Free Brazilian Concert Officially Announced

51 minutes ago, androiduser said:

why would there be a translator in Brazil if there was no translator in any other country?

Because of the huge audience. In other countries, it was a paid show in an arena, so it already filtered the audience (they would be Madonna fans who probably know English) in addition to the fact that they were shows in Europe and North America, where a lot of people know English. In Brazil, few people know English beyond the basics.
BOB won't be able to warm up the audience by speaking in English. Pabllo could do it, maybe he'll even replace BOB most of the time (with the exception of Bitch I'm madonna/ Celebration)

1 hour ago, InterlacedGeek said:

There will be advertising during the live stream obviously ... insert/cut or banners ... any ideas on how it was during past live stream?

I don't think live concerts have interruptions for advertising... maybe some banners at worst? It's more likely that the sponsors will get a ton of advertising space in all announcements and before and after the live broadcast

58 minutes ago, androiduser said:

I don't think live concerts have interruptions for advertising... maybe some banners at worst? It's more likely that the sponsors will get a ton of advertising space in all announcements and before and after the live broadcast

I hope she does a Heineken commercial that is televised where she goes down on the bottle. 

There is a rumour going around that the "Itaú area" they are planning for the show will actually be reserved for 10k people. That should include the 750 clients they promised to draw plus guests, influencers and whatnots. Considering this area will be at the front and it's A LOT of people I can't even imagine how far away the "regular" audience will be from her and the catwalks.

Anyway, don't even know if there are actual brazilians visiting this thread but it just gets more and more nerve wracking for those attending the show.

5 minutes ago, missberic said:

There is a rumour going around that the "Itaú area" they are planning for the show will actually be reserved for 10k people. That should include the 750 clients they promised to draw plus guests, influencers and whatnots. Considering this area will be at the front and it's A LOT of people I can't even imagine how far away the "regular" audience will be from her and the catwalks.

Anyway, don't even know if there are actual brazilians visiting this thread but it just gets more and more nerve wracking for those attending the show.

it makes sense, the bank will want to advertise as many client benefits as they can.... and in such a large area, 10k is not a lot, it's like a smaller arena

For those who'll go, when are you planning to get there? I'll arrive in the morning and I think I'll make my way to the beach as soon as I arrive.

A bit worried about how many people will be camping there before the show day even arrives...

47 minutes ago, Ekans said:

For those who'll go, when are you planning to get there? I'll arrive in the morning and I think I'll make my way to the beach as soon as I arrive.

A bit worried about how many people will be camping there before the show day even arrives...

A bit? With 1 to 2 million people expected to show up, I would be terrified about how many would be camping there for days, but keeping a positive attitude is the best in this scenario my friend 🙏🏼

4 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

A bit? With 1 to 2 million people expected to show up, I would be terrified about how many would be camping there for days, but keeping a positive attitude is the best in this scenario my friend 🙏🏼

Oh God all my friends are telling me the same. xD

I'm trying to stay optimistic. I made all my friends sign up to the draw (vaideitau.com.br) so that if they win they take me with them to Espaço Itaú. I signed up too and I've just spent like 60 chances at the game with zero wins. There's like 100 remaining and I'll try to distribute them as the days go by. There's also a draw exclusive to Itaú's workers and since I work there I made all my job mates sign up. I'M ALMOST FREAKING OUT!

There are some kiosks at Copacabana beach that are selling spots to see the show from a good point of view but they cost around R$ 1000 (~ US$ 200) from what I've seen so far. Seriously considering paying for that... Good thing is they include open bar and some food as well.

6 minutes ago, Ekans said:

Oh God all my friends are telling me the same. xD

I'm trying to stay optimistic. I made all my friends sign up to the draw (vaideitau.com.br) so that if they win they take me with them to Espaço Itaú. I signed up too and I've just spent like 60 chances at the game with zero wins. There's like 100 remaining and I'll try to distribute them as the days go by. There's also a draw exclusive to Itaú's workers and since I work there I made all my job mates sign up. I'M ALMOST FREAKING OUT!

There are some kiosks at Copacabana beach that are selling spots to see the show from a good point of view but they cost around R$ 1000 (~ US$ 200) from what I've seen so far. Seriously considering paying for that... Good thing is they include open bar and some food as well.

Doesn’t sound bad at all 

6 hours ago, Ekans said:

Thousands 

On 4/8/2024 at 9:41 AM, extreme said:

Because of the huge audience. In other countries, it was a paid show in an arena, so it already filtered the audience (they would be Madonna fans who probably know English) in addition to the fact that they were shows in Europe and North America, where a lot of people know English. In Brazil, few people know English beyond the basics.
BOB won't be able to warm up the audience by speaking in English. Pabllo could do it, maybe he'll even replace BOB most of the time (with the exception of Bitch I'm madonna/ Celebration)

God I hope not. I don’t want anyone other than Bob.

On 4/8/2024 at 1:41 AM, extreme said:

She is An American artist, of course People won't expect a concert in Spanish or other languages. I think Bob is absolutely fine, he doesn't speak too much and it's not so difficult to understand. 

13 hours ago, missberic said:

brazilian here - I think 10k is quite a lot just for Itaú, there are other sponsors that may get a cut of a "reserved space".

saying that... I think you need to prepare, this concert won't be a regular stadium experience, nor an arena one.
I truly hope that you and all real fans get a good spot! but be prepared for every scenario.

15 hours ago, missberic said:

I've already been expecting a massive VIP area for this concert in Rio, knowing how big it was in Rolling Stones' concert.

What annoys me the most is that very few people who will be in this area will be real fans. The rest will be celebrities, former reality shows participants and influencers whom nobody knows which favourite Madonna's song is always Like a Virgin.

I've been to some concerts outside Brazil and I never saw such thing abroad, correct me if I'm wrong. VIP areas never take space from real fans and those celebrities who want to be in front of the stage just have to accept that he/she will be among every other common people.