Rio de Janeiro live May 4, 2024

39 minutes ago, Ian said:

"M is NOT going to Brazil I tell ya! It's not happeninnnnn! "

:crazyeyes:

Ahah, it's true but let's be honest and recognize that they can't be aware of EVERYTHING. This deal was strictly secret, looking at the promo campaign Itau and M released and still nobody even suggested anything for weeks after they shot at the Opera theatre. DM had a lot of infos this time, about the tour announcement, the graphic theme and colour, the setlist, the theatrics. It can also depend on the kind of contact they have in the production. People who work on the artistic part, if the deal is secret, could not know anything themselves untill it's time :cute:

5 minutes ago, stefo said:

Ahah, it's true but let's be honest and recognize that they can't be aware of EVERYTHING. This deal was strictly secret, looking at the promo campaign Itau and M released ans still nobody even suggested anything for weeks after they shot at the Opera theatre. DM had a lot of infos this time, about the tour announcement, the graphic theme and colour, the setlist, the theatrics. It can also depend on the kind of contact they have in the production. People who work on the artistic part, if the deal is secret, could not know anything themselves untill it's time :cute:

Well the thing is that they aren’t claiming any exclusive information this time. And they did have the exclusive of the Brazilian stop before anyone. 

I know that looking in hindsight is very easy to see things unfolding to where we are. But didn’t it seem suspicious to everyone that she was doing this massive Itau campaign and she wasn’t visiting the country? 

I think than more than one of us thought when it was announced “well obviously!!!” 🤣

38 minutes ago, Ian said:

"M is NOT going to Brazil I tell ya! It's not happeninnnnn! "

:crazyeyes:

HA!!  That's right!  Drowned Madonna swore this wasn't happening!  Very reason I take anything they share with a grain of salt.  And it's not hard to be right about something that's already been confirmed or mentioned by another source. :)

1 minute ago, andirabo said:

6802923be54f69b05631e982964a95f12b1c59ba

0154ca7f7de94b67eb877e81a0c1dbee2dc2bb80

dcff747ffef706e827cc1289d19f4525d6f45a4b

7f19e27cd3ab04f374f7f5f230cc2aaa6159972b

a39797998bc3c468a1b53a5883b453d71c1a85de

Oh my, but the platform they are building now is gonna be the BS video box one? I mean, if so the stage looks massive :wide-eyes: I'm so waiting for this thing, I'm so curious and excited she is gonna be the center of such an event with such a perfect show and to celebrate this point of her life and career. I hope she will mention the June health problems and got one million people giving her back all their love and support.

37 minutes ago, stefo said:

Ahah, it's true but let's be honest and recognize that they can't be aware of EVERYTHING. This deal was strictly secret, looking at the promo campaign Itau and M released ans still nobody even suggested anything for weeks after they shot at the Opera theatre. DM had a lot of infos this time, about the tour announcement, the graphic theme and colour, the setlist, the theatrics. It can also depend on the kind of contact they have in the production. People who work on the artistic part, if the deal is secret, could not know anything themselves untill it's time :cute:

The point is they were so sure this wasn't going to happen.  Whether it was "secret" or not, they went out of their way to try to insist it wasn't happening.  This is just one of many times they try to insist anything they don't post isn't accurate.  They go out of their way to disprove anything else they aren't able to provide an exclusive for, but the moment they make a mistake they quickly back pedal.  And the info you claim they did know has usually been reported by someone beforehand in most cases, but some seem to conveniently dismiss that and think DM is the site who has everything "exclusive" when it's not always true.

3 minutes ago, Donna said:

The point is they were so sure this wasn't going to happen.  Whether it was "secret" or not, they went out of their way to try to insist it wasn't happening.  This is just one of many times they try to insist anything they don't post isn't accurate.  They go out of their way to disprove anything else they aren't able to provide an exclusive for, but the moment they make a mistake they quickly back pedal.  And the info you claim they did know as usually reported by someone beforehand in most cases, but some seem to conveniently dismiss that and think DM is the site who has everything "exclusive" when it's not always true.

