Not selling out?

Once the show opens and new reports, Instagram posts, and other media outlets make the rounds, they'll be sold out. The VIP packages that are unsold go back to regular pricing 5 days prior to showtime, as well. It's not unusual to find good tix from the venue/ticketmaster days before.

Once the show opens and new reports, Instagram posts, and other media outlets make the rounds, they'll be sold out. The VIP packages that are unsold go back to regular pricing 5 days prior to showtime, as well. It's not unusual to find good tix from the venue/ticketmaster days before.

Honestly, this is *sadly* what I hope happens. I'll be visiting Las Vegas during her show there, but resale tickets are ridiculously priced. Somebody suggested I go to the MGM Grand the day of and see if there will be reduced prices. For poor college kids like me, this is the most economic-conscious way to get decent tickets! :cry:

The Press like New York Post is always full of BS. All three of her NYC shows will be sold out. The NYP also claimed that the RIT, Sticky and Sweet, and MDNA tours were flops too.

Almost all the concert dates have an interactive map now on Ticketmaster. http://www.ticketmaster.com/Madonna-tickets/artist/768011?tm_link=artist_artistvenue_module 

Zoom in to look at the tickets on Ticketmaster. At first glance, those interactive maps are misleading with the shaded colors. If a section is shaded in light blue, there might only be 1 or 2 seats available in that section. I'm confident that they'll be sold out or almost sold out by the show date. At the moment, the only one that's not selling well is Joe Louis Arena in Detroit. Most of the others are doing fine. I would say overall average about 90% is sold: some 85%. some 90%. some 95%.

For example, Madison Square Garden [sept 16] @ http://www.ticketmaster.com/madonna-rebel-heart-tour-new-york-new-york-09-16-2015/event/1D004E5AF1AB4BF4?artistid=768011&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1&tm_link=artist_msg-0_1D004E5AF1AB4BF4

At first glance b4 zooming in:

Posted Image

After zooming in:

Posted Image

Yes, they immediately assume as soon as they see the colored blocks that they are pretty much empty. Even if they would look closer and see that there are really only a few seats left they want everyone to know that she's not sold out and it's poor sales. What bs!  Even if it is 90% sold out, that to me is damn good. :)

Why is that?

Madonna offended Detroit mayor and residents by calling her hometown basic’ 

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/madonna-calls-her-hometown-basic-and-the-mayor-is-not-impressed/story-fn907478-1227267912904

But I think it's more to do with the bad economy which is why the ticket prices for Detroit are much cheaper than other cities. Plus it's a dangerous city to be out at night - high crime rate, lot of muggings etc

At this moment, Detroit ticket sales:

Posted Image

Madonna offended Detroit mayor and residents by calling her hometown basic’ 

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/madonna-calls-her-hometown-basic-and-the-mayor-is-not-impressed/story-fn907478-1227267912904

But I think it's more to do with the bad economy which is why the ticket prices for Detroit are much cheaper than other cities. Plus it's a dangerous city to be out at night - high crime rate, lot of muggings etc

At this moment, Detroit ticket sales:

Posted Image

Sorry - As someone who hails from Detroit originally and still goes back  many times a year to visit family, I can assure you that one of the reasons it's not selling out is because "it's a dangerous city to be out in at night." The "high crime rate and muggings" doesn't stop the arena from filling to capacity for Detroit Red Wings hockey games and the numerous other touring acts the arena hosts. The arena and the surrounding area is actually quite safe. 

First and foremost, she pissed people off in her home state by calling them basic, like you said, coupled with the high cost of tickets and that's a recipe for disaster. 

It's a shame she's not selling out as fast as she used to. Pains me to say this but I'm still holding off from buying a ticket until I know the setlist. I have a hangover from the MDNA tour in Edinburgh!Sadly it wasn't a good atmosphere and I got the tickets before the album was released so I had to have faith that it was going to be a great album. Im not a hater, I've been a fan for 25 years but that era/concert did make a massive dent. Trust me, I hope more than anyone that the Rebel Heart tour is fucking amazing!

I thought the MDNA Tour was pretty good, however not for an outside venue.  I'm not sure she earned any fans going on so late at night, however it's M.  I believe she's earned the right.  How many other artists will still be going at this strength 30+ years into their career? 

Janet - didn't even know she was around.  Thought she fell off the face of the earth after she canceled her last tour 2 shows in due to vertigo.  Sadly I heard the new song - very similar to anything she's done in the past - nothing stellar or 'new.'

GREAT perspective & maps GroovyGuy! I never looked at it that way :)  

Thanks for the opinions all - I hope you enjoy the show as much as I will :) :) :)  16 days to go!!

I thought the MDNA Tour was pretty good, however not for an outside venue.  I'm not sure she earned any fans going on so late at night, however it's M.  I believe she's earned the right.  How many other artists will still be going at this strength 30+ years into their career? 

Janet - didn't even know she was around.  Thought she fell off the face of the earth after she canceled her last tour 2 shows in due to vertigo.  Sadly I heard 

Thanks for the opinions all - I hope you enjoy the show as much as I will :) :) :)  16 days to go!!

I loved the MDNA Tour -- it has always been a dream of mine to see M in a stadium and basically I died twice at Yankee Stadium: one (bad) floor seat and lucky enough to be a Triangle Bitch the 2nd time. 

Not going to lie: I am a little afraid of what time she is going to actually take the stage and I know a few people who aren't buying tickets or waiting to buy tickets to see what the start time is because she came on so late for MDN. A lot of the time, people DO have to go to work in the AM or get home to their kids, etc. I also noticed a visible lack of enthusiasm and audible grumblings from the people around me when I saw MDNA at MSG  from the upper bowl in NYC because she went on so late.  I hope it doesn't happen this time around :( 

Honestly, this is *sadly* what I hope happens. I'll be visiting Las Vegas during her show there, but resale tickets are ridiculously priced. Somebody suggested I go to the MGM Grand the day of and see if there will be reduced prices. For poor college kids like me, this is the most economic-conscious way to get decent tickets! :cry:

For RIT in Philadelphia I scored amazing tix on Craigslist the same day. Just met person before show badda bing badda boom. Sometimes they have a pair they're hoping to sell together and ya can get a little haggle on. Its hard for us po' folks to afford the presales and stock trading before the game even starts! Fun to watch and oddly satisfying when at the show though fa sho. TEN DAYS!!