Candy Shop or Body Shop?

Adonna

Candy Shop or Body Shop?   

66 members voted

1. 1. Which song do you prefer?

I absolutely love Candy Shop. I gave Body Shop a few chances but nothing happened (not even its live version caught me). I always have a great time when it comes to Candy Shop and its 9484377373 versions. Also, it's a remarkable one as it was the very first song I saw Madonna sing live, since Sticky & Sweet was the first M tour I attended back in 2008. So, yeah, Candy Shop does have a special place in my playlists

Body shop lyrics are embarassing ... and in any good way possible. The mood and the melody are cute so it's a shame.

Candy shop is a solid track, very Neptunes sounding, and always a stand out moment when performed (my favourite version musically is the MDNA one, in terms of performance SS and RH were both energetic and sexy). She's been able to make it something in her career even without a proper release or success.

Candy Shop

allthou i always considered 4Minutes the better opener for an album than candy aaand i think candy is the weakest entrance for a tour. (didnt Gwen Stefani start her LAMB tour like that?)

However, i do like the live versions per se, and especially RHT version back to back with Music is damn cool.

"my sugar is rooooh" indeed :lol:

Hard Candy took me a long time to appreciate, it felt a little dated to me at the time. If it had been released six months earlier it probably would have sounded fresher but the Timbaland and Neptunes production sound was everywhere and I was a little over it. 

But listening to that album now out of the context of the pop music landscape of the time, it’s a very solid album in my opinion. And Candy Shop was a song that at the time felt like a cheesy novelty song but now I love it. 

As for Body Shop, it is literally my least favourite Madonna song of all time. I can’t ever imagine a time where I would deliberately listen to that song aside from if it just came on while listening to Rebel Heart as a whole. Sorry to those that love it, I respect your opinions! 🤭