Rio de Janeiro live May 4, 2024

The live audio is the closest ive heard to one of her 80's and 90's tours ever. I swear to god I think this has turned a corner for her. She will one hundred percent be more inclined to do the hits from now on because the love she has felt on this tour and the reactions of fans truly living for the oldies must have been a shot in the arm for her after us having to suffer Dark Ballet live :/

Side note. I know Nothing Really Matters was the Opening number but for me Everybody should be the opening number forever from now on. The energy oh my god. That song has always been so so so underrated in the Madonna fan base and it's always been top ten for me. 

I'm gagging listening to this concert back like I haven't been since maybe Girlie Show. Rebel Heart and Confessions were great too but this is sublime.

I got home now and I'm still shocked.  This 65-year old woman is impressive and the show was epic and huge.  Sorry the other audiences but brazilians are the best lol. Watching it with my whole family even in different places in Copacabana was special too. Listening  to their opinions too.  Please let the links to download work,  I wanna download everything. Great memories from Rio are burning my heart right now. 

I genuinely think the Live album is gonna do insane numbers comparatively to the last four. 

It's just such a great listen. It's one I 100% want on vinyl and I actually feel like it's gonna be a go to for me when I want a Madonna hit.

I've re watched the concert. Madonna was great BUT I don't know what you guys think about the general visual direction of the show. Who directed the stream? Jonas? I think the camera angles and the general presentation was poor. They missed the highlights of the show so many times. 

1 minute ago, judas2015 said:

I've re watched the concert. Madonna was great BUT I don't know what you guys think about the general visual direction of the show. Who directed the stream? Jonas? I think the camera angles and the general presentation was poor. They missed the highlights of the show so many times. 

The Stream was the Globo Channel. Jonas didnt direct only consulted

But while not perfect this is much better than any of her live recordings since S&S

20 minutes ago, judas2015 said:

Do you understand how complicated it is to handle audio and video mixing for a LIVE broadcast? You cannot expect to get every single or angle correct.

If we get a proper release, I am sure things will be corrected (i.e - The Drowned World Tour HBO Broadcast vs. DVD).

12 minutes ago, MonsieurX said:

Do you understand how complicated it is to handle audio and video mixing for a LIVE broadcast? You cannot expect to get every single or angle correct.

If we get a proper release, I am sure things will be corrected (i.e - The Drowned World Tour HBO Broadcast vs. DVD).

In live television broadcasts, the crew is there at every rehearsal and shoots. The director determines which scene is important in advance rehearsals. This isn't my first time watching a live concert on TV of course :)

37 minutes ago, MadonnaLove said:

There should be a list with all her dancers names who participated in the tour!

I was impressed with the credits and graphics at the end of the live show bc it listed the dancers - actually everyone from Jonas akerland to including the two backup singers, munchie and Kylie dean who pre-recorded their vocals, physical therapists, etc. it was thorough!

Guys, I'm still riding that high! I met so many people... getting there early was just incredible. Rio is amazing, the vibe was magic.

And nearly everyone was singing along. I'm not sure what was happening behind me, but with over a million people there, I can't imagine what they experienced. There was this magical energy all around us. It felt like we were all part of her performance, deeply connected to each other despite our differences, our diverse cultures, stories, and nationalities (it was mostly Brazilians, but there were a few other Europeans too).

It may not be her biggest tour, but with that kind of crowd, the show was insane (as any Madonna tour would be, except for Madame X, just saying) and I'd say we made history!

Watching the Globo recordings for the second time, I get emotional thinking about what she achieved at 65. I love her so much ♥️🥺

We could nitpick,bher voice isn't what it was without autotune, and there are things we might not like, but now's not the time. She's an absolute force of nature! We were all loving it like crazy.

The official footage doesn't capture just how engaged the crowd was. I caught four shows of the tour, in arenas across Europe and in San Francisco. Those arna shows were probably even better, but here it felt more grand, and I wasn’t overanalyzing. Yesterday I was fully in the moment—moved, laughing, dancing, and just living it up! It was a whole different thing!

I'm so happy I went to this show ♥️

18 minutes ago, MonsieurX said:

I’m glad it was imperfect and loved seeing it as it aired live since anything could’ve happened.  Based on how much Jonas shot in LA and Mexico we’ll get a polished, arguably over polished version of this tour. The amount of camera coverage for this gigantic Rio outdoor show I’m sure was insane. Also, as you mentioned the live audio mix is real hell and I’m sure they erred on the side of caution mixing her live and prerecorded vocals. It’s not necessarily because her voice has “bad” but a wireless mic cutting out is more jarring than heavy layering of pre-recorded vocals.

1 hour ago, judas2015 said:

I agree, at the same time this kinda rough shooting really got me back to the 80s and 90s tv broadcasting of her tour (Torino, Barcelona/Nice and Sydney), helping me feel that kind of vibe again. I missed it in the following tv shows like Confessions or MDNA.

Said that, wich is very personal, I definitely agree with you (the eneagramma symbol designing around her in DAD or the early zoom on her, who was fixing her costume :lol:, during the entrance, reducing the effect of her coming out of the smoke, the somersault during ROL taken when it was almost over and so on). So, yeah, I'm happy she is releasing her own version of the show.

Even if, for me, the energy when everything is perfectly fixed is different, I can't deny it, not as strong as this kind of rough takes.

11 minutes ago, FraP said:

Guys, I'm still riding that high! I met so many people... getting there early was just incredible. Rio is amazing, the vibe was magic.

And nearly everyone was singing along. I'm not sure what was happening behind me, but with over a million people there, I can't imagine what they experienced. There was this magical energy all around us. It felt like we were all part of her performance, deeply connected to each other despite our differences, our diverse cultures, stories, and nationalities (it was mostly Brazilians, but there were a few other Europeans too).

It may not be her biggest tour, but with that kind of crowd, the show was insane (as any Madonna tour would be, except for Madame X, just saying) and I'd say we made history!

Watching the Globo recordings for the second time, I get emotional thinking about what she achieved at 65. I love her so much ♥️🥺

We could nitpick,bher voice isn't what it was without autotune, and there are things we might not like, but now's not the time. She's an absolute force of nature! We were all loving it like crazy.

The official footage doesn't capture just how engaged the crowd was. I caught four shows of the tour, in arenas across Europe and in San Francisco. Those arna shows were probably even better, but here it felt more grand, and I wasn’t overanalyzing. Yesterday I was fully in the moment—moved, laughing, dancing, and just living it up! It was a whole different thing!

I'm so happy I went to this show ♥️

Love this man, it's been one of her best tour, definitely, maybe in the top three also. And you've been part of it in the most spectacular stop :heart:

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic