Sean Penn: "She is Someone I Love!"

Donna

Apparently Sean's still loves Madonna as she does him, and claim they are friends. He is reported to speak about the abuse rumors for the first time ever while Madonna has stated several times in the past he never abused her. Here's the E! NEWS video where he is said to speak of their rocky marriage.  I am not sure where E! News obtain his conversation on this, so I don't know how much of what is reported here is out of context.  Still interesting to hear his supposed side of things.

2 hours ago, musicinferno said:

I'm still upset she claimed he never abused her when there are police reports saying otherwise. He tied her to a chair and left her for hours and even tried to throw her in the oven ffs 

Have you ever been abused or known someone who was abused? Sad to say it's common that they're afraid to say anything or admit it whether its out of retaliation or out of public embarrassment. 

Hmmm, it's mentioned in Rolling Stone in 1989

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/madonna-the-rolling-stone-interview-103058/

GQ3JGgWaQAAfibE?format=jpg&name=medium

and in 2015 Madonna said in a signed affidavit saying, “While we certainly had more than one heated argument during our marriage, Sean has never struck me, ‘tied me up,’ or physically assaulted me, and any report to the contrary is completely outrageous, malicious, reckless and false."

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

Have you ever been abused or known someone who was abused? Sad to say it's common that they're afraid to say anything or admit it whether its out of retaliation or out of public embarrassment. 

Actually, yes. I was physically abused my by ex of 4 years and I'm a social worker so I'm around a ton of abused and victims. I understand the embarrassment as I felt it too; I didn't tell anyone till several year after that I was a victim and constantly lied about my wounds and injuries to cover up for my ex. 

I thought that Madonna would tell the truth decades later but clearly she wants too keep her friendship with Sean positive so she still covered for him. 

12 hours ago, musicinferno said:

I'm still upset she claimed he never abused her when there are police reports saying otherwise. He tied her to a chair and left her for hours and even tried to throw her in the oven ffs 

Parts of this is true while others are not.  Police were called out and a report was made, but the tying to the chair and putting her in the oven was not. This was embellished by the press.  Such an incident like this would be highly traumatizing and there is no way I believe this happened and Madonna still remains friends with him after all these years. 

No police report was made between them with such details.  If so, there would be proof of that.  Such rumors of the details in the police report are totally embellished.

5 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Actually, yes. I was physically abused my by ex of 4 years and I'm a social worker so I'm around a ton of abused and victims. I understand the embarrassment as I felt it too; I didn't tell anyone till several year after that I was a victim and constantly lied about my wounds and injuries to cover up for my ex. 

I thought that Madonna would tell the truth decades later but clearly she wants too keep her friendship with Sean positive so she still covered for him. 

Lol so it couldn't possibly be for embarrassment or manipulation, its because she only wants to stay friends with sean lol 

I don’t think anyone knows what really happened except themselves. They were young and both head strong. What’s cool though is they’ve found a way to forgive, move on from what happened, and be friends. I think there will always be something very special between them and that’s ok.   It’s no one else’s business but their own. 

8 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I don’t think anyone knows what really happened except themselves. They were young and both head strong. What’s cool though is they’ve found a way to forgive, move on from what happened, and be friends. I think there will always be something very special between them and that’s ok.   It’s no one else’s business but their own. 

My guess being he was easily angered by the press, the press ended up making up shit that he did something horrific to Madonna.  I'm sorry, but if he abused especially to that extent, I don't believe nearly a year later, she's be professing that Sean was "the love of her life".  Also, he's been in many high profile relationships/marriages since. Not one of them have even hinted he was violent towards them. 

What I do believe happened is that they had a huge misunderstanding at one point. Police were called, but the press made up the rest.  As mentioned, Sean was never kind to the press and it's quite believable someone in the media just made up that he abused her in such a horrible way. If anything, I would believe Madonna probably over reacted at some moment in their marriage and that's why the police got involved.  I think she knows that and that's why she really never spoke of what happened between them, other than what she's said over the years, confirming the abuse never happened. Of course, no physical abuse is excusable, but let's not pretend Madonna is completely innocent here.  Sean hated the Press, yet Madonna welcomed it.  He even went to jail for going after someone in the press.  I can see her using the press to her advantage to piss off Sean.

44 minutes ago, Donna said:

My guess being he was easily angered by the press, the press ended up making up shit that he did something horrific to Madonna.  I'm sorry, but if he abused especially to that extent, I don't believe nearly a year later, she's be professing that Sean was "the love of her life".  Also, he's been in many high profile relationships/marriages since. Not one of them have even hinted he was violent towards them. 

What I do believe happened is that they had a huge misunderstanding at one point. Police were called, but the press made up the rest.  As mentioned, Sean was never kind to the press and it's quite believable someone in the media just made up that he abused her in such a horrible way. If anything, I would believe Madonna probably over reacted at some moment in their marriage and that's why the police got involved.  I think she knows that and that's why she really never spoke of what happened between them, other than what she's said over the years, confirming the abuse never happened. Of course, no physical abuse is excusable, but let's not pretend Madonna is completely innocent here.  Sean hated the Press, yet Madonna welcomed it.  He even went to jail for going after someone in the press.  I can see her using the press to her advantage to piss off Sean.

Yes to this! 🙌🏼

1 minute ago, Cyberraga said:

If both are good that's fine. If Madonna really had bad blood with him she wouldn't let him get away, and her friends like Debbie Mazar wouldn't say Sean was Madonna's true love. 

Preach!  She's cut ties and burned people for things far less, so there is no way she's going to be professing her love, remaining friends and sticking up for a man, if he stuck her head in the oven.  LOL!