The Official M new Music SPECULATION thread 👑

nikolica

Last in :

-Suspicious snippet used by Deezer (official sponsor of the Rio show) on their new teaser to promote the Rio show. New version of an obscure and unknow Ukrainian track from 1998. New version can't be identified on Shazam. Sound is fresh and 80's (just like Max Martin has described the new track he has made with M). Strange choice from Deezer considering they have access to all the Madonna catalog.

- Few days ago Ricardo Gomes has posted on his story a pic of Madonna with a recording mic followed by another pic with a text saying "unexpected suprise coming next week"

32 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

We're at home bitches ! Welcome in THE place to be if "We R Superstars" is your fav Madonna track, if you have subscribed to "TheNewMadonna" mailing list and you're waiting for the drop of the suprise double visual album she's been preparing secretly since last year ! Yes, you're in the right place if you've been told more than once "you're in for disappointement" or the infamous "Can't wait for the meltdowns". Here we believe in the cryptic tweets of "Popleaks", we swear ouf lives on the info of the insiders of PopJustice. Come join the party, this is where the fun is. Now speculate girls 

Voguing Strike A Pose GIF

Man, you are FUN! ❤️ 

As I speculated (😘) elsewhere, I think it's reasonable to assume that there had to be a discussion at some point about the new material M created with Martin, Sick Kick and any other producers she may have worked with that we know nothing about, and whether or not to release these before, during or after Celebration Tour. As Donna said in the New Album thread, it's possible that she hoped to use them as promo material before the CT, but ultimately rejected these tracks. That's what I had assumed too.

But man if that Deezer snippet ain't got the wheels in my head spinning! I know it really seems silly to interpret that wee bit of NOTHING as somehow a possible new M track, but you gotta admit- the circumstances surrounding it are odd to say the least, and THE SOUND!! my god the sound of it just so perfect. If it turns out it ain't a new M track after all, I hope someone on her team is paying attention to how fans have reacted to it! I haven't read a single comment from anyone here that said they didn't like it, but then again, all the comments seem to center on whether it's her or not.

Edited by ForceKin
Spelling (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, Donna said:

Was there really any need to start a new thread on this?  The other thread is sufficient and no one said no one couldn't speculate on it.  :confused:

I've decided to create this thread to keep the New album thread free from pages of speculations and stick to official anouncements. Some people can be annoyed by pages of speculations and wanna find the official new info easily. That way It's also easier to get what's official and what's speculated. 

2 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

I've decided to create this thread to keep the New album thread free from pages of speculations and stick to official anouncements. Some people can be annoyed by pages of speculations and wanna find the official new info easily. That way It's also easier to get what's official and what's speculated. 

I get that, but there is no official word on a new album, and that thread was based on speculations as well.  You can bet when a new album is officially announced it will get its own thread and own sub-forum.  Anyway, I just find this thread redundant.  Carry on, though! 

2 minutes ago, Donna said:

Was there really any need to start a new thread on this?  The other thread is sufficient and no one said no one couldn't speculate on it.  :confused:

I guess to make it more relevant we can pivot the discussion toward more rampant and explicit speculation. I'll get the ball rolling (again all for fun, not to be taken too seriously as some kind of pop gospel of THIS SHALL BE HAPPENING!)

Mysterious clue number 1: The snippet from the music streamer Deezer, who is an official sponsor of  M's upcoming mega gig in Brazil) uses a sample of an obscure, ie not at all popular, Ukrainian song from the late 90s... No other tracks (remakes or remixes) of this song have been uncovered by the M online community. So if it is a remake or remix that has nothing to do with M, it would have to be by another artist of an unyet released track, because this snippet contains all new production that obviously takes the "doo wee do wop" line from the original Ukrainian song into a decidedly 80s pop direction. Why would Deezer use THIS track, when as a music streamer and official sponsor of M's gig, they could use anything from her catalog? 

Intriguing clue #2: Martin himself described the track he did with M as VERY 80s sounding 🤔 

Tantalizing clue three: A day after the snippet from Deezer's social post, M's photographer posts a pic of her in the recording studio behind a microphone. Then his next post says, "Unexpected surprise" next week

Stimulating clue forty hundred B: whenever M is about to release new music, my nipples get so hard they could cut glass. And JUST THIS WEEK, I've ruined at least three tank tops... Coincidence?? 🤔 

Further speculation, IF Madonna didn't reject the Martin song and scrap it altogether, then she had to have purposely decided to not release it alongside or during the Celebration Tour. Martin described the track as very 80s sounding, so one would imagine that it would have worked very well with the theme of the CT. So if she is planning to release it at some point (hopefully sooner than we think!), then there had to be a reason she didn't use it with the CT promo cycle. I can think of a couple possible reasons why-

The track simply wasn't ready yet... She wanted the CT to be just her back catalog and nothing else.... And/or the new material was worthy enough of standing on its own and she wanted a separate release AFTER the tour, which coincidentally is the period we now find ourselves in.

Let's not forget that the CT evolved out of the biopic project. I speculate that as she was working on the biopic, M  became very absorbed with the idea of telling her life story. When that project fell through and/or got put on the back burner, I think she felt like she just had to run with the whole telling MY LIFE STORY thing, and lo and behold- she described the CT that exact way. I bring up that point because the fact that she did the CT doesn't mean she doesn't have enough worthy new material from her session(s) with more than one producer in the past few years, or that she has rejected the idea of ever releasing them. It could be that she was juggling two projects at once (telling her life story, and the release of new material), and she opted to keep the projects separate and release them sequentially. Seems logical, no?

8 minutes ago, steady75 said:

We’ve had one album since Rebel Heart which is a decade next year. And I thought 1988 was a bad year. 