I see. I'm not that deep into these sides of the thing actually. Now I understand better what you ment. I simply get the news by them on FB and reading this forum, so now it's clearer thank you.

On the beach with Madonna: behind the scenes of the negotiations for a show in Rio

Imagine the scene: the greatest pop artist in history is in the middle of the Palais Garnier, the imposing headquarters of the Paris Opera. Saw? Then, with her blue eyes fixed on the camera, she says a completely off-script phrase: “Brazil, I’m coming”. But, in November 2023, less than six months ago, there was nothing certain, not even close, for Madonna to bring her “Celebration Tour” to the country. On the contrary, it was rumored that this would be an almost impossible mission due to technical reasons.

“At the time we thought: why don’t we ask her to record saying ‘Brazil, I’m coming soon’ as an extra for the commercial? If she agreed, she would express a reciprocal interest in facilitating the negotiation of a show. Well, she recorded that speech, but we still didn't have a way to use it!”, jokes Pedro Smith, head of Strategic Brand Relations at Itaú, whose centenary campaign stars Madge. It was up to the bank to pull strings to make it happen. This, of course, is running out of time.

“The day after recording the commercial, we watched her show in Paris and realized that the structure would be very difficult to adapt for a large presentation, like the one we wanted. Because of this, Guy Oseary [the singer's manager] gave us a cold shower,” says Smith.

Okay. There was the biggest bank in Latin America, which already had a close relationship with Madonna, and an experienced producer, used to dealing with the biggest names in showbiz. But destiny… It sometimes plays tricks.

“I had already tried to bring Madonna in 2006, without success, and I had already been talking to Live Nation, responsible for the 'Celebration Tour', but Madonna had that health problem last year and the shows were postponed”, explains Luiz Oscar, or LON, for those closest to you.

Okay, at the end of 2023, Madonna returned to action, recorded the commercial, sold out dates in Europe, but Luiz Oscar, who had gone on vacation at the beginning of the year, also had to deal with his own health. The producer suffered a serious accident, was hospitalized and was out of action. “I broke down completely”, he laughs, now that the scare has passed.

In mid-February (that is, just over 2 months before the show date), with LON back in action, negotiations intensified. “We became very close and exchanged a lot of characters, like a task force to make this show possible, because Itaú had a contract with Madonna and Bonus Track, with Live Nation”, says Smith, who became really close to LON. “It was Saturday, Sunday, sometimes 3am, and Luiz Oscar and I were in meetings with teams from outside Brazil.”

And the teams for everything related to Madonna, of course, are quite demanding. “We have to deliver a show complying with the level of production that it presents around the world, naturally adapted for a much larger space. Only when we had the resizing of this structure, sponsorships, television and technical issues approved was the contract finally signed”, explains Luiz Oscar, stressing that the leaks about the show that took over the internet in the weeks leading up to the official announcement did not interfere in the negotiations. .

We could only disclose it after everything was actually signed.”

According to him, the idea, from the beginning, was that the show at Princesinha do Mar would close the “Celebration Tour”, as “a great gift for Brazilian fans”. “It was a great choice – a Saturday, we have a holiday in the middle of the week and more people can visit the city”, says Luiz Oscar.

I hope Madonna enjoys it too.

https://billboard.com.br/madonna-bastidores-show-brasil/

6 minutes ago, stefo said:

I see. I'm not that deep into these sides of the thing actually. Now I understand better what you ment. I simply get the news by them on FB and reading this forum, so now it's clearer thank you.

Yeah, DM has had a history of competing with other Madonna fan sites.  I won't say they never had connections, but they spent many years fighting with other fan sites, trying to claim they have "exclusives" when in many cases, they didn't.  They also spend a lot of time disproving those they rival, just to cause friction with those sources.  It's sorta sad because at one time, I do believe they were a website with great connections with a lot of great info, but they ruined that by trying hard disproving other sources that were actually correct about things.

