MadonnaInfinity -- Best Madonna Song COUNTDOWN

MeantToBeIconic

It's interesting how some people can dislike songs/albums, while the same songs/albums can have such a deep meaning to someone else.For me, I highly rate all the singles off True Blue, yet I don't like any of the non-singles (I like the remix if where's the party though). I guess maybe as I only bought the album in 2001 when I was 18, and I I obviously knew the singles from my mum playing the immaculate collection tape in the car when it came out in 1990. Maybe I had a deeper connection to the singles as I'd heard them when I was a kid a lot in the car and it reminded me of my mum (like all songs on the immaculate collection do).Similarly, the Music album reminds me clearly of Christmas morning 2000, as I played it while racing my brother on Mario Kart 64 and while my mum (who's divorced from my dad) came around, so was a great day- so for me I kinda love Nobody's Perfect LOL, but I get the feeling I'm probably in the extreme minority :-D

I feel the same way about those!! The singles from True Blue are some of her finest, but the album itself not among my favourites. Music is a fantastic album! 

Ok, ok. I was going to post yesterday, but with it being down, I lost motivation.

ANYWAY,

Here's one that will make literally everyone upset

Posted Image

#4 -- Live to Tell

Average: 9.35

Highest: 11x1 (@@slave)

Lowest: 7x3 (@@voguemadonna, @@musicinferno, and @carlito76a)

Madonna's best ballad to date. This is a complete standout from True Blue and sounds more mature than anything on that album, including the production. I'm not sure what subject the song is addressing, but it addresses it very well. Her voice sounds so full, and she feels very comfortable in this element. Sorry for all your winner's picks, but those three above had to ruin it and kill this gorgeous song.

With the elimination of Live to Tell @ #4, the True Blue album has dropped out of the race for #1. 

The Like a Prayer album has now moved to #1, but will it hold on to the top position with Vogue & Frozen hot on the heels of Like a Prayer for the prestigious top M-Infinity #1 Madonna song. :)

Well I hope it does & FYI, I rated the Like a Prayer song 11. Fingers crossed that many others did as well!:)

Stay tuned for the final countdown from MeantToBeIconic!

M-Infinity Madonna Album Current Ranking Before Top 10 Tracks

1. Like a Prayer [March 21, 1989] - currently represented by Like a Prayer

2. I'm Breathless [May 22, 1990currently represented by Vogue

3. Ray of Light [March 3, 1998] currently represented by Frozen

[Eliminated Albums in RED]

4. True Blue [June 30, 1986]

5. Music [September 19, 2000]

6. Like a Virgin [November 12, 1984]

7. COADF [November 11, 2005]

8. Erotica [October 20, 1992]

9. American Life [April 22, 2003]

10. Bedtime Stories [October 25, 1994]

11. Rebel Heart [March 6, 2015]

12. Something to Remember [November 7, 1995]

13. Evita [October 25, 1996]

14. MDNA [March 23, 2012]

15. Hard Candy [April 19, 2008]

16. Madonna [July 27, 1983]

17. Who’s That Girl [July 21, 1987]

M-Infinity Madonna Album Current Ranking Before Top 10 Tracks

1. Like a Prayer [March 21, 1989] - currently represented by Like a Prayer

2. I'm Breathless [May 22, 1990] - currently represented by Vogue

3. Ray of Light [March 3, 1998] - currently represented by Frozen

I'm gutted at live to tell being knocked out (i wanted it to beat vogue lol) but am still banking on Like a prayer being #1. I want Frozen to pip vogue to the post for 2nd place but think Vogue will actually be 2nd, so I think the current album placings will be how the top 3 will turn out. I don't actually dislike vogue but LAP, frozen and Live to tell are much better IMO. ;-)

However this countdown ends, it will have made us redefine our priorities... rediscover some songs, understand others.

Three aspects of Madonna are equally represented in the final Top3:

1) the dancing queen, and timeless icon;

2) the electronic artist, who can make electronica sound so intimate and personal;

3) the mature singer who can make perfect pop and challenges us all the time with questions about life and religion.

Hoever this countdown ends, it will have made us redefine our priorities... rediscover some songs, understand others.Three aspects of Madonna are equally represented in the final Top3:1) the dancing queen, and timeless icon;2) the electronic artist, who can make electronica sound so intimate and personal;3) the mature singer who can make perfect pop and challenges us all the time with questions about life and religion.

Enrico- you're right on point about that. I didn't spot that, or think about it in that way until you pointed it out. :-)