I honestly don’t need some huge laboured project I need more regular old style albums from her. 89-2005

To be fair, "Rebel Heart" gave us 25 official released songs and "Madame X" 18. That's worth 3 albums of her 11-12-13 tracks standard pre-"MDNA".

And "MDNA" gave us 16!

But yeah, a new single is due already. If she's not ready for the album she can go the singles route like everyone else.

36 minutes ago, Prayer said:

To be fair, "Rebel Heart" gave us 25 official released songs and "Madame X" 18. That's worth 3 albums of her 11-12-13 tracks standard pre-"MDNA".

And "MDNA" gave us 16!

But yeah, a new single is due already. If she's not ready for the album she can go the singles route like everyone else.

But who is making money this way?  We know artists make very little from the songs they release, and if there is a song, there will be a demand for a proper video which will cost a lot of money.

Of course, I'm all for new music, but the current climate in the music industry is pretty unstable and if you're not hawking merchandise or some other branding side hustle (which everyone hates), it's all about touring for an artist to make real money. 

22 minutes ago, Donna said:

But who is making money this way?  We know artists make very little from the songs they release, and if there is a song, there will be a demand for a proper video which will cost a lot of money.

Of course, I'm all for new music, but the current climate in the music industry is pretty unstable and if you're not hawking merchandise or some other branding side hustle (which everyone hates), it's all about touring for an artist to make real money. 

Two things, ONE- does M really need to make money at this point? And two- couldn't you apply everything in your argument to the idea of a free concert- like the one coming up in Brazil? Yes, the bill is being footed by a bank and a variety of sponsors, but could you not just as logically argue that that could also apply to a new track? That it's brand building? That it's longer term investment in keeping M's brand relevant... Or better yet, one could even reasonably speculate that the sponsors for the gig WANTED a new track to coincide with the free gig to drum up greater anticipation from the general public!

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

And "MDNA" gave us 16!

Travel but the business model has changed. Plenty of songs on MDNA Rebel Heart and Madame X would have been left in the vaults before the streaming generation hit so her productivity has remained the same but more of it was used than before. 

1 hour ago, ForceKin said:

Two things, ONE- does M really need to make money at this point? And two- couldn't you apply everything in your argument to the idea of a free concert- like the one coming up in Brazil? Yes, the bill is being footed by a bank and a variety of sponsors, but could you not just as logically argue that that could also apply to a new track? That it's brand building? That it's longer term investment in keeping M's brand relevant... Or better yet, one could even reasonably speculate that the sponsors for the gig WANTED a new track to coincide with the free gig to drum up greater anticipation from the general public!

I think you missed the point.  Madonna is going to want to make a dollar or two here.  You can bet she's been paid a pretty penny for her RIO GIG.  I think you are mixing up the idea that this RIO is free to the consumer, but Madonna is still getting paid. This is why the Bank is involved. Do you really think she would do this for FREE?  This is a deal that no doubt banked her some real cash.

Also, she doesn't have to "brand build".  She already is a brand.  Anything she does now, is just icing on the cake. Her brand will be relevant for years to come just due to the fact she's played a huge part in the music industry and culture, especially one of the biggest music cultures.. the 80's. 

I never said a new track wasn't possible for the Rio gig.  In fact, I thought of that and commented on that on several occasions in other threads on the RIO topic. I would love for that to happen and don't see it as an impossible idea.  Believe it or not, I am quite open minded, even though that I am not setting myself up for unrealistic expectations. Remember this thread was erected at one time because many assumed she has a ALBUM in the wings, ready to be released.  I absolutely and 100% sure that isn't happening at this time.

Going back to my original post, that questioned if her just releasing singles at this point would be viable, still stands!  No one really is making money off of releasing their singles unless they are getting massive airplay from the usual platforms or sponsorships that are paying these artists for their songs.  Unfortunately, Madonna has been absent from most of those platforms for sometime now. 

Finally to answer your question? "Does Madonna need to make money at this point?"  That's a poor question to ask. Do you need to make money at this point in your life?  No matter how rich she is, she does have a lifestyle she lives up to.  I'm sure this is something she prefers, as well as the many people she must pay to keep her comfortable as well as providing new content.  It's not easy as to think just because someone is a millionare that they can just do everything for free at this point. That would be crazy.  Like mention, she live a pretty comfortable life style. She has children and family to support. She has many obligations that surely is costly to her. Madonna isn't the sort of person who is going to stop finding ways in making a buck.  She'll find anyway, to keep making more money.  Because we all know eventually, there will come a time that the money stops rolling in and if she's not banked enough money, it's easy to find yourself in the poorhouse. I never expect that of Madonna because she's a smart business woman.  Nothing is FREE and Madonna is wealthy as she is, because she knows how to make and invest her money.

There's still money to make with new music, especially for big names like her. She's not an obscure indie artist.

Plus, a series of big numbers singles could actually help her to build hype for her next album.

There's absolutely zero risk in dropping new music and I'm sure she will do it this year when the tour's over (maybe not right after, we wish).

5 minutes ago, Prayer said:

There's still money to make with new music, especially for big names like her. She's not an obscure indie artist.

Plus, a series of big numbers singles could actually help her to build hype for her next album.

There's absolutely zero risk in dropping new music and I'm sure she will do it this year when the tour's over (maybe not right after, we wish).

This is all true.  I agree! It's not impossible for new music to be released... even an album, but it's more likely a single song or something related to the Celebration Tour this year.

4 minutes ago, stefo said:

Ahah, I saw the thread had many new posts so I thought something happened, sorry :lol:

Don't apologize!  In fact I knew that new posts and now the  new thread would confuse people to think something new is coming. Some are so delirious in thinking what they hope to happen is actually happening. :)