1 minute ago, Donna said:

Yeah, DM has had history of competing with other Madonna fan sites.  I won't say they never had connections, but they spent many years fighting with other fan sites, trying to claim they have "exclusives" when in many cases, they didn't.  They also spend a lot of time disproving those they rival, just to cause friction with those sources.  It's sorta sad because at one time, I do believe they were a website with great connections with a lot of great info, but they ruined that by trying hard disproving other sources that were actually correct about things.

Ok now it's all clear, my post was not coherent with the point then.

18 minutes ago, stefo said:

Ok now it's all clear, my post was not coherent with the point then.

All this began with my post that was taken as an exclusive when DM didn’t say anything of sorts. 

But in their defense they have been right about the tour ending in Mexico, saying that Brazil was one off show, they were right about Kylie and even got right about her outfit… son they have their “exclusives” 

Anyway I have no connections to or work for DM so in the end I don’t give a f… 

1 hour ago, andirabo said:

On the beach with Madonna: behind the scenes of the negotiations for a show in Rio

Imagine the scene: the greatest pop artist in history is in the middle of the Palais Garnier, the imposing headquarters of the Paris Opera. Saw? Then, with her blue eyes fixed on the camera, she says a completely off-script phrase: “Brazil, I’m coming”. But, in November 2023, less than six months ago, there was nothing certain, not even close, for Madonna to bring her “Celebration Tour” to the country. On the contrary, it was rumored that this would be an almost impossible mission due to technical reasons.

“At the time we thought: why don’t we ask her to record saying ‘Brazil, I’m coming soon’ as an extra for the commercial? If she agreed, she would express a reciprocal interest in facilitating the negotiation of a show. Well, she recorded that speech, but we still didn't have a way to use it!”, jokes Pedro Smith, head of Strategic Brand Relations at Itaú, whose centenary campaign stars Madge. It was up to the bank to pull strings to make it happen. This, of course, is running out of time.

“The day after recording the commercial, we watched her show in Paris and realized that the structure would be very difficult to adapt for a large presentation, like the one we wanted. Because of this, Guy Oseary [the singer's manager] gave us a cold shower,” says Smith.

Okay. There was the biggest bank in Latin America, which already had a close relationship with Madonna, and an experienced producer, used to dealing with the biggest names in showbiz. But destiny… It sometimes plays tricks.

“I had already tried to bring Madonna in 2006, without success, and I had already been talking to Live Nation, responsible for the 'Celebration Tour', but Madonna had that health problem last year and the shows were postponed”, explains Luiz Oscar, or LON, for those closest to you.

Okay, at the end of 2023, Madonna returned to action, recorded the commercial, sold out dates in Europe, but Luiz Oscar, who had gone on vacation at the beginning of the year, also had to deal with his own health. The producer suffered a serious accident, was hospitalized and was out of action. “I broke down completely”, he laughs, now that the scare has passed.

In mid-February (that is, just over 2 months before the show date), with LON back in action, negotiations intensified. “We became very close and exchanged a lot of characters, like a task force to make this show possible, because Itaú had a contract with Madonna and Bonus Track, with Live Nation”, says Smith, who became really close to LON. “It was Saturday, Sunday, sometimes 3am, and Luiz Oscar and I were in meetings with teams from outside Brazil.”

And the teams for everything related to Madonna, of course, are quite demanding. “We have to deliver a show complying with the level of production that it presents around the world, naturally adapted for a much larger space. Only when we had the resizing of this structure, sponsorships, television and technical issues approved was the contract finally signed”, explains Luiz Oscar, stressing that the leaks about the show that took over the internet in the weeks leading up to the official announcement did not interfere in the negotiations. .

We could only disclose it after everything was actually signed.”

According to him, the idea, from the beginning, was that the show at Princesinha do Mar would close the “Celebration Tour”, as “a great gift for Brazilian fans”. “It was a great choice – a Saturday, we have a holiday in the middle of the week and more people can visit the city”, says Luiz Oscar.

I hope Madonna enjoys it too.

https://billboard.com.br/madonna-bastidores-show-brasil/

Hell Yeah Reaction GIF

• Enrico changed the title to Rio de Janeiro live May 4, 2024
  • RUADJAI featured and pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic