Rio de Janeiro live May 4, 2024

This was real. I loved seeing Madonna get messy in sweat! I think there were a few missed opportunities with choices of wide shots vs close-ups, but they captured the show well! It was a monumental achievement considering where Madonna was at just ten months ago, and she has re-cemented her status as the global icon she deserves to be seen as.

I can’t believe it’s all over! The Celebration Tour era started almost a year and a half ago, and once again I will see this as a very particular time in life. I hope you all feel this in your own special way! How lucky we are to be able to look back on our lives always having Madonna as a reference point. She’s quite extraordinary. This feels bittersweet! I will miss the frenzy of posts that the tour inspired. Who knows what’s next or when it will transpire, but it’s been a blast! 💛 

I really love tonights show, its shot perfectly, but they where so sloppy with those pre-recorded vocals, sometimes the vocals doesn't even match her mouth, or they play while her mic is away from her mouth. It's a bit sad because we know she sang live, others will definitely say she's lipsyncing... 

34 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

I really love tonights show, its shot perfectly, but they where so sloppy with those pre-recorded vocals, sometimes the vocals doesn't even match her mouth, or they play while her mic is away from her mouth. It's a bit sad because we know she sang live, others will definitely say she's lipsyncing... 

and she even didn’t give a single fuck 😂

6 minutes ago, Angelo said:

and she even didn’t give a single fuck 😂

At the spot her vocals where different, so she couldn't see this. Watch amature fan videos from tonight and you notice that she sounds way more live. 

https://www.instagram.com/stories/kasiuha/3360926165067945679/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZIJnbcLYD/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZIJnbTMLK/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZIJngR17a/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZIJngjvth/

9 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

At the spot her vocals where different, so she couldn't see this. Watch amature fan videos from tonight and you notice that she sounds way more live. 

https://www.instagram.com/stories/kasiuha/3360926165067945679/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZIJnbcLYD/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZIJnbTMLK/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZIJngR17a/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZIJngjvth/

The mix in the broadcast had the backing back vocal all the way UP and that obviously helped her to sound better for us, but also caused some issues when she stopped a sentence earlier and the backing vocal kept going. Minor things, in my opinion.

Also, I notice Stuart beefed up some parts for this last show, probably cause they wouldn't translate good in such a biiiiig venue on their original form, from memory:

- "Into The Groove" was really beefed up with bass and new sounds

- "Bad Girl" sounded way much fuller, but it could be just the original with professional sound and not the fan recordings. But I hear strings I never heard before in the tour

- "Crazy For You" was aaaalmost acapella during the tour (just a little instrumental behind), but tonight was a much fuller instrumental

- "Die Another Day" had new chorus chords in the intro

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The mix in the broadcast had the backing back vocal all the way UP and that obviously helped her to sound better for us, but also caused some issues when she stopped a sentence earlier and the backing vocal kept going. Minor things, in my opinion.

Also, I notice Stuart beefed up some parts for this last show, probably cause they wouldn't translate good in such a biiiiig venue on their original form, from memory:

- "Into The Groove" was really beefed up with bass and new sounds

- "Bad Girl" sounded way much fuller, but it could be just the original with professional sound and not the fan recordings. But I hear strings I never heard before in the tour

- "Crazy For You" was aaaalmost acapella during the tour (just a little instrumental behind), but tonight was a much fuller instrumental

- "Die Another Day" had new chorus chords in the intro

Was Stuart playing live tonight? She made some mention of him. I think he was adding parts?

Either that or we just heard things that we can’t normally hear. But it was definitely different at times. Crazy for You was noticeably different.

1 hour ago, True Blue 84 said:

I get what you mean but I think if they hadn’t of done that the raw vocals may have drawn criticism also. At the end of the day, the mic was definitely on. Haters will always find reasons to trash her no matter what she does. For me things went very smoothly and I was happy with how it sounded overall. Much better the over edited shit we’ve been getting for official releases in recent years.

3 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I get what you mean but I think if they hadn’t of done that the raw vocals may have drawn criticism also. At the end of the day, the mic was definitely on. Haters will always find reasons to trash her no matter what she does. For me things went very smoothly and I was happy with how it sounded overall. Much better the over edited shit we’ve been getting for official releases in recent years.

But the raw vocals sounded definitely not bad. This loud backing track broadcast vocals makes it look like she is lipsyncing. Watch Holliday and Music. With Music she is allready jumping into the girls arms while her backing vocals still playing loud. You can barely hear the difference between her live vocals and backing track. They don't sound natural to me. She sounded fine the past dates of the tour. And in the past the backing tracks could be heard also but you could also hear her singing live over them most part of the show. In this broadcast it just sounds weird.  She allready getting slaughtered in online comments about lipsyncing, wich is sad because we know the mic was on... 

I got to let this one go i know, it is what it is... 

