  Really?  I understand people being busy with their life, but she was working in a Vegas act and for Disney and she hadn't heard of Madonna?  Sorry, I'm just not buying it.  I just don't buy she didn't have any interest in working for a woman who had become a global superstar at that point. 

So today I’m kicking myself even harder for missing/overlooking this until it was too late. I had a response from Lucia at The Green Room 42 advising we’d have been able to watch the livestream for 24 hours after the show if we’d purchased livestream tickets. No other viewing option currently available:drama:

Looking forward to watching the video you’ve shared though @Enrico! Are you wanting to download it? I can do it and put it in Mega temporarily, if you need me to? Let me know!

1 hour ago, RebelMe said:

I still can't believe that Donna and Niki aren't on Celebration Tour. They were, for so many years, an important part of her career.  I believe most of us would prefer them on stage than 90% of the artists that were invited and no one cares/remember. 

Dog Eye Roll GIF by Rover.com

They where not important for her carreer. They had a great connection together on stage, and sounded good together, but if she didn't have nicky and donna she would have had 2 other back ground singers and Madonna's carreer would still be the same... 

8 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

They where not important for her carreer

I have to say I disagree. I absolutely agree about the connection on stage. However I can’t think of any other background vocalists she’s had that blended as well with her, or supported her. They just don’t compare at all - in my opinion lol. Musically this trio was the complete package for her, because their voices worked SO well for so many years. 

I think a lot of us, myself included, need to get over any hope of a reunion. So much time has passed, and people change. There’s the hope but I honestly need to get a grip lol. 

As a performer myself, I’ve performed with many artists, some for 6+ years in shows and tbh I can’t say as close as we were back then and worked well together, I wouldn’t bend over backwards to do it again because so much time has passed. So I get it.

6 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I have to say I disagree. I absolutely agree about the connection on stage. However I can’t think of any other background vocalists she’s had that blended as well with her, or supported her. They just don’t compare at all - in my opinion lol. Musically this trio was the complete package for her, because their voices worked SO well for so many years. 

I think a lot of us, myself included, need to get over any hope of a reunion. So much time has passed, and people change. There’s the hope but I honestly need to get a grip lol. 

As a performer myself, I’ve performed with many artists, some for 6+ years in shows and tbh I can’t say as close as we were back then and worked well together, I wouldn’t bend over backwards to do it again because so much time has passed. So I get it.

Im sure they would have found 2 back ground singers who's she would also sound good with. I loved the three of them, but im sure Madonna would have had the same succes without Nikki and Donna. And yes they where great together but she's doing fine without them either... 

12 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Im sure they would have found 2 back ground singers who's she would also sound good with. I loved the three of them, but im sure Madonna would have had the same succes without Nikki and Donna. And yes they where great together but she's doing fine without them either... 

Yes... this!  Sure Nikki and Donna had a connection and it was great, but like you stated, Madonna was already on top of the world when she brought these two gals on and would have surely gone on just as successfully without them.  But no doubt, they were a great team for awhile.  But the act is Madonna... not Madonna, Nikki and Donna! 

1 hour ago, McDonna said:

Yes... this!  Sure Nikki and Donna had a connection and it was great, but like you stated, Madonna was already on top of the world when she brought these two gals on and would have surely gone on just as successfully without them.  But no doubt, they were a great team for awhile.  But the act is Madonna... not Madonna, Nikki and Donna! 

Agree 100%

When I say that they should be invited, I had in mind as being a guest at some part of the show, like Amy Schumer and so many other celebrities, not as back singers. Furthermore, we must not forget the meaning behind Celebration Tour, so in my humble opinion, as much as they were replaceable, they had been an important part of her legacy, from performances to a music video, so we can't deny the impact that they had.  

Ps: I'm not vilifying Madonna, just in case someone thinks I'm mad at her. Subjects like this should have been discussed when they were planning the whole tour. 

All the guests this tour has been personal friends or "friends"/people that some way or another can give/has given something to her (Designers, coreographers, cool artists, A TV presenter who will give her free promo on the show). That's how Madonna operates, it has always been this way. It is silly to expect something different from her by now, it's setting ourselves up to frustation. 

We should be thankful we got Jose Xtravaganza, that's her being generous and thankful. 

1 hour ago, RebelMe said:

When I say that they should be invited, I had in mind as being a guest at some part of the show, like Amy Schumer and so many other celebrities, not as back singers. Furthermore, we must not forget the meaning behind Celebration Tour, so in my humble opinion, as much as they were replaceable, they had been an important part of her legacy, from performances to a music video, so we can't deny the impact that they had.  

Ps: I'm not vilifying Madonna, just in case someone thinks I'm mad at her. Subjects like this should have been discussed when they were planning the whole tour. 

They where iconic as a trio, but they where NOT important. She did , and still doing fine without them.

But i agree with you that it would be great if they did something together, just because the three of them where iconic. But to say they where important is a reach... 

5 hours ago, RebelMe said:

I have the feeling she was wanting to make it spontaneous.  Choose someone on the spot since most guest who were the judges weren't necessarily planned ahead of time.  It's like the Santa Clause judge.  He was pulled from the street the day of and he still didn't know exactly what to expect when he got up on stage.  Kelly Ripa explained a similar experience. She said they pulled her from the audience and was a bit vague in telling her what all to expect.  Of course, some guest judges may know what to expect if they've seen or heard of that segment beforehand. But again, I feel like Madonna is wanting that moment to be as spontaneous as possible. 

I also agree that she's pulling people who can help her in some way, whether that is promotion or some other connection.  Some she might pull because she knows it will generate more attention to her show. 

3 hours ago, McDonna said:

I have the feeling she was wanting to make it spontaneous.  Choose someone on the spot since most guest who were the judges weren't necessarily planned ahead of time.  It's like the Santa Clause judge.  He was pulled from the street the day of and he still didn't know exactly what to expect when he got up on stage.  Kelly Ripa explained a similar experience. She said they pulled her from the audience and was a bit vague in telling her what all to expect.  Of course, some guest judges may know what to expect if they've seen or heard of that segment beforehand. But again, I feel like Madonna is wanting that moment to be as spontaneous as possible. 

I also agree that she's pulling people who can help her in some way, whether that is promotion or some other connection.  Some she might pull because she knows it will generate more attention to her show. 

Exactly 👍