2 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

But the raw vocals sounded definitely not bad. This loud backing track broadcast vocals makes it look like she is lipsyncing. Watch Holliday and Music. With Music she is allready jumping into the girls arms while her backing vocals still playing loud. You can barely hear the difference between her live vocals and backing track. They don't sound natural to me. She sounded fine the past dates of the tour. And in the past the backing tracks could be heard also but you could also hear her singing live over them most part of the show. In this broadcast it just sounds weird.  She allready getting slaughtered in online comments about lipsyncing, wich is sad because we know the mic was on... 

I got to let this one go i know, it is what it is... 

I think you're making much of it from what it really is. The backing back vocal was present during all the tour, and the same "issues" we saw yesterday happened in all the dates. Yesterday we had professional sound, previously it was all fan recordings. So it was more noticeable.

No one is making anything of that, everyone is talking about how great and iconic last night was.

The audio aspect is just another part of it and not a big deal in the little issues. It's not like she dropped her mic and the voice kept singing in the back.

6 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Technical problems during Bedtime Story. The front of the box was not working 

I was just about to ask if this was intentional since they came back for ROL. 

8 hours ago, cyberrage said:

So happy we are getting the unedited live professional version, its amazing 

I believe this is the first unedited show since RIT that we got which wasn’t even official. So technically since DWT. 

Loved all of it. 

8 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

What you hear on audience recordings is not a true indication of what her voice on its own would sound like on tv. I think the sound people did a an amazing job mixing her live voice with backing tracks. The people criticizing her are just blind haters, ignore them. Her mic was on .

6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I think you're making much of it from what it really is. The backing back vocal was present during all the tour, and the same "issues" we saw yesterday happened in all the dates. Yesterday we had professional sound, previously it was all fan recordings. So it was more noticeable.

No one is making anything of that, everyone is talking about how great and iconic last night was.

The audio aspect is just another part of it and not a big deal in the little issues. It's not like she dropped her mic and the voice kept singing in the back.

I do not agree at all.. yes the past dates had some similar situations, start singing to late or stuff like that, BUT you could also hear that everytime, you could always hear when her live vocals kicked in. The difference between the backing track and the tape could be heard. It can also be heard when you listen to fan recordings from last night. It can not be heard AT ALL in the official broadcast audio. 

But that's just me, i gues everybody looks different at these things. 

The show tonight was great, this tour is great. But im just not satisfied with the broadcast audio while on the spot itself it sounded way different...

No hard feelings 

13 minutes ago, Prayer said:

There were points in the show where the mic was very clearly on eg, don’t tell me. And other points where she was almost lipping. I totally agree, it was just like every other show. It sounded great throughout.

5 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

I do not agree at all.. yes the past dates had some similar situations, start singing to late or stuff like that, BUT you could also hear that everytime, you could always hear when her live vocals kicked in. The difference between the backing track and the tape could be heard. It can also be heard when you listen to fan recordings from last night. It can not be heard AT ALL in the official broadcast audio. 

The show tonight was great, this tour is great. But im just not satisfied with the broadcast audio while on the spot itself it sounded way different...

No hard feelings 

Keep also in mind we've been listening to fan recordings, of all kinds, for 80 shows.

Also, fan videos. The ones that have been following all the fan videos were used to certain angles and parts that were lost yesterday, cause fan footage and professional footage are two different worlds.

Of course the first professional recording of both, audio and video, is going to be different and an "adjustment".

3 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

No hard feelings 

Wait til the Milan soundboard leaks, you will hear what you’re not missing :laughing:

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

There were points in the show where the mic was very clearly on eg, don’t tell me. And other points where she was almost lipping. I totally agree, it was just like every other show. It sounded great throughout.

Music and Holiday sounded lipped last night..

h she did it she was bloody great. Not one awful moment the haters could grab and make go viral. It was just soo lovely. I really enjoy seeing her have a great time and be a bit free-er and in the moment rather than counting so hard and doing insane choreography. It was the perfect amount of joy. Nice to see an old school version of her concert but also can’t wait for the all singing sparkly shinny Blu Ray that captures all the intricate details.

well done mom x 

8 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Keep also in mind we've been listening to fan recordings, of all kinds, for 80 shows.

Also, fan videos. The ones that have been following all the fan videos were used to certain angles and parts that were lost yesterday, cause fan footage and professional footage are two different worlds.

Of course the first professional recording of both, audio and video, is going to be different and an "adjustment".

Look, the overall sound tonight was not bad, could her live vocals be more prominent tonight? Yes... is that a big deal? A little, because there are bootlegs out there that look amazing and with 10x better audio than this ( vocal wise) what bothers me about tonight is that in Holliday, when she puts her mic away, there is no difference in sound, and with music, the moment she jumps into the arms there is no difference in sound. I know in the past dates things like that happened but it was almost always noticeable, when she put her mic away to early it could be heard. On tonights broadcast it couldn't. Thats what bothers me because those things make it look like shes lipsyncing. Overal the sound was not bad, but it just sounds a bit weird.  There is a member on here who does a hell of a better job with sound. 

• Enrico changed the title to Rio de Janeiro live May 4, 2024
  • RUADJAI featured and